PDA

View Full Version : Android Ice Cream Sandwich screenshots leak

Larry-G
08-10-11, 16:07
http://1.2.3.10/bmi/www.cnet.co.uk/i/c/blg/cat/icsscreens.jpg

Google and Samsung may have postponed Tuesday's dual announcement of the Ice Cream Sandwich version of Android and the Galaxy Nexus, but it seems the two couldn't stop screenshots of Ice Cream Sandwich leaking out.

Look at it. It's a beauty. The functionality looks pretty familiar, but it's the graphics we can't get over. It's like they've put Tron in your phone.

TechCrunch obtained the shots. The "About phone" screen confirms it as Android 4.0, aka Ice Cream Sandwich, which a while ago Eric Schmidt revealed would be out in October or November. And the whole graphic UI has been given a futuristic makeover, with moodier shades in the background and bolder icons.

We can't wait to see it running on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus' 4.65-inch Super AMOLED screen.

Android Ice Cream Sandwich is said to combine the best of Honeycomb and Gingerbread, though exactly how it's going to manage that is a bit of a mystery. These screens, while looking very nice, don't offer much insight.

So it looks like we'll have to wait until the official unveil for all the details.

Samsung and Google postponed their Mobile Unpacked 2011 Google Episode conference, which was due to happen on Tuesday. They issued a joint statement that read: "It is just not the right time to announce a new product." A new date and venue will be announced soon.

The Galaxy Nexus is set to be a stormer, with a huge screen, 720p resolution screen, and 8-megapixel camera that can record in 1080p HD. We've no doubt it'll be worth the wait.

What do you think of Ice Cream Sandwich's looks? Let us know

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/android-ice-cream-sandwich-screenshots-leak-50005552/

silverfox0786
08-10-11, 23:25

heres some screens

Stanman
09-10-11, 11:20
Wheres the flakes??:D

Larry-G
09-10-11, 11:25

heres some screens

lol there the same ones i have in my first post or are you not seeing images i'm linking to again ?

Stanman
09-10-11, 11:28
No images in the first post, though could have sworn there were they yesterday when you first posted:confused:

Larry-G
09-10-11, 11:30
yeah there still there see the screenshot in my above post. no idea why your not seeing them as i see them clearly with FF 7.0.1

Stanman
09-10-11, 11:33
Saw them yesterday but not today, Sic probably being having a play again:eek:

punisher
09-10-11, 14:54
na cnt see no screens in ur first post pheonix either

Larry-G
09-10-11, 15:00
lol well there there from this link just using IMG tags

http://1.2.3.10/bmi/www.cnet.co.uk/i/c/blg/cat/icsscreens.jpg

Sicilian
09-10-11, 15:28
wasn't me. Just read this today.

Larry-G
09-10-11, 15:54
lol for some unknown reason silverfox , stanman and punisher have all had this problem in the past with images i have coded into threads. the reason is unknown but maybe they have a popup killer installed and it's just nuking the image host, in the same way as i use adblock plus in firefox to nuke adds and images on most other forums.

any hoo i know they are there so at least i know i'm not going mad.

Stanman
09-10-11, 15:55
I tried it in all three, FF 7.01, Opera and IE9 no show for all of them, but as I said, I did see them when you first posted:confused::confused:

punisher
09-10-11, 16:14
I have pgot adblock plus on ma lappy at home with google chrome but im on safari on the ipad and its showing the same ans ur right pheonix its happened before too with a few of ur posts but no idea why

silverfox0786
10-10-11, 23:41
i still cant see pheonix posted images thats why i posted the image on second post

Larry-G
10-10-11, 23:42
lol no worries. i know thats why you did it.