PDA

View Full Version : help me please i am new

wazza_2
11-10-11, 21:15
hi does anyone no were to put the cccam cfg file on this VTi "Vu+ Team Image" - V 3.2 on the vu+solo ??? thanks

punisher
11-10-11, 21:16
Not sure about vti but i woulda thought it would go in the /etc folder

wazza_2
11-10-11, 21:29
thats were i have put it and i have installed cccam 2.2.1 but nothing is working still says not detected softcam

jcm193
11-10-11, 21:32
Sounds to me you have not installed cccam properly,if you have how did you install it? if you have installed manually your need to give it the correct permission 755

wazza_2
11-10-11, 21:58
dont no what 775 is ? i have tried it both ways manualy and downloading from the menu by pressing blue twise,it has them all there to download, its ticked to say that its working but at the bottom of the screen it say not detected softcam ? gone back to ViX-2.2.100-vusolo, its the only one i have ever had luck with . i had the same problem when installing black hole no joy , starting to think these boxes are hit and miss

Larry-G
11-10-11, 22:36
there is nothing hit and miss about these boxes it's just they are not plug and play ie they need some user input to get them configured properly.

basilyoung
11-10-11, 23:00
to change the permissions on a linux unit, you need to use a programe like "filezilla" also another free programe to edit the file with is "notepad++"

to change the permissions, you need to right click on the file ( within your unit ) select properties, and click on ( for simplicity ) all the box,s, if you experiment, you will find the 755 setting, filezilla will need notepad++ I think

as said, there is no hit and miss, just a sharp learning curve

wazza_2
12-10-11, 12:08
thanks for that but its not working for me, i have changed cccam to 755 but still no joy

mudder
12-10-11, 20:36
Here is the info.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9735-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX

wazza_2
13-10-11, 13:32
what a waist of time that was , spent 4 days trying to get VTi "Vu+ Team Image" - V 3.2 on the vu+solo to work then finaly did it , yey i got my cccam on, so i thought ..... when i went to install other programs like sat finder,positioner setup and a cuple of other programs i downloaded they all green screened on me

Larry-G
13-10-11, 13:43
well what can i say other than try VIX.

wazza_2
13-10-11, 14:22
thats what i have gone back to, thanks for ya help just thought i was missing out on some new programs but i have found that if you find something that works for you stick with it :}

Stanman
13-10-11, 19:18
I can share your frustration mate, I set up a DM800 for a mate over the weekend and it took the best part of half a day as not a decent image out there that was anyway near as good as VIX, and am not just saying that as I am a a part of the team, most lacked one or another thing nothing as complete as VIX. In the end I installed DreamboxUK which is pretty decent.