PDA

View Full Version : Finally got motorised setup...

punisher
13-10-11, 18:58
Finalllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy got motorised fully up and working lol cant believe how well ive done considering i was cluelesssssssss when i started haha but i love a challenge and boy was this a challenge up on ladders high above roof doing a mount lol but i got there in the end and im pretty impressed and how gooda a signal im gettin too, on arabsat 26e im pickin up quite a few random channels which will do the mrs perfect lol im on an 85cm dish and im pickin up MTV Lebanon and a load of others which i never thought id be able too. was kinda gutted i shoulda done for a bigger dish after id put it up as i didnt realise it would look so small up there lol but considering the amount of strong winds we been gettin around here ive only had to realign using the positioner setup once.
i need to give massive thanks to Basilyoung and Silverfox for guiding me through and making me understand "true south" lol and getting me through this :D and thanks for everyone else that helped me out too with info

anyone else with an 85cm dish wana see if they can get MTV Lebanon on 26e and what signal? my ET is showing 48% on that channel
also get all the MBC channels
all the JMC Channels too
Yemen TV Network too

ill get some pics up soon of my efforts.

pooface
13-10-11, 19:05
Congrats...

Just a quickie. I get 42% on mtv lebanon ;) So looks like you get a little bit better. On MBC1, I get 46%...

Stanman
13-10-11, 19:07
Good show, so what you doing this Saturday, never a good idea to let all that new knowledge rust away;):D

silverfox0786
13-10-11, 19:12
lmao loooks like yr booked punisher

well done matey

now can i get my compass back

lol :roflmao:

punisher
13-10-11, 19:13
I was at it for 2 weeks nearly on and off as i only really had 1 full day and then the odd few days so patience got me through in the end with phone calls to basilyoung and then silverfox0786 while i was on top of the roof tryina mount and mount this thing properly. It was hilarious but i got there im so prouda myself :D

Pooface ill check the rest of the sats tonight let me see wat u get too. I think so far theres only been a couple of Transponders im not hitting so its not too bad