PDA

View Full Version : Network issue

Foxylady
20-10-11, 07:29
Morning all,
Not had any problems with replacement modems etc from virgin but yesterday i was given the superhub free as the normal hub wireless is utter poo.
All fine last night, now this morning i noticed nothing on and see in the network section, it says NO NETWORKS DEVICES FOUND.
Is this something to do with the new hub as like i say last night all fine.
Thanks

Foxylady
20-10-11, 10:37
I tried all that could be problem creators and nothign.
Reflashed and all good again

Foxylady
21-10-11, 07:03
Argh still problems with it.
it is since this new superhub was installed.
Last night i could ftp to the box, view channel etc thou it was on and off most of evening.
It is as thou the information is not getting from hub to box, wireless works, laptop etc work via ethernet.
The network is showing whereas before it wouldn't thus my reason to reflash.
I know my dm needed port forwarding doing i believe which a friend did for me as not a clue on how to as confusing thus did not want to ruin router settings.
Then had vu and no need for port forwarding and thats been all good for nearly a year until i got this super hub.
Anyone any ideas
Thank you

mmcmedia
21-10-11, 08:49
How are you connecting your vu to the hub ?

punisher
21-10-11, 09:20
Im stuk at work at the moment an seen the thread late, ill help u out with the superhub later today but the superhub shouldnt be causing u issues as its used by many. Its probably just going to be a setting here and there that need changing. How are you connecting, wired or wireless?

Foxylady
21-10-11, 10:35
I am connected via ethernet.
I changed the settings i.e unticked firewall etc in the router and seems to be ok for now, i will continue to kepe an eye on this.
Any more advice is welcome as i might have missed something.

Foxylady
21-10-11, 12:56
Reet come back in and turn hub tv, box on and it says as before online somethign error to network, some of line of that.
Now what i have noticed that on 3 ocassions since i noticed the issue, i always turn everything off when i go out so nothing has no power as i have done for years with any equipment electrical.
I turn all on and get the messgae, the if i hold down power button and select reboot, everything seems to work.
I hae not a clue what's causing this so hopefully the brains can help.
Best wishes

punisher
21-10-11, 13:12
Try is, turn modem on first give it 2 minute to sort itself out and lock on, then turn the tv and the box on. Ive got a feeling ur box is booting up faster than the time it take for the modem to lock onto virmin medias network to give u an internet connection hence why the box is throwin up a connection error. Try what ive just mentioned and se if that sorts it.

Foxylady
21-10-11, 13:13
Ok an update sooner than i thought lol.
A good friend as been helping me via the net and teamviewer.
They explained concerns as regards the LEASE TIME which is standard set to 3600 seconds.
As i turn my stuff off always, the box is off and the hub disconnecting the ip as it thinks it is no longer in use.
They have set the lease time to 48hours which hopefully will correct it.
Still i would like any advice from superhub users if you feel it will help incase this does not.
Best wishes all

punisher
21-10-11, 13:15
Try the steps i mentioned in the post above urs as i think we both poted at the same time lol

Foxylady
21-10-11, 13:41
Hi punisher,
It seems your saying exactly what my friend just said.
I turn everything off by the wall and flip it on and all good before i got the superhub.
So now wiht this i have to wait for hub to boot as you say and flip switch on rear of box as it does seem box is booting quicker which ain't a bad thing lol.
Just means really the superhub is old and slow.

punisher
21-10-11, 20:39
Its not old and slow, u gotta remember its a modem and a router all in one, so its gotta do 2 jobs as quick as possible, i know e standalone modems took about 30secs to lock onto vm network and the hub takes about a minute or sometimes 2 depends on whether it can find a ubr to lock onto quick time. Bt atleast you got to the bottom of it :D

Foxylady
21-10-11, 20:53
With separate modem and router no problems.
With the standard hub both modem/router from virgin, again no issues, i only got it replaced with superhub as i tried all other avenues as the wireless is utter pants which they still admit they need to correct, i was getting at most 1 meg over wireless.
So they gave me the superhub like i say which virgin said they have resolved the wireless issues on this and sent me that out, all great apart from the above.
Eitherway the superhub as an hardware or further software issue they not discovered maybe?
But agreed least we got to the bottom of it :thumbsup:

punisher
21-10-11, 22:43
You can always switch the wireless off on the superhub and make it a modem only so you can attach your own wireless router to it and use that. If you log into the routers gateway page and click on advanced settings and then in the menu on left gand right at the bottom is a modem only option click that and follow the steps :D