PDA

View Full Version : Recording data synch size and demux buffer size

stick50jr
07-10-11, 12:07
G'day fellas,

I've been experiencing problems with my dual tuner usb dtt sticks which do not manifest themselves immediately. The tuners seem to work okay for several hours but I often find that one or both dtt tuners provides a black/blank picture when I come back to it.

I've disabled the Vix dtt drivers and tried using the ItalySat dtt installer. No improvement. I then swapped the Hauppauge Nova TD for an Avermedia TwinStar and am using this with the ItalySat dtt install. Still the same symptom.

Most recently I've tried increasing the 'Recording demux buffer size' which seems to extend the time between the problems!

So maybe I'm on the right track but I have no understanding of the purpose of these recording demux buffer and data synch settings. The settings are provided, so someone must have seen fit to make them available and must understand what they do and under what circumstances they should be adjusted?

So, is anyone able to comment on these settings and how they influence performance and stability of the image?

cheers