PDA

View Full Version : OpenPli 2.1 Linux3.0.3 beta Image World Exclusive 16.10.2011

icewaere
16-10-11, 23:42
Heyho,

here it is

ClarkeTech-Xtrend-Team proudly presents

World Exclusive

OpenPli2.1 beta Image based on Linux3.0.3 for ET9x00

little overview:
- Improved dvb-usb like Vtuner, webcam -
- Improved wifi usb devices -
- Improved file system: UBIFS and EXT4 -
- Improved streaming -
- Improved picture quality and sound -
- Improved overall preformance by about 10% -
- and much more !!! -

And again, ClarkeTech-XTrend-Team has done before all others!

Others only talking, WE DO IT ;)

!!! Attention !!! - Plz du not Update yet - Updateserver is online in 2-3 Days !!! Attention !!!
!!! Achtung !!! Bitte noch keine Onlineupdates ausführen! Die Server werden in 2-3 Tagen angepasst. !!! Achtung !!!

!!! This is only a Beta Version plz report all bugs what you found here or on clarke-xtrend-support forum!!!
!!! Es handelt sich noch um eine Betaversion, daher bitte jegliche Fehler wo ihr findet hier Posten oder im clarke-xtrend-support forum danke !!!

Special Thx to: wallie2000, tam2010, dispatcher, Biki3, z-pg-3, janosch, Pcd, CoolST, clarkemaster, memo and all other devs!

viel spass damit
grüße ice...

silverfox0786
16-10-11, 23:50
please guys a word of warning

this will require a new new bootloder which is not public or even posted with this image

it will not boot without the bootloder and if you do flash the new bootloder please be aware you will be stuck as you cannot downgrade the bootloder or even flash a different older image

PLEASE BE ABSOLUTLEY SURE YIOU WANT TO FLASH THIS IMAGE BEFORE YOU DO AS THERE IS NO GOING BACK

basilyoung
16-10-11, 23:54
yes, any images posted by members, need to be tested, and vouched for, by the poster...or state "untested"

thanks foxy for posting your warning

icewaere
16-10-11, 23:55
???

no you can use normal latest Bootloader!

i attach the right one here.

Only different is, if you have flashed new Bootloader the Imagefolder must be "et9x00" on Usbstick not anymore "et9000".

greetz

silverfox0786
17-10-11, 00:09
thats exactly it iceaware once bootloder is flashed then images with folder name et9x00 will flash to box no images that where previoulsly et9000 will flash anymore that is why i posted my warning

icewaere
17-10-11, 00:16
yea thats right ;)

but where is the problem?
if you want to use the newest developments and drivers,

then Vix-Team must work asap and integrate new folder structure ;)
all other Imagebuilders must do this too ;)

greetz

basilyoung
17-10-11, 00:19
although your input is welcome, can you state this image is fully ok?

once this image is loaded, there is no going back, is there ?

silverfox0786
17-10-11, 00:22
yea thats right ;)

but where is the problem?
if you want to use the newest developments and drivers,

then Vix-Team must work asap and integrate new folder structure ;)
all other Imagebuilders must do this too ;)

greetz

vix 2.3 is and will be based on the new bootloaders and that is why we are fully aware that there is no going back and will be reelasing shortly along with a full explaination to this bootloder and what and what it cant do

in the mean time once flashed then only images with folder et9x00 and in case of et5000 folders et5x00 will be the only images compatible

put it this way considering the main user base on this forum is VIX image if any one was to flash the new bootloader and above image then VIX 2.2:100 will no longer boot if flashed afterwards

icewaere
17-10-11, 00:23
hey,

yea works absolulty amazing!
if you flashed new Bootloader then is better you use only ET9x00 Images.
OpenPli and HDF has done yet new structure.
With old Images like last Vix you can have many troubles yes.
But i think Vix will do a new Image with et9x00 structure soon.

greetz

toxic
17-10-11, 00:56
Will VIX 3.0 be with this new Linux 3.03, or is that just Pli?
Are all images with 9x00 folder structure based on Linux 3.03??

Thx

silverfox0786
17-10-11, 02:30
tbh this thread is the first we heard of Linux 3.03

VIX 2.3 will be based on PLi using the latest builds and bootloders from Xtrend and Vu+ respectively

they will use the new folder structure

Enzo
17-10-11, 10:09
Hi,

Linux 3.0.3 = Kernel 3.0.3

DM plans this kernel for the upcoming 7020HD.
Only the guys from CT / Xtrend needs few weeks for this and the DM needs years. :lol3:

pooface
17-10-11, 10:50
And again, ClarkeTech-XTrend-Team has done before all others!

