PDA

View Full Version : how to access pc's shared drivers through vuduo?

hiohaa
22-10-11, 00:54
hello. i have my vu duo on the network. it can see the other pc's on the network.
But how do i get it to see the shared drives on the network?

is it possible? i'd basically like to access my music folders, on my shared drivers on my pc upstairs, and play through the vu+duo.

please help. thanks.

xarqi
22-10-11, 02:47
Assuming that the network shares have been properly set up, the Vu+ should see them, but that does not always seem to happen. Plan B is to go to the Vu+ Network Mount Manager screen and enter the necessary information, such as server IP address, share name, type, and any user authentication information. That should create a new mount point in the Vu+ that you can use.

But there is another snag, and that is that (and correct me if I'm wrong, someone) the media players available on the Vu+ are fairly rudimentary and buggy, so the experience is not perhaps as nice as you'd like. That said, I do use it from time to time, having 'shared' my iTunes library.

Rob van der Does
22-10-11, 15:06
Have a mount point set up: that is seen by the mediaplayer and all files can be neatly seen, pre-viewed and played.

Be sure to use only the build-in mediaplayer (i.e. the movielist); using the Mediaplayer (that's on top in the Menu) or a plugin (such as EMC) will not enhance your playback experiences.