PDA

View Full Version : Noticeable differences between vix 2.0 and 2.2, any work around

jassie
19-10-11, 22:21
I notice that now when I press the tv button it doesn't automatically go to the alphabetic order list of channels from the current sat which it did on the vix 2.0, is it possible to set it up to revert to the old way?

On the recordings on the hard drive you can no longer get the info to come up by pressing the epg button on the programme, can I get around this as well as trying to scroll through the recordings page by page, is this possible?

These aren't exactly problems, but just wanted to know if it was at all possible, many thanks:p

silverfox0786
19-10-11, 22:29
alot of changes are comming in vix 2.3 id say load 2.2 and await 2.3 it gonna be the bomb

jassie
19-10-11, 23:18
alot of changes are comming in vix 2.3 id say load 2.2 and await 2.3 it gonna be the bomb

I await it with great anticipation mate, just as I do the Ultimo:p

mauri
22-10-11, 21:46
yeah, I guess everyone is waiting for 2.3. Though it is taking more than 3 months now... :(

(with this, I do not mean any disrespect for the hard working programmers/beta testers! ...but 3 months to get another upgrade sound a little bit too much. Wonder why not release .xx revisions time after time. Not just nightly builds.)

basilyoung
22-10-11, 22:25
well as stated from key testers, there are a lot of changes, = a lot of time simples

Larry-G
23-10-11, 06:05
yeah, I guess everyone is waiting for 2.3. Though it is taking more than 3 months now... :(

(with this, I do not mean any disrespect for the hard working programmers/beta testers! ...but 3 months to get another upgrade sound a little bit too much. Wonder why not release .xx revisions time after time. Not just nightly builds.)

because as bas said there are a lot of changes in behind the scenes of the image that need extensive testing. we are working hard to get the image out but we will not release a image untill we are happy that it is stable and working, we do not push beta images or so called nightly builds onto the public as they are too unstable. plus is 2.2 really that bad ? that you cant just wait patiently ?.

mauri
23-10-11, 19:42
2.2 is not bad at all. Quite the contrary. But still there are some annoyances like: no uPnp/uShare plugin possible to install. IMDB isn't fully operational and some other minor bugs.
Hence, it would have been better IMO to have .01 versions - in which you just iron out bugs, one or several at time. But again, that's just my personal view... ;)

Larry-G
23-10-11, 21:18
2.2 is not bad at all. Quite the contrary. But still there are some annoyances like: no uPnp/uShare plugin possible to install. IMDB isn't fully operational and some other minor bugs.
Hence, it would have been better IMO to have .01 versions - in which you just iron out bugs, one or several at time. But again, that's just my personal view... ;)

we do regularly release minor updates in this way hence why we ask that users always run a update scan as soon after flashing the image as possible, the same applies when submitting bug reports, as more often than not we have released a bug fix and updated the image.