PDA

View Full Version : ET5000 does't recognize images on USB stick

habnefrage
07-10-11, 21:40
Hi together,
today I got my ET5000.

While waiting for it, i was reading through some internet forums and had everything prepared beforehand.
Meaning:
- new bootloader from 30.09. and latest Open PLI beta image.

When it arrived, I installed the bootloader, which worked fine.
When it is booting now, there the brand ne kernel version 2.6.31 mentioned on the screen.

BUT when I wanted to install the latest Pli image now, nothing happens.
I put the USB stick into any of the USb connectors (I tried all), powering up the device (all the same I did for the bootloader), the stick starts blinking, but the yelloe LED on the ET5000 does not show up. There is the red and the green one active, after some seconds, the green one keeps being activated..

Do you have any explenaition, any ideas what could be the reason?

In one forum I saw that the folder on the stick should be call et5x00 ??? What is that about? Of course I tried, but did not work either.

Would be so great to here some comments...

Cheers,

Larry-G
07-10-11, 22:15
In one forum I saw that the folder on the stick should be call et5x00 ??? What is that about? Of course I tried, but did not work either.

Would be so great to here some comments...

Cheers,

Thats for the latest bootloader that was released a couple days ago.

lincoln
07-10-11, 22:27
have the same problem have the bootloader installed after 2631 led to software no longer possible uptade only green and red :mad::mad:

Stanman
08-10-11, 11:28
You cant use old images with thevnee bootloader. Did you def flash with the very latest bootloader, if so need to find image that has the folder named 5x00.
The latest VIX will but no release date as yet

radodroma
24-10-11, 20:15
You cant use old images with thevnee bootloader. Did you def flash with the very latest bootloader, if so need to find image that has the folder named 5x00.
The latest VIX will but no release date as yet

Thank you it worked for me with latest openPLI image:p

Stanman
24-10-11, 21:39
That will as its a ET5X00 file name, but from now onwards you will not be able to flash with Vix 2.2 or any other images with the folder name as ET5000.