PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox dm500hd

goliung
08-10-11, 06:36
Hello to everyone here. I am new to this forum section but I found it is
helpful, very helpful to me after reading all the previous discussion.
Yes, recently I bought one unit DreamboxDM500HD but I noticed that
all the default satellite is only for the Europe coverage.
I am in Eastern Asia.
How can I install the satellite name and scan it?
Any other method of transfering the satellite into it ?
Please help. T.Q.

Larry-G
08-10-11, 07:17
ok first you need to head over to this site
http://satellites-xml.eu/
and download a satellites.xml file you can select all the satellites you want to receive and copy the file back to your receiver.

now if your using a open pli image ( The same would apply to those using VIX images on receivers such as the Vu range ), i would recommend you copy the file to the following location
etc/enigma2 Then reboot the receiver and do a scan on your chosen satellites. however if you are using a image that is not open pli you will need to copy the file to the following location
etc/tuxbox again perform a reboot on the receiver once the file in in place and perform a scan on the locations you want to receive.

goliung
08-10-11, 11:23
Thank pheonix for your prompt reply.
Now I ave save allthe asian satellite in my computer in .xml format.
Now what type of Loader do I use to transfer the satellite data to my
dreambx set from my PC ?

ok first you need to head over to this site
http://satellites-xml.eu/
and download a satellites.xml file you can select all the satellites you want to receive and copy the file back to your receiver.

now if your using a open pli image ( The same would apply to those using VIX images on receivers such as the Vu range ), i would recommend you copy the file to the following location Then reboot the receiver and do a scan on your chosen satellites. however if you are using a image that is not open pli you will need to copy the file to the following location again perform a reboot on the receiver once the file in in place and perform a scan on the locations you want to receive.

basilyoung
08-10-11, 11:45
You need 2 different progs, a file transferr programe like "filezilla" this will be needed to transfer the sat xml file, to your "etc" folder

and a programe called "dreambox edit" to transferr your settings ( channel settings ) google filezilla ( its a free download ) dreambox editer is downloadable in the downloads section on the forum

Larry-G
08-10-11, 11:50
yes as basilyoung has said you will need a FTP program so that you can copy the satellites.xml file to your receiver ( you may also use windows explorer if setup correctly but i recommend a FTP program ) also if there are any preset bouquet ( channel lists ) available for your region you could use dreambox edit to copy those directly to the receiver, you can also use it to make a backup of your settings once you have scanned the needed satellites for channels etc.

goliung
08-10-11, 11:55
Thanks basilyoung,

I wil try to donload the 'reambo edit' first then try the way you guide me.
I will come back to you again if I'm in the dark.
Thanks.

You need 2 different progs, a file transferr programe like "filezilla" this will be needed to transfer the sat xml file, to your "etc" folder

and a programe called "dreambox edit" to transferr your settings ( channel settings ) google filezilla ( its a free download ) dreambox editer is downloadable in the downloads section on the forum

Stanman
08-10-11, 12:16
Follow the tutorials in this thread mate.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10938-How-to-upload-VIX-Silverfox0786-bougets-to-E2

goliung
08-10-11, 12:21
Thanks pheonix, i will try to download the dreamedit first as told by stanman the web site given by him to me.

Stanman
08-10-11, 12:24
I posted a link to a tutorial buddy, the editor can be downloaded from this link

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10123-DreamBoxEdit-v4.1.0.1

goliung
09-10-11, 05:29
I have downloaded the 'Filezilla' and execute it , now showing it is now Logged On.
Is this all it can do ? I see nothing happening with this software.

I have also downloaded the 'dreamboxedit' IHAD Edition software.
I try to execute it . Whats the next thing to do with these two software ?
Any help to me. Frankly I am in the dark about these matter.

I have connected USB cable from my PC to the receiver 'service' port.
Now waiting what to do.

I posted a link to a tutorial buddy, the editor can be downloaded from this link

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10123-DreamBoxEdit-v4.1.0.1

Larry-G
09-10-11, 05:41
to use these programs you need to have the receiver and the computer connected to your local network. the receiver must be connected with a LAN network cable once, they are connected to your local network you will need to create a profile with the login details of your receiver for each program in order to login to the receiver.

is the receiver connected to your network or are you just trying with a usb cable between the receiver and the computer ?

goliung
09-10-11, 10:37
Thanks pheonix, I now connected my receiver to my local network.
In the Dreambox edit software, I execute 'option' and test IP connection
and prompted sucessful on IP address 12.168.0.5 at port80.
BUT when I test Username/password, it could not connect to the dreambox address 192.168.0.5
at port 21.
So here , what is my problem?

to use these programs you need to have the receiver and the computer connected to your local network. the receiver must be connected with a LAN network cable once, they are connected to your local network you will need to create a profile with the login details of your receiver for each program in order to login to the receiver.

is the receiver connected to your network or are you just trying with a usb cable between the receiver and the computer ?

