PDA

View Full Version : Watch Live TV/recordings on your iPad, iPhone4 or iPod Touch from ET9000/5000

premiumtaste
18-10-11, 14:03
Enjoy Live TV and recordings from your ET9000 or ET5000 directly on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch through "Dreambox Live"

Dreambox Live only supports iPad, iPhone4, iPod Touch 4th generation or better (Dreambox Live does NOT support iPhone 3gs, iPhone 3g, iPod Touch 3rd generation or lower)

Core Features:
• Watch live TV and recordings directly from your ET9000 or ET5000 (non HD-TV)
• EPG
• Audio switching and subtitle support
• Zoom
• Zap modes

Installation and setup for your ET9000/5000 and iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch

1. On your ET9000/5000, go to menu-> Plugins -> Download Plugins (Green button) -> under Extensions -> download Webinterface-old-src.

2. After installing Webinterface-old-src, open webinterface, and change the settings according to the settings displayed below:

3. Goto the appstore on your iPhone4, iPod Touch 4th generation or better, or iPad and search “Dreambox Live.” Download this app for 5,99 € or download the app from this site: http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/dream...416450962?mt=8

4. When you open the app “Dreambox Live" on your device, you will see the Basic Settings screen.

• Host or IP-Address
1. Open the main menu by pressing the menu button
2. Select „Setup“
3. Select „System“
4. Select „Network“
5. Select „Adapter settings“
6. You should see the IP-address under „Current Settings"

• Label
The label helps you to indicate the Dreambox later. This option is useful when you have more than just one Dreambox.

• Quality
High
Perfect image quality, but on the price of speed and battery live
Middle
Fast camera movement causes minor image artifacts, but is generic faster than high quality
Low
Fast and battery saving, but on the price of sharpness and smoothness

• Zap Mode
Mirror
Always show the same channel on tv as on the app set.
Singletuner
Don’t zap when the channels on tv and app are on the same transponder.
Multituner
Never zap without asking before.
Activate this option when the Dreambox has more than one tuner available.
Advanced Settings

• Username & Password
Set username and password when streaming or webinterface authentication is activated. Default is no authentication.

• Web-Interface Port
The port of the webinterface. It is by default port 80.

• Streaming Port
The port for video streaming. It is by default port 8001.

• Cache
The app preloads data to avoid a connection lost. You can increase this value in milliseconds for stabilizing the stream.

11908 11909
11910 11911

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fT_ZCT87L9Y

For more information about troubleshooting and information to setup and installation go to: http://www.dmliveapp.de/blog/wp-cont...1/05/guide.pdf

aftermath
18-10-11, 14:22
I can confirm that this works on an iPhone 3gs as well, its been working on mine for a while..

what i would like to be able to do is be able to connect to my ET9000 from work/outside and watch tv from it. instead of tvcatchup, but i have not got a clue about setting up my router to achieve this..

premiumtaste
18-10-11, 15:47
I tried the links that I have posted, however they do not work, so I am posting them again:
To download the app from the itunes store go to:
http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/dreambox-live/id416450962?mt=8
For more information about troubleshooting and information to setup and installation go to:
http://www.dmliveapp.de/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/guide.pdf

premiumtaste
18-10-11, 15:50
I can confirm that this works on an iPhone 3gs as well, its been working on mine for a while..

what i would like to be able to do is be able to connect to my ET9000 from work/outside and watch tv from it. instead of tvcatchup, but i have not got a clue about setting up my router to achieve this..

So I should change the content of the post I have created...... However this forum won't let me edit my posts!! Thank you for the info. I have only tried it on my iphone 4 and works flawlessly. So from what you are saying is that you would like to watch TV on your phone outside of your home where your ET is? I hope that kind of setup will be developed in our near future :)

Larry-G
18-10-11, 16:02
like most VB based forums there is a time limit on the ability to edit or modify ones posts, however if you have something to add or want part of the post changing, then please contact a member of staff who would be more than happy to do it for you.

also in future could you please code your links as we dont permit live external links on the forum. i have coded those in post number 3 for you.

many thanks Phoenix.

