PDA

View Full Version : BH 1.6.6 wont boot

canthackit
14-10-11, 14:37
Hello

i've tried 2 different pens in a windoze lappie and a mac i've formatted the pens in both boxes, i've installed and reinstalled the image it shows starting and then VU+ Duo, then just sits there.

i've checked connections, checked the files, cant think of anything else, so come on then where am i going wrong :confused:

regards: canthackit

Larry-G
14-10-11, 14:44
well lets see you flashed the BH image to the box LOL.

on a more serious note, what format have you formatted the sticks to in windows ?.

canthackit
14-10-11, 14:49
Hello phoenix:D

i've just been onto another site, it states on there i/we have to install the bootloader first..... duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip then copy over the install files:alien:

three bloody hours i've spent trying to setup this image:D

canthackit
14-10-11, 14:55
like this:

bootloader update image install
very easy

you need to make update/install twice
bootloader first and after bootloader update image update/image install.
USB procedure is the same .

Format USB stick

1. Unzip the duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip to USB stick.(There should be /vuplus/duo/cfe_cfe_auto.bin)
2. Insert USB stick into the USB port of duo and power on the box.
3. It takes just a few secs to update.
4. If Duo displays the message "Finished..reboot", remove the USB stick and restart box.
5. Format USB stick again.
6. Unzip BH image and copy to USB stick (standard procedure)
7. Insert USB stick into the USB port of duo and power on the box.
(standard procedure).
8.If Duo displays the message "Finished..reboot", remove the USB stick and restart box.

sonc
14-10-11, 17:38
Hi,

That's correct, although there's no need to reformat the USB stick (step 5). Just delete the vuplus folder with the bootloader from the USB stick before copying over the new image (step 6).

superman_okuk
20-10-11, 00:29
Hi I think I have screwed my box up , I downloaded 1.6.6 and looked in the folder vuplus ,duo and then the 3 files, boot_cfe_auto.jffs2,kernel_cfe_auto.bin and root_cfe_auto.jffs2 i could not see one that said cfe_cfe_auto.bin but one that said kernel_cfe_auto.bin so I renamed it cfe_cfe_auto.bin and put this in the folder vuplus/duo on its own that is how i am reading your instuctions so I load it in with the USB stick and said remove stick when finished , now i turned the box of and on again and only a red light is showing on the front of the box. I have been trying :confused:a older file on but it wont do it anymore. Can you tell me where I went wrong and can I bring the box back to life again.:confused:

Larry-G
20-10-11, 00:32
you should not have renamed any files in the folder as the newer images only come with 3 files now.

basilyoung
20-10-11, 00:32
have you tried to re install a new image such as VIX, via usb??

superman_okuk
20-10-11, 00:42
I will try the vix now , but i tryed a old BH image and it just dont find the stick. So where do you get the cfe_3_0_usb.zip from I could not find it? wes it suppost to have come with the 1.6.6 file?

sonc
20-10-11, 00:44
Hi I think I have screwed my box up , I downloaded 1.6.6 and looked in the folder vuplus ,duo and then the 3 files, boot_cfe_auto.jffs2,kernel_cfe_auto.bin and root_cfe_auto.jffs2 i could not see one that said cfe_cfe_auto.bin but one that said kernel_cfe_auto.bin so I renamed it cfe_cfe_auto.bin and put this in the folder vuplus/duo on its own that is how i am reading your instuctions so I load it in with the USB stick and said remove stick when finished , now i turned the box of and on again and only a red light is showing on the front of the box. I have been trying :confused:a older file on but it wont do it anymore. Can you tell me where I went wrong and can I bring the box back to life again.:confused:

Looks like you went wrong by starting with step 6, instead of step 1. You need to download and install the bootloader first, then the BH1.6.6 image.

Bootloader is here:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11933-duo-cfe-Rev-3.0

superman_okuk
20-10-11, 00:50
i have just Tried a VIX Image and that is no good when I turn the box off and on again I get just a red light only. Can this box be loaded with a rs232 cable instead? if so what loader or files do I need.

superman_okuk
20-10-11, 00:54
thanks sonic I have now downloaded the file from your link . My problem now is how do I revive my box?

canthackit
20-10-11, 06:41
you need a BH image on you box to start with so........

sorry i know it's a sod about but load a BH image on the VU+ you dont have to set it up, just as long as it's on there.

then format the pen and put on the bootloader duo_cfe_3.0 and load it to the box you might not get the suggested display on the front of it it dont matter it literaly takes a couple of seconds.

shutdown remove stick format it and put the BH image on.

and that's it when done remove stick and reboot.

superman_okuk
20-10-11, 19:38
Is there another way of loading any software at all in to the box without using a memory stick. Using a null modem cable perhaps?

superman_okuk
20-10-11, 19:40
Thanks canthackit I will do it that way if and when I get it up and running again.

canthackit
21-10-11, 07:31
ok it's quite simple mate.

just remember your first step is put BH 1.6.6 on a formatted stick and install it. ;)

superman_okuk
21-10-11, 12:36
Yes I formatted the stick and tried boot file and other files as well but still no good . My box is still showing just a red light on the display and that is it. Is there a loader I can use with a Nullmodem cable instead to put any VU+ file to see if I can revive my box.

superman_okuk
21-10-11, 12:42
you need a BH image on you box to start with so........

sorry i know it's a sod about but load a BH image on the VU+ you dont have to set it up, just as long as it's on there.

then format the pen and put on the bootloader duo_cfe_3.0 and load it to the box you might not get the suggested display on the front of it it dont matter it literaly takes a couple of seconds.

shutdown remove stick format it and put the BH image on.

and that's it when done remove stick and reboot.

I tried this to the letter but still no good ,what else can I try now.

superman_okuk
21-10-11, 12:57
Yes I formatted the stick and tried boot file and other files as well but still no good . My box is still showing just a red light on the display and that is it. Is there a loader I can use with a Nullmodem cable instead to put any VU+ file to see if I can revive my box.

canthackit
21-10-11, 17:06
ok first things first then have you managed to install a Black Hole image on your VU+?

the bootloader wont go on there if you havn't

sonc
21-10-11, 17:45
You wont be able to install BH1.6.6 without the updated bootloader installed first.

So if what canthackit says is true, you will need to put an older version of BH first, then the new bootloader, then BH1.6.6

canthackit
22-10-11, 02:49
You wont be able to install BH1.6.6 without the updated bootloader installed first.

So if what canthackit says is true, you will need to put an older version of BH first, then the new bootloader, then BH1.6.6

thanks for the confirmation mate, just a slight difference of opinon on the initial image, i put 1.6.6 and the bootloader went on fine after that.

sonc
23-10-11, 20:49
If it worked for you that's good, must admit I've not tried it that way round. I was going by the info on the BH website:

BlackHole Vu+ Duo 1.6.6

Warning: YOU MUST UPDATE DUO BOOT LOADER (duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip) BEFORE TO FLASH THIS IMAGE: How To Update Bootloader

Larry-G
23-10-11, 21:14
To be honest the bootloader update adds no functionality other than the ability to use larger images.

superman_okuk
30-10-11, 16:03
Update I sent my box back to the dealer and got it fixed now. I am going to try again but this time I will follow the instructions properley this time.:)

superman_okuk
30-10-11, 19:32
Thanks to everyone that as helped me I now have by box running BH 16.6 working great with this S/W.:)

canthackit
31-10-11, 08:13
glad you got it sorted mate :thumbsup: