PDA

View Full Version : Help Fitting a HDD in DUO

fintannl
12-10-11, 22:04
silverfox, could you then clear something up for me. i got a really crap esata drive (not the drive but in fact the interface card) so i took the think apart and took the drive out of the unit. So it looks same size as a traditional IDE drive (as in it aint small). Yet when I open the Vu+ Duo its very obvious that the internal drive expected is of a less 'sizeable' nature. so i had no option but to undo the clamps for the 2.5'' drive (assume i am correct in this size?) and simply lay the bigger drive as best i could. any suggestions to be able to tighten up my situation would help.

silverfox0786
12-10-11, 22:10
ok i am tbh honest very lost with that one

the Vu+ DUO has a standard 3.5inch drive bay inside with bottom clamping screwholes so you scree the hdd in at the bottom not the sides

infact the DUO doesnt even have side pannels on the drive bay

now iin all my years of numerous HDD's the 2 sizes 3.5 and 2.5 are always the same

the only thing notacable is with 2.5 HDDs anything larger than 500GB will be 11mm instead of the standard 9mm

but for a Vu+ DUO it should be happy to accomodate a 3.5 standard size HDD and with above adaptors accomodate a 2.5 which is smaller

so for you to say that your 3.5 HDD is too big is a mystery

How are you installing it can i see a picture of it installed or atleast inside the DUO on the bay

fintannl
12-10-11, 22:52
11744have a look at this clamp. even marge simpson would have an issue fitting a drive under this fitting

silverfox0786
12-10-11, 22:55
thats second image you sit the HDD on top of it and the 4 holes bellow the screws go into but you do need the 4 rubber gromits aswell

do you have those

silverfox0786
12-10-11, 22:57
here mate have a look at this tutorial

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2894-Disc-installation-initialisation-illustrated-tutorial-v2

fintannl
12-10-11, 23:24
silver, i joke you not. while i would love to put this darn drive into the space suggested it simply is impossible. for example the top metal plate does not even sit /fit on top of the drive, never mind the idea that screws would fit in place.

silverfox0786
12-10-11, 23:26
what model is the hdd

just sit the hdd on the metal plate and take a pic

im real curious now to see it and may be better able to help you

Alec
13-10-11, 22:27
Here is a simple guide, you need to uncompress and office word to see it

fintannl
26-10-11, 20:07
my eyes are opened. I was trying to put the plate over the drive rather than resting the drive on the plate. many thanks for this