aftermath
18-10-11, 16:06
So I should change the content of the post I have created...... However this forum won't let me edit my posts!! Thank you for the info. I have only tried it on my iphone 4 and works flawlessly. So from what you are saying is that you would like to watch TV on your phone outside of your home where your ET is? I hope that kind of setup will be developed in our near future :)

no , what i mean is, to be able to log onto my ET9000 from my phone from a different place, similar to the way a sling box works. It does work as i have seen posts in the past about this kind of stuff. But i never got my head round it. I think you need to enter details into your router to allow certain ports to open and allow it. i would imagine if it is possible it would be very slow and laggy.

punisher
18-10-11, 16:07

Have a look here for streaming externally

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12061-How-To-Stream-TV-To-iPhone-amp-iPad-amp-PC-amp-Others...&p=88565#post88565

premiumtaste
19-10-11, 10:14
Have a look here for streaming externally

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12061-How-To-Stream-TV-To-iPhone-amp-iPad-amp-PC-amp-Others...&p=88565#post88565

Wow. So I can actually watch TV on my iphone4 from ET9000 in the subway as soon as I setup my DynDNS account and setup the inadyn? Just to try this, I just changed my image to ViX image, although
it is taking a very long time to install... does it usually reboot many times?

punisher
19-10-11, 10:32
Yeh thats what i do, watch on iphone 4 and ipad bt you will need a very high upload speed 5-6mb+ the vix imahe takes about 6 minutes to flash and setup and should only reboot once during flashing process but if u do online software updates then it will reboot to finish the updates

premiumtaste
19-10-11, 10:36
"you will need a very high upload speed 5-6mb+" do you mean for my internet connection for the ET9000? or my iphone 4 3g speed?

premiumtaste
19-10-11, 11:20
I have upgraded et9000 with bootloader et9x00 2011-09-29. I also downloaded ViX-2.2.100-et9000_usb. As I unzipped all the files into a folder called et9x00,
I pasted it onto the root of my USB stick. Standard procedure: I inserted my USB stick into my ET9000, turned power off turned power on, on my VFD it said found image Vix.......
I press ok, and after 6 minutes, the system would reboot several times and keeps displaying the Xtrend starting page. Is there a Vix 2.2.100 image for the upgraded bootloader et9x00?
I am assuming that it's a mismatch between the Vix2.2.100 and ET9x00 new bootloader. Thus I have downloaded open PLI 10-19-2011 the newest version and installed the open PLI image back onto the ET9000. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong with the ViX installation?

Blu-ray
19-10-11, 11:30
Does any one know if there is a android app for the VU+DUO if so which one is the best.

premiumtaste
19-10-11, 13:47
Does any one know if there is a android app for the VU+DUO if so which one is the best.

You are asking about Vu+ Duo on a ET9000 Discussion page. Why don't you ask that question somewhere else? I do not have a Vu+ DUO

im85288
19-10-11, 15:49
I have upgraded et9000 with bootloader et9x00 2011-09-29. I also downloaded ViX-2.2.100-et9000_usb. As I unzipped all the files into a folder called et9x00,
I pasted it onto the root of my USB stick. Standard procedure: I inserted my USB stick into my ET9000, turned power off turned power on, on my VFD it said found image Vix.......
I press ok, and after 6 minutes, the system would reboot several times and keeps displaying the Xtrend starting page. Is there a Vix 2.2.100 image for the upgraded bootloader et9x00?
I am assuming that it's a mismatch between the Vix2.2.100 and ET9x00 new bootloader. Thus I have downloaded open PLI 10-19-2011 the newest version and installed the open PLI image back onto the ET9000. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong with the ViX installation?

I think you are out of luck mate. If you read this thread you will see what I mean:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12141-OpenPli-2.1-Linux3.0.3-beta-Image-World-Exclusive-16.10.2011&p=88250#post88250

premiumtaste
20-10-11, 11:07
I know. Either we wait for the ViX 2.3 to come out or find a way to downgrade the bootloader

punisher
20-10-11, 21:07
2.3 wont be long, bare with us and you wont be dissapointed :D

Sicilian
20-10-11, 21:48
You are asking about Vu+ Duo on a ET9000 Discussion page. Why don't you ask that question somewhere else? I do not have a Vu+ DUO

Most apps that work with a et9000 will work with a duo ;)