PDA

View Full Version : Proper factory reset

satsatsat
14-10-11, 14:22
When i factory reset the machine is not clear completely as i would hope.
Is there a way or device that cleans it out properly so it is configured as new

Larry-G
14-10-11, 14:42
when you factory reset it only resets back to the last image you flashed as it was when you flashed it.

so for example if you flash VIX it will take it back to the state of the box as it was at the first boot after it was flashed. to fully take the box back to factory condition you would need to flash it with the official Vu image.

Rob van der Does
15-10-11, 07:37
Factory reset only resets all the settings you changed manually to as they are by default. All other changes you made (installed plugins, changed files) will remain in place.

satsatsat
15-10-11, 08:07
The reason i ask is becos my box wont now recognise vuutil and i think a complete reset would help - non of usb ports r working either- but the rest of image works fine

Larry-G
15-10-11, 08:10
as said a factory reset will only take the image back to the point at which it was installed removing all user made changes, such softcams, skins and other plugins etc.

Rob van der Does
15-10-11, 09:31
The reason i ask is becos my box wont now recognise vuutil ....
If that is true, your box has serious problems: this is arranged by the bootloader (so at a very low level). It is more likely that you do something wrong.

non of usb ports r working either- but the rest of image works fine
Hehe, if this is not working you still say that the rest is fine :D

Try a FAT32 formatted stick (use the attached program to format the stick) with a new image, inserted in any port, take care that all other ports are free. What happens if you restart the box (watch the VFD)?