View Full Version : Just bought VU+UNO advice on best image

ellblud
21-10-11, 15:00
Just bought vu+uno just wondering whats the best image for 7 day epg

its being deliverd tomorrow.

Stanman
21-10-11, 15:06
VIX or Vix or VIX:thumbsup::thumbsup:

integrated crossEPG, opentv on 28./2E will give you 7 days as well as on many European satellites.

ellblud
21-10-11, 15:13
ok looks like ill be using vix then ! ill let you know how it goes when it arrives tomorrow :D

jjp2701
21-10-11, 15:38
blackhole images are very good m8, and solid images too

Donnie
21-10-11, 16:32
Black Hole Images for me :D

silverfox0786
21-10-11, 16:41
just waned to point out in this thread and what i have seen in many threads

when a question like this arrises alot of people get on trhe bandwaggon and post a one word reply thats doesnt mean anything

so far the real anseer that OP has gotten is from stanman he has had the courtosy of explaining why he thinks VIX is better and what it does

where as other just post the image name and not justify why

im not gonna even get on that band waggon and say to OP do what i did, Try em all and make up yr own mind, suggestions are great but its yiou that will be using it so try and see what you like

:D

Larry-G
21-10-11, 17:52
personally i say VIX but thats hardly surprising now is it ?. however i have tried all other images at least onec and in my honest opinion ( hand on heart ) VIX is by far the most user friendly image going, we go to great lengths to make a image that any one can easily get to grips with from the guy who has never even used a third party receiver to the old sat geek like me.

punisher
21-10-11, 19:24
I tried a few images when i came on the sat scene with my vu duo and after that all i came to vix and still here, purely because the skins awsome the stuff thats integrated into the image like Inadyn, Crossepg, the quickepg(scrolling left and right through channels without changing channel), the countless requests i made to andy to add this and that and he has delivered on everything. Even some of the new things on vix 2.3. Feedback and new features are accepted wholely from anyone who uses it The countless hours that go into making an image that the users want and love is unreal lol but like its been said above, you are the one thats going to use it like i was with my duo and so its ultimately you that will have to go about finding what best suits you and your needs :D

ViX all the way hehe :p cnt blame me

Rob van der Does
22-10-11, 15:18
Just bought vu+uno just wondering whats the best image for 7 day epg.
You wouldn't be surprised to get "ViX" for an answer on a ViX-forum, would you?
But really the best thing to do is to convince yourself: just give a couple of images a try, use each of them for a couple of days, and then make your own choice; based on what is impostant for you. And don't stick to the skin an image comes with: try several others as well.

silverfox0786
22-10-11, 18:28
You wouldn't be surprised to get "ViX" for an answer on a ViX-forum, would you?
But really the best thing to do is to convince yourself: just give a couple of images a try, use each of them for a couple of days, and then make your own choice; based on what is impostant for you. And don't stick to the skin an image comes with: try several others as well.

Haha rob lol

First you talk of getting vix as an answer on vix forum then you just sneak it in there for the skin lol

Btw rob is the creator of the magic skin :)

Donnie
22-10-11, 19:09

when a question like this arrises alot of people get on trhe bandwaggon and post a one word reply thats doesnt mean anything

so far the real anseer that OP has gotten is from stanman he has had the courtosy of explaining why he thinks VIX is better and what it does

im not gonna even get on that band waggon and say to OP do what i did, Try em all and make up yr own mind, suggestions are great but its yiou that will be using it so try and see what you like

I could quite easily reel off a load of reasons why I would recommend BH images and to answer the OP I honestly believe BH image offer the best epg solution all round but I think it would not only be wrong but also disrespectful to this board to do so.

So for that reason alone I think the basic answer of an image recommendation is not an invalid post.

ellblud
24-10-11, 13:00
Ok i have downloaded VU+ Control Centre Version 0.3 but it wont let me connect to my ip.

Stanman
24-10-11, 16:20
Download Filezilla for the FTP side and Putty for the Telnet side,both work perfectly.

Have you inputted your username and password? (should be blank if you did not change it)

gsandhu
24-10-11, 16:55
vix for me

naveh
24-10-11, 17:48
vix for me also.

birdman99
24-10-11, 19:58
My opinion by the looks of what ive seen upto now is blackhole.

silverfox0786
24-10-11, 20:04
I personally am not a BH fan due to the menu system but i think overall the image is quite good

But i'm glad yr making your own mind up as for me navigation and ease of use is the most important to me and VIX is the best in that by far

VIX menus can all be found by pressing the one button thats MENU and blue button being a shortcut

where as other images including BH and SIF And PLi even they have all there menu system all over the place blue button for this green button for that menu to do this etc etc

One thing i will advise you is BH dont support cams so to get that up and runnign you will have to do a bit of google reading

Sicilian
27-10-11, 07:15
I could quite easily reel off a load of reasons why I would recommend BH images and to answer the OP I honestly believe BH image offer the best epg solution all round but I think it would not only be wrong but also disrespectful to this board to do so.

So for that reason alone I think the basic answer of an image recommendation is not an invalid post.

Please explain what better EPG option Blackhole offers to ViX, would be interested to here. Not trying to get into a debate of whats image is better of anything, just curious what extra EPG features it has.

captain jack
27-10-11, 10:47
I've used many images on the Dreambox, including Black Hole and OpenPLi. What it swung it towards VIX on the Uno for me is the fact that it's based on a very stable OpenPLi platform. It has great subtitling, something that other images have to rely on 2SUB plug-in (which used to crash on Dreambox all the time) and easy soft CAM management. VIX has a great skin by default - not sure if it can be used on other images - and is ready to go pretty much out of the box.

:thumbsup: