PDA

View Full Version : JailbreakMe.com Gets New Owner, Not Safe For Jailbreaking iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

silverfox0786
20-10-11, 04:03
JailbreakMe.com is one of the widely used jailbreak tool which can help you to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in just few minutes. But here is a sad news, as JailbreakMe.com has got a new owner and it is not really safe to point your browser to JailbreakMe.com to jailbreak your iDevice. Moreover MuscleNerd has also tweeted that the new owner of JailbreakMe.com is unknown and it’s unsafe to use JailbreakMe to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad or iPod touch.

MuscleNerd tweeted – “the new owner of jailbreakme.com is absolutely unknown, untrusted, and unsafe..in perfect place for iPhone malware” and also mentioned that – “everything jailbreakme.com used to host will soon be on jailbreaks.me. Don’t trust jailbreakme.com anymore (seriously)”.

Currently if you are looking to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch better use either redsn0w or sn0wbreeze until we officially hear from MuscleNerd that the new jailbreak files are hosted at Jailbreaks.me.

Larry-G
20-10-11, 04:50
nahh that's old news that bud, JailbreakMe.com Transferred To Saurik – Cydia Founder on the 8th of October.

================

JailbreakMe.com Transferred To Saurik – Cydia Founder; Safe For Jailbreaking Again
Posted by iPhoneHacks on Oct 08, 2011

When we writing the post about JailbreakMe.com being sold to an unknown entity, we wondered why Jay Freeman a.k.a saurik - founder of Cydia hadn't bought the domain.

As it turns out, we were quite late in reporting the news as saurik is indeed the new owner of the JailbreakMe.com domain, as the person who had initially bought it from ConceitedApps was kind enough to transfer it to Saurik.

Minutes before we published the post warning you to avoid using JailbreakMe.com, Freeman announced the news on Twitter:

Yesterday, we learned that jailbreakme.com was sold in July; today, I talked with the new owner: he is actually very likable and awesome. ;P

...and tonight, jailbreakme.com was transferred to me (convenient, as I host the site ;P); so, going forward, we no longer need to worry! :D

Saurik or the iPhone Dev team were the ideal folks to own or control the domain, so this is good news as there were concerns that the domain could be used to host iPhone malware.

So JailbreakMe 3.0 can be safely be used again to jailbreak iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch for iOS 4.3.3 or lower. You can checkout this post for more details on how to jailbreak your iOS device on iOS 4.3.3 or lower.

Thanks Mgrove03 and HusAli for the tip!

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2011/10/jailbreakme-com-transferred-to-saurik-cydia-founder-safe-for-jailbreaking-again.html

silverfox0786
20-10-11, 11:56
LMAO its posted data on iphone site was a few days ago so i thought it was new

kevdoc
20-10-11, 12:03
Any1 notice a possible hint at iOS 5.0 untethered JB by the chronic dev. It was a tweet that simply said 11/1/11 which in American format would be the 1st Nov :) I hope so....

silverfox0786
20-10-11, 12:07
we all awaiting anxiously for this one matey

i cant waait for siri on ipad2 aparrently its comming

kevdoc
20-10-11, 13:11
we all awaiting anxiously for this one matey

i cant waait for siri on ipad2 aparrently its comming

I've seen screenshots of it ported to the iPad 2. Just polishing it off before release aperently. It's already been ported to iPhone 4 I believe.

silverfox0786
20-10-11, 13:15
the iphone 4 port is still to be polished and is a jailbreak port where as the ipad2 port is gonna be made by apple and be an official port

its all down to the chips the iphone4 has a A4 chip and the 4S has an A5 and so has ipad2

kevdoc
20-10-11, 13:23
Yea I'm aware of the hardware. Sonny Dickson, the dev in process of porting to iPhone 4 tweeted awhile ago about the Siri structure being build solely around software and not based on the hardware specs. Though of course the hardware will help performance of the software. Will be cool though to have it official from apple on iPad 2 IF I STILL HAD ONE LOL :P

punisher
20-10-11, 13:37
Im dyin to unlock the full potential of my ipad2 lol

kevdoc
20-10-11, 13:53
Logmein ignition is unreal on the iPad 2. I've never experienced an app of its kind that's so easy to use.

punisher
20-10-11, 13:56
Logmein ignition is unreal on the iPad 2. I've never experienced an app of its kind that's so easy to use.

whats that app about?

silverfox0786
20-10-11, 14:21
whats that app about?

actually looks good

https://secure.logmein.com/products/ignition/

punisher
20-10-11, 16:58
Yeh went on n had a read, looks really good. Need to check it out properly when i get back

silverfox0786
20-10-11, 16:59
i defo want to get it but at Ł21 its a bit expensive for a app

kevdoc
20-10-11, 20:58
well then wait for the 5.0 JB and try it for free before you buy ;) cant say i payed for it like tbh, but sure! but it really is amazing its like having your desktop/laptop/server which ever you use, at your finger tips! made my life easy with my duo etc. i have a server in my spare room. if im working at a receiver it saves me running back and forth. just remote access the server from lounge were the receiver is and walla ftp or what ever it is u wanna do, just do it lol also can help if your like me and your the guy every body phones if their computers playing up... have it installed on friends and families machines and u can access their computers from were ever you are. it runs in the background and is simple to setup, just log in with your account details and set it to run with startup. means u can check drivers etc if its just software problems and their machine boots. can save alot of hassel and un needed traveling :D

punisher
20-10-11, 21:01
yeh the idea of the app is awsome, will check it out when JB is out and if i like it then will definately purchase it. i did the same with the dreambox live app tried it, loved it, then brought it and still using it since

jcm193
20-10-11, 21:17
Personally i would just use teamviewer rather than logmein,its free and works really well ive used it on both the iphone and android and its never let me down

silverfox0786
20-10-11, 21:18
team view i find to be wayyyyyy to slow

jcm193
20-10-11, 21:20
Not found that myself but you pays your money you take your choice

team view i find to be wayyyyyy to slow

punisher
20-10-11, 21:25
yeh i use teamviewer too and that worked brilliant for me. i know what you mean by a slow, its random sluggishness but nothing that has any major effects, still a brilliant app considering its free

stuattravs
20-10-11, 21:42
I can also recommend splash top streamer from the app store, it just works and it's cheap

kevdoc
21-10-11, 10:18
maybe im just biast as ive only ever used logmein, but it seriously unleashes the full potential of the ipad i.e. multigesture etc. suppose you get what you pay for and it is that price for a reason. theres an unlimited amount of computers you can manage from your account also. suppose its down to everyones owns needs and tastes. i just couldnt imagine even trying anything else other than it as it does its job so well very fast glitch free and with ease.