PDA

View Full Version : Which Browser do you use?

Rimmel
15-10-11, 19:19
Anyone of theres a fix fo this?

Thanks
CT

pooface
15-10-11, 19:26
Anyone of theres a fix fo this?

Thanks
CT

Does it always come up with that??? As any time I've had that (rarely), it always disappeared with a refresh of the page...

punisher
15-10-11, 20:02
A couple people had that, what browser u usin?

Rimmel
15-10-11, 20:18
Happens all the time - ie8

punisher
15-10-11, 20:30
Have u tried a different browser? Try firefox or chrome just to see how it works on them?

Rob van der Does
16-10-11, 08:44
Have u tried a different browser? Try firefox or chrome just to see how it works on them?
Yeah, this is an IE-issue.

Larry-G
16-10-11, 08:49
WOW i'm just blown away that some one is actually using IE ?.

i think i need to go sit down and get my head round that one.

pooface
16-10-11, 09:28

lmao. tbh, it's an ok browser, and for some functionality it's a requirement (try using owa or share point in firefox or safari ... all right-click functionality is disabled, and probably with chrome as well)

Larry-G
16-10-11, 09:46
lmao. tbh, it's an ok browser, and for some functionality it's a requirement (try using owa or share point in firefox or safari ... all right-click functionality is disabled, and probably with chrome as well)

the only time i ever use IE is when i have just installed a new windows setup and i dont have a USB pen with the firefox installer on it with me. then i'm forced to use IE to download the firefox installer. other than that i'd gladly remove it from my system if given the option.

aftermath
16-10-11, 10:18

PMSL, i was thinking the same, cant remember the last time i saw IE never mind using it..

anyway, did the OP try firefox or another ?

Rimmel
16-10-11, 14:48

IE is still the most used browser in the World by quite a large percentage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers so why you would be blown away is bewildering :D

Tried FF a few times and find it shockingly bad and I wouldn't use it anyway om principle... years of the fanboys spreading garbage about it being safer and faster (complete BS)

Rimmel
16-10-11, 14:50
PMSL, i was thinking the same, cant remember the last time i saw IE never mind using it..

anyway, did the OP try firefox or another ?

See my previous post - you must lead a sheltered life :D

IE is simple and works out of the box, FF is very "script kiddy" full of crap no one uses or really wants. imho

silverfox0786
16-10-11, 14:52
i still use IE ok i admit i hate 9 but 8 for me is brilliant

i got firefox installed but don't use it, its there as backup and have once used safari and did think there is potential in it

but since i been using IE for so long I'm just used to it and prefer it to the rest

Rimmel
16-10-11, 14:57
i still use IE ok i admit i hate 9 but 8 for me is brilliant

i got firefox installed but don't use it, its there as backup and have once used safari and did think there is potential in it

but since i been using IE for so long I'm just used to it and prefer it to the rest

Same here - installed ie9 and didnt like it. IE8 is generally great.

I'll live with the web interface problem rather than install an inferior browser :D

aftermath
16-10-11, 16:13
you must lead a sheltered life :

of course, did you think i lived in a field ?

punisher
16-10-11, 16:48
Google chrome fan here, love how simple it is

Donnie
16-10-11, 17:15
FF user for many years.

@OP you can use both and see if it helps with your problem, no one is forcing you to use one browser.

Stanman
16-10-11, 17:17
How can you slate FF, with the preview plugin its a joy to use and tab browsing makes live so much easier. The only time I use IE is for those rare sites that are not set up for FF/opera which is now rare.

im85288
16-10-11, 19:40
Google chrome fan here, love how simple it is

Chrome for me too, best browser out there :)

pooface
16-10-11, 20:38
I quite often use all browsers.

At home, my preference is Safari, as I use my MBP most of the time. At work, I use Firefox, since it's the easiest, as it's a server I'm on most of the time, and so has the lockdown with IE. So rather than turn off or keep adding restrictions, I just use FF.

But, then when using share point and owe, I have to use IE, as right click down not work on the others. And very rarely use Chrome...

NietGiftig
17-10-11, 06:19
Can someone change the title of this thread to "Witch Browser do you use"

aftermath
17-10-11, 08:07
looks like you got your wish, lol

i use only 1 browser on all 5 of my PC`s " firefox ", and use Safari on my iPhone

Rimmel
17-10-11, 09:41

Trying to bring black magic into it now? :D

Actually I am trying out FF 7 at the moment - I must say better than previous incarnations once you get rid of some of the crud.

NietGiftig
17-10-11, 13:26
Trying to bring black magic into it now? :D

Sorry, English is not my own language :o
Try for yourself to write in another language then your own, you will see that its not always easy
even with Google translate

aftermath
17-10-11, 16:06
Sorry, English is not my own language :o
Try for yourself to write in another language then your own, you will see that its not always easy
even with Google translate

we understand mate, and well said

i am sure Cameltoe is just adding some humour and did not intend to upset anyone.

we English often make bad spelling too// Typos so dont worry ...

Rimmel
17-10-11, 16:50
we understand mate, and well said

i am sure Cameltoe is just adding some humour and did not intend to upset anyone.

we English often make bad spelling too// Typos so dont worry ...

Yep only kidding :thumbsup:

Rimmel
18-10-11, 10:38
Update: After a couple of days on FF I tried IE8 again and basically IE8 is faster, sharper to respond and uses alot less memory, FF is also far too quirky for my tastes - so ditched FF and back to IE8.

Couple of pictures attached.....

compatFF.jpg shows a login to a site that actively recommends FF for site compatibility (hahaha still laughing at this one)

compatIE.jpg shows the same page using IE8

mem.jpg shows the memory usage of both apps started up from fresh on my home page.

I rest my case your honour :thumbsup:

im85288
18-10-11, 17:54
Firefox has always been a bit greedy with memory consumption but believe it or not it has improved quite a lot recently. I would be interested to see a comparison vs google chrome..