PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions on VIX Image (uno) & FPGA Upgrade

215liverpool
17-10-11, 14:11
Hi there

Just got my shiney new Vu+ Uno box, I've been experimenting and I have a few questions.

Initially I installed the most recent Blackhole Image but I had problems with CCCAM on it so I took it off. Before I removed it I run the FPGA update and it seemed to work fine.

I replaced it with the VIX (v 2.2.100) image and I seemed to have encountered a few bugs.

I know the images on this box are still in their infancy so I expected stuff like this to happen.

After the FPGA update I'm still having problems scanning certain satellites. For eg I seems to get about half the channels on 19.2 e and it doesn't even scan on 23.5 e. My understanding is that I only have to install the FPGA update once and not everytime I change an image ?

Whenever I scan a satellite and I "zap" back to the last channel I was watching I get no signal. I use the "restart enigma" option and everything comes back to normal after that. The same thing happens to me if I watch a media file via my external HDD for a period of time and then go back to a satellite channel. It's almost as if the tuner goes into some sort of standby mode.

My final query or question is that if I leave my box on standy for a while then go to use it I don't get any hdmi signal (using hdmi to hdmi cable) . It works if I pull the hdmi out then put it back in again but I wondered if their was a solution to it. Might even be my Sony LCD tv and nothing to do with my box I suppose

Many thanks in advance ! :)

mirecek1965
26-10-11, 19:33
Hi, i today get new UNO and first thing i done is run FPGA upgrade from original image over internet, nothing more. This has be done only once, not more. Then i install BH image 1.6.6 and now testing it. After two days i install VTI, VIX and so on :-)

basilyoung
26-10-11, 21:04
After the FPGA update I'm still having problems scanning certain satellites. For eg I seems to get about half the channels on 19.2 e and it doesn't even scan on 23.5 e. My understanding is that I only have to install the FPGA update once and not everytime I change an image ?

Whenever I scan a satellite and I "zap" back to the last channel I was watching I get no signal. I use the "restart enigma" option and everything comes back to normal after that. The same thing happens to me if I watch a media file via my external HDD for a period of time and then go back to a satellite channel. It's almost as if the tuner goes into some sort of standby mode.

My final query or question is that if I leave my box on standy for a while then go to use it I don't get any hdmi signal (using hdmi to hdmi cable) . It works if I pull the hdmi out then put it back in again but I wondered if their was a solution to it. Might even be my Sony LCD tv and nothing to do with my box I suppose

First of all, with the VIX image, I would go blue button, select VIX...software update

next, I would download DREAM BOX EDIT, AND THE LATEST CHANNEL LIST ( I preferr catseye listings ) then use DB Edit to transferr the listings to the unit, its far quicker to do this, rather than scan in the sats

re the HDMI lead, not sure what the issue might be, other than a poor connection