PDA

View Full Version : EPG Setup

digicoke
15-10-11, 10:25
Hi all
I have done a clean installation again on my duo with the VIX IMage can someone advise as to how I setup EPG as sometimes it comes and sometimes does not display?

Thanks

Stanman
15-10-11, 10:46
What satellitles do you have?

If just 28.2, than you need to into the EPG menu select where you want the EPG to be stored,ideally USB.

Than go into Crossepg and select provider as opentTV 28.2 and than into configure to select auto download and time etc. Once done do a download now and it should be all there.

digicoke
15-10-11, 11:10
hi

it is just 28.2 - does that mean i need to have a usb attached to the box all the time

Larry-G
15-10-11, 11:12
hi

it is just 28.2 - does that mean i need to have a usb attached to the box all the time

if you are going to base the epg data on a usb stick then yes you would need it to be connected at all times, but you can just use one of the rear ports so it's hidden. you can also use a usb stick for picons which is the most recommended option if you use picons.

Stanman
15-10-11, 11:12
You can put it in flash which is the box memory but I wouldn't and can also use the HDD but you will wake it up and constant use if you check EPG regularly, thats why USB is the preferred option, and you will need it in the box all the time.

Have a look in the bargain section Pheonix has posted 3X4GB for £10 or you could just buy the one.

digicoke
15-10-11, 11:51
ok thanks so to avoid waking up the hard drive all the time - if i out the picons on a USB do i just put a folder in the USB called picon and then stick them all in there? How would I then go about ensuring the box knows to look at that USB for the picon?

I take it i dont or it is not worth putting anything else on a USB...just the picon?....I am unsure as to how I put the EPG on the USB like you advised?

Larry-G
15-10-11, 12:18
the VIX image will look for the picon folder so it will work fine from a usb. i have my picons setup this way as well as epg data and i also use the same usb stick for backing up the image and settings.

digicoke
15-10-11, 18:05
thanks what do i need to do to make my vu duo use the usb for EPG Data?

punisher
15-10-11, 18:22
U need to point the epg to ur usb if its mounted peoperly media/usb. Go to menu/setup/system/epg/settings and you can change location from there