PDA

View Full Version : Twin tuner

TG456XDR
11-10-11, 20:54
Please forgive me for what may be a very obvious question from a newbie! :)

I'm very interested in getting an ET9000 and getting involved with the world of linux boxes. But one question about the tuners. I have two dishes, a motorised one and a fixed dish at 28.2E. Is it possible to attach both LNBs from the seperate satellites and have them working independently of each other on the same box, or does twin tuner mean it will only cope with two feeds from the same twin LNB? I've asked several people about this and keep getting different answers!

Thank you for your help! :)

Stanman
11-10-11, 20:58
You can connect feeds from two LNB and watch and record independent of each.

What you cannot do and only restating what I have read is control the dish via two boxes.

silverfox0786
11-10-11, 22:01
i think that might just be possible what u want but it will be a complicated setup
try it and see

set tuner a to motor1 and tuner b to motor2

never tested but in theory should work

Larry-G
11-10-11, 22:32
as you said you have a motorized dish and a fixed dish for 28.2 east. then yes you can connect both to the receiver and have them working fine. many many people have this configuration with their dual tuner receivers.

blandie
11-10-11, 23:15
Yup hope this works as it the setup I am planning to use, rather than just the motor I have now.
There is options for this setup and I can't think of any reasons it would cause issues.

basilyoung
11-10-11, 23:24
the 9000/vu+ are both caperble of controlling 2 motorized dishes including a V Box ( 36v motor ) and multy switchable dishes
so what ever set up you want, its possible

halflife
12-10-11, 08:19
I have one fix dish with 4 lnb's, 3 twin, 1 single and 2nd motorised dish gibertini 125cm smart titanium lnb. 3 twin lnb are connected on diseqc A and diseqc B, single lnb from fix dish goes on diseqc A port 3, and lnb from motorised dish goes on diseqc B port 4. in tuner configuration tuner A configured as diseqc A B C D, and tuner B is configured as "advanced". first 3 twin lnb goes to diseqc 1.1, AA, AB, BA, and fourth lnb from motorised dish is diseqc 1.2 BB. then I add every other satellite as lnb5, lnb6,... store them position, and everything works fine. here is simple schematic diagram:

TG456XDR
12-10-11, 20:34
Thanks everyone for your replies - I had originally thought it would be possible, but my local satellite dealer insisted to me I could never have two satellites working off one receiver - wrongly it seems - and never having had a twin receiver before made me hesitate getting one, as it is obviously an expensive mistake if it doesn't work.

Actually, I have got a twin LNB on my motorised dish, so looking at Halflife's setup, maybe I will be able to use tuner A for the LNB feed which operates the motor, and then tuner B with the fixed dish and the second twin LNB feed on a Disceq switch! Whether that works, I don't know, but at least I can be confident I will at least get both dishes working on the same receiver now. :)

machare
12-10-11, 20:47
I have Tuner A connected to a Diseqc switch with 4 LNBs and Tuner B connected to a Diseqc Motor.

Tuner A has priority so normally I can switch quickly to a desire channel. I might investigate Halflife's setup as I have spare ports on the fixed dish's LNBs.

Larry-G
12-10-11, 20:58
Thanks everyone for your replies - I had originally thought it would be possible, but my local satellite dealer insisted to me I could never have two satellites working off one receiver - wrongly it seems - and never having had a twin receiver before made me hesitate getting one, as it is obviously an expensive mistake if it doesn't work.

Actually, I have got a twin LNB on my motorised dish, so looking at Halflife's setup, maybe I will be able to use tuner A for the LNB feed which operates the motor, and then tuner B with the fixed dish and the second twin LNB feed on a Disceq switch! Whether that works, I don't know, but at least I can be confident I will at least get both dishes working on the same receiver now. :)

you will tend to find that alot of these so called professional satellite dealers, not all mind, but a good proportion know sweet F all about what so ever about their chosen trade other than how to easily fleece money out of unsuspecting customers.

when you get a good one such as our site sponsor you know your in good hands and you will always get top notch advice.

basilyoung
12-10-11, 20:58
tuner B is configured as "advanced". first 3 twin lnb goes to diseqc 1.1, AA, AB, BA, and fourth lnb from motorised dish is diseqc 1.2 BB. then I add every other satellite as lnb5, lnb6,... store them position, and everything works fine. here is simple schematic diagram:

lnb 5/6 etc, would these lnb,s for example 16 east/5 east be set to USALs, or saved position??

halflife
13-10-11, 09:07
I always make manual store position, cause (don't know why) my strong 2100 motor didn't do it properly. of course, you can use "usuals" function. give them your latitude and longitude and go