Larry-G
09-10-11, 10:41
have you changed the password from it's default ? the default username and password for these boxes should be

root ( username )
password ( or leave it blank ).

Stanman
09-10-11, 11:06
I have downloaded the 'Filezilla' and execute it , now showing it is now Logged On.
Is this all it can do ? I see nothing happening with this software.

I have also downloaded the 'dreamboxedit' IHAD Edition software.
I try to execute it . Whats the next thing to do with these two software ?
Any help to me. Frankly I am in the dark about these matter.

I have connected USB cable from my PC to the receiver 'service' port.
Now waiting what to do.

Please watch the tutorial post 7.

Do that than post back with where your at, can than walk through the rest but lets do one step at a time.

goliung
10-10-11, 12:32
Thanks stanman and pheonix.
O.K. I will try it again and study the tutorial too.
I will come back to you if I got stuck again.
Thanks again to you both.

Please watch the tutorial post 7.

Do that than post back with where your at, can than walk through the rest but lets do one step at a time.

Stanman
10-10-11, 17:38
No problem mate, here to help.

goliung
12-10-11, 13:50
I still can't get through setting my set.
Dreambox edit software:- In the options column, based in you tutorial the selected profile is ET 9000.
Is this file empty or is it the satellite data downloaded earlier inside? Where to obtain this profile?
Secondly, when I press 'test username/Password' could not connect to the dreambox based on the IP address, that is 192.168.0.5.
User=root and p/w is = blank

No problem mate, here to help.

Larry-G
12-10-11, 13:51
try dreambox as the password see if that helps.

goliung
15-10-11, 05:22
I still cannot transfer my .xml file to my dreambox dm500hd.
I got always prompt command saying ' check Ip address and port'

Stanman
15-10-11, 11:08
Did you buy the box with the image already on it? if so ask the person you bought it from for the password or you could flash a new image.

goliung
16-10-11, 02:16
Thanks Stanman,

I have asked the person who sold me the set but he also have no idea about it.
Nevermind you siad I can flash it myself. So i used UNIVERSAL DREAMUP V.1.3.3.8.
Both my PC and set are now connected to LAN. But when I click CONNECT , nothing
is happening.
Sorry Stanman , always bothering you guys.

Did you buy the box with the image already on it? if so ask the person you bought it from for the password or you could flash a new image.

pooface
16-10-11, 05:10
U need to know thhe ip address for ur box& change this in the settings...

Sent with Tapatalk

Larry-G
16-10-11, 10:45
have a look at this thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12123-How-to-flash-a-DM500HD-via-the-browser

goliung
18-10-11, 05:55
Thanks informing me on how to reset the IP of my dreambox. I will try it on again.
Who knows this is one of my main problem in transfering the .nfi file and the .xml file to my set.
I will come back again and inform you people the outcome of my practical job.
thanks.

have a look at this thread.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12123-How-to-flash-a-DM500HD-via-the-browser

goliung
21-10-11, 04:11
I have succesfully transfered all the asian satellite into my DM500HD but now
my problem is that when I try to scan either by automatic or manual scan
no channel was captured. Why ?
I used a positioner with number 1 is for KU LNB and number 3 is for C LNB, based in my disecque.
Where do I configure in my Dreambox ? Thanks.

goliung
07-11-11, 11:09
How to flash dreambox DM500HD manually ? :confused:

Stanman
07-11-11, 14:20

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm500-hd-flashing-firmware-browser

Larry-G
07-11-11, 14:27

you quoted the thread i posted that gives exact instructions with pictures showing how to flash this receiver. look at post 23.

goliung
08-11-11, 11:40
I got big problem now with my dreambox Dm500 HD.
After flashing and completed, I click my set to reboot it BUT the set didn't REBOOT even when I waited for 15 minutes.
It hang and never reboot, so I OFF the set.
When I put it ON again, totally it won't reboot. Only a Blank screen.
What to do next for this problem ?