PDA

View Full Version : Xtrend images vs. AAF images

premiumtaste
14-10-11, 10:57
Hello Xtrend users! I have a question about the differences between the Xtrend images and the image that AAF makes.
The image that AAF makes is called project tiTan which was developed by NIT. The project tiTan is a new alternative platform for SH4 based receivers that connects many advantages of Enigma2 (such as Multituner, skin support) and the speed of Neutrino. Xtrend's images as you guys already know are openPLI or Clarketech official image, and etc.
In my opinion, Xtrend images supports many more features and diverse functions.
In your opinions, what are the main differences and similarities between these two images in terms of skin support, plugins, applications, addons, and etc.?
and which one do you like better?

aftermath
14-10-11, 11:42
I use the AAF multimedia images on my IPbox9000, possibly the best E2 image for sh4 boxes by a mile, and they have the biggest selection of plugins/addons. ( i was one of the first 2 persons in the UK to get this box so had plenty of practice with images )

I will be able to tell you the correct answer Monday/ Tuesday when i get my ET9000, but if its similsr i will be happy

premiumtaste
14-10-11, 13:24
I use the AAF multimedia images on my IPbox9000, possibly the best E2 image for sh4 boxes by a mile, and they have the biggest selection of plugins/addons. ( i was one of the first 2 persons in the UK to get this box so had plenty of practice with images )

I will be able to tell you the correct answer Monday/ Tuesday when i get my ET9000, but if its similsr i will be happy

I see. You will probably be surprised to find the the endless options/ plugins/ addons/ skins/ etc. in the Xtrend images. However thank you for your information! Then I will be waiting for your reply as soon as you test out the ET9000!

toxic
15-10-11, 22:49
Did i missed something, , AAF makes images for ET 9000???

basilyoung
15-10-11, 23:46
to be honest, I don,t know if you have missed any thing....but from the post above,..it appears that there may be a new image team, time will tell

Stanman
16-10-11, 00:06
They been making for some time, I recollect seeing something on the net.

aftermath
16-10-11, 10:32
i read elsewhere that AAF have no intention to write images for MIPSEL boxes, as they are committed to sh4 boxes.

would be nice if they would write for mipsel boxes though.