PDA

View Full Version : advice for which software to put on vu+duo for ccam or ncamd

ipswich208
20-10-11, 16:35
hi all any advice would be great as im wanting to get the vu+duo from this site but wanting to know which is the best software to have put on either the vix team,blackhole,vti,openpli or vu+offical software for use with ccam or ncamd if any one could let me know that would be great then will be ordering of world of satellite thanks

Sicilian
20-10-11, 16:40
This is the home of the ViX Team, so ViX image all the way :)

See here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9743-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-Image-v2.2.100-21-07-2011

The above link has screenshots of what to expect.

ipswich208
20-10-11, 16:42
so thats the vix team software then yes just want to make sure before i order

Larry-G
20-10-11, 16:44
i agree with SIC you are on the VIX home forum and as such we would be amis if we did not recommend our own offering.

saying that you really wont know which one is best for you unless you try them. but be aware that the official image is very basic and not very customizable either. give the various offerings a go and let us know how you get on.

p.s VIX all the way for me.

speak to the sponsor he will flash what ever image you want to the receiver before he ships it to you. you can then try others at your leisure.

ipswich208
20-10-11, 16:45
ok thanks for the advice one more thing,is the vu+duo 3d ready as well

Sicilian

Yes it is ;)

Larry-G

yes the Duo is fully 3D compatible.

ipswich208
20-10-11, 16:47
ok just about to order so wish me luck will prob be on here again next week on advice again how to setup for ccam or ncamd lol

Larry-G
20-10-11, 16:49
ok just about to order so wish me luck will prob be on here again next week on advice again how to setup for ccam or ncamd lol

we will happily help any way we can, although please read the rules before making posts about softcams so you dont fall foul of the sites rules.
other than that i hope you like your new receiver when it arrives.

Stanman
20-10-11, 19:13
Just to add to the comments the guys have made above, VIX truly is user friendly, for watching SAT TV it really is the best image, easy to set up and has EPG, IANDYN etc all integrated:thumbsup:

Sicilian
20-10-11, 21:59
Softcam guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX

ipswich208
01-11-11, 13:10
hi ive got both the dreambox edit and the flashfxp is there any other files etc or anything else i have to put on the computer for these to work with the vu duo as just setting up the box

Stanman
01-11-11, 20:11
All the new WOS toolbox has everything you may need http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11774-All-New-World-oF-Satellite-Toolbox

mauri
02-11-11, 12:03
hi all any advice would be great as im wanting to get the vu+duo from this site but wanting to know which is the best software to have put on either the vix team,blackhole,vti,openpli or vu+offical software for use with ccam or ncamd if any one could let me know that would be great then will be ordering of world of satellite thanks

I tend to agree with the other guys - VIX image seems to be more user friendly. More customization options.

IMO, I would rank the images you mentioned this way;

- Vu+Duo original image; is very basic, very hard to customize as per your own tastes/needs. It is like a bare-bone PC

- VTi seems rock solid to me, they come up with updates/upgrades quite often. I did try it several times (when I had glitches/bugs with VIX/PLi). THeir latest version (3.2( has nice features to tweak around your box.
I big plus is the fact that VTi has softcams in their repository sites - hence easy to install the softcam of your choice. They also have some customized 'double softcams' for i.e. cccam and oscam. But on the other hand, IMO it does not have a very good media player, neither a nice UI EPG.

- PLi very similar to VIX image (since months now VIX is based on PLi open source)

- VIX for me is the winner, because it seems that the guys (of this forum) spent hours of programming/beta testing to deliver a very polished image - very user friendly, intuitive interfaces, nicely laid out menu trees - seems like everything is thought to give you the best possible with the least buttons pressed. The VIX HD skin for me is the best skin yet. VIX EPG is the best yet simple EPG out there. VIX media player seems to play better than the other images - I love the way it handles the subtitles when playing avi or mkv files.

- Blackhole and other images - never tried.

If I would compare this images with cars, I would say that;

Vu+ original image is like a Skoda Yeti - it is 4x4, but it just takes you to the destination
VTi - is like Freelander 2, raw speed and good in handling, but somehow feel clogged up with not much needed menus/tweaks
PLi - is like a Ford Kuga, very nice handling, fun to drive - but somehow feels like cheaply build.

VIX - is like a Audi Q5 - feels great to drive, it handles nicely in and off road, it is very fast and it has smooth engine and very sweet gear changes. And yes, it is a luxury car as well. ;)

guess which car I am driving... :D

punisher
02-11-11, 13:15
U mean vix is the audi Q7 :p

silverfox0786
02-11-11, 14:40
Naaaa mate VIX is the enzo ferarri of the satellite linux software

mauri
02-11-11, 19:08
Well, I guess I have to wait and see (till I get my hands on a Q7). For the moment I will settle with my S-line Q5. :D

As per the redhead Ferrari, I just don't dare to compare it with anything in this world (or that world... :D).
By the way, thank you very much for the great work you do with VIX image!

punisher
02-11-11, 19:27
ask me about the audi q7, one of the sexiest cars on road, its a right head turner in white with black rims :p

mauri
02-11-11, 19:43
ask me about the audi q7, one of the sexiest cars on road, its a right head turner in white with black rims :p

Ha, nice catch mate! White body on black rims...sexy I wouldn't say, cuz it;s kinda huge for calling it sexy... :P
Well, having second thoughts; Uma Turman is kinda Q7ish, but dam hot she is! :D