!!! This is only a Beta Version plz report all bugs what you found here or on clarke-xtrend-support forum!!!
!!! Es handelt sich noch um eine Betaversion, daher bitte jegliche Fehler wo ihr findet hier Posten oder im clarke-xtrend-support forum danke !!!

And being first always means that it's best does it?! How have you had time to test this and that everything works fully?

Even PLi have not released an image built on 3.0.3 yet have they?

andyblac
17-10-11, 10:51
ViX 2.3, coming soon will NOT be based on Linux 3.0.3, as even PLi have NOT put it into there git yet, as it is still in early BETA testing, and was not meant for mainstream user as yet, but only for developers.

and ViX Team never rushes images out just so they can say they are the first. we are NOT interested in glory but a stable image.

Andy.

Enzo
17-10-11, 11:01
And being first always means that it's best does it?! How have you had time to test this and that everything works fully?

Even PLi have not released an image built on 3.0.3 yet have they?

Hi,

I think this image was made ​​by CT / Xtrend on OpenPLi base.
To show what the new kernel can.
Pli is determined to start soon, if they have received the patches and drivers.

Alias1
17-10-11, 21:55
ViX 2.3, coming soon will NOT be based on Linux 3.0.3, as even PLi have NOT put it into there git yet

Andy.
Yes they have :)

premiumtaste
20-10-11, 11:02
yes they have
u r correct V.i.P.

marto74bg
20-10-11, 17:20
Open Pli has stopped the support for the old 2.6.31 kernel. All new images and updates are for the new 3.0.3 kernel.

Larry-G
20-10-11, 17:53
yes and as always by using the pli image you are using untested and often unstable beta images. with VIX we rigorously test every thing we can so the end user gets the most stable and easy to use image possible.

NietGiftig
20-10-11, 19:10
I use Pli the latest version, no problems here. :thumbsup:

I do not recognize the problems you are talking about. :confused:

Stanman
20-10-11, 19:15
Not knocking PLI as used its E1 versions and found it to be good but its nightly builds are hardly tried and tested releases.

Flyingpig
28-10-11, 20:23
I found this thread interesting. I like the way the Vix team take the time and make sure all is rigourisly tested. All I can say is keep up the excellent work!!!!!

Alias1
28-10-11, 22:42
Not knocking PLI as used its E1 versions and found it to be good but its nightly builds are hardly tried and tested releases.
Dont knock it untill you have tried it
I have beem using PLi on mt et9000 for the last 3 months never had a problem

Rob van der Does
29-10-11, 05:19
I use Pli the latest version, no problems here. :thumbsup:
I do not recognize the problems you are talking about. :confused:

I have been usng PLi for quite some time (updating daily), and also seldom had any serious problem. And if there was one, I always had a backup of a good working system readily available.

But that is not the real point: the point is that PLi and ViX are build and provided with a very different philosophy.

First of all PLi offers you the choice between a (very) old so called "stable" image (even the plugins and settings are never being updated), and a beta (that is being build every night and provided without any check at all). This way PLi uses all their "clients" as betatesters; most of them are not even aware of that. PLi even advises to use their beta's, as "they are stable". The advantage is of course that users have daily access to the newest features.

Secondly the PLi-philosophy as PieterG has phrased it is: "PLi-images are made for us (= PLi-team); others should be glad to be allowed to use them".

Thirdly PLi offers very lean images, not even fully supporting the hardware. Users have to add all kinds of plugins to make the image work as they want it to.

On the other hand ViX makes images that are "complete" (i.e. can be used "out of the box"), thoroughly tested by their own team (which is no guarantee that no bugs exist, but it guarantees a good working system) and that support the hardware even in the details.

I do not want to judge about one being better then the other. I only tried to explain that both teams are doing quite different things.
The choice which image suits you best is completely yours.

Stanman
29-10-11, 10:54
Dont knock it untill you have tried it
I have beem using PLi on mt et9000 for the last 3 months never had a problem

I used their 2.1 L3 version here and noway near as good as VIX, as an example, autotimers are once click in VIX and you can do it from the EPG very easily, yet in PLI its much harder.

Rob van der Does
29-10-11, 10:59
I used their 2.1 L3 version here and noway near as good as VIX, as an example, autotimers are once click in VIX and you can do it from the EPG very easily, yet in PLI its much harder.
Agree with that.
And Andy has repaired a lot of plugins, so that they do work in ViX, whereas PLi always points to the plugin maker to complain about it's flaws. This is also part of "PLi being for PLi" and ViX being for users.