PDA

View Full Version : Et9000 and 2.5 HDD

cornishmud
06-10-11, 19:16
Hiya

I have a 250gb 2.5 Harddrive and was wondering how people managed to fit it tn there box as the internal HDD holder is for a 3.5" HDD just looking to save some money as I already have a 2.5" Sata spare lol, Oh and the ET9000 is a fantastic box!! I am so happy with it :-)

Thanks

Ryan

Larry-G
06-10-11, 19:19
Hiya

I have a 250gb 2.5 Harddrive and was wondering how people managed to fit it tn there box as the internal HDD holder is for a 3.5" HDD just looking to save some money as I already have a 2.5" Sata spare lol, Oh and the ET9000 is a fantastic box!! I am so happy with it :-)

Thanks

Ryan

you can get a 3.5 to 2.5 adapter that works well with the et9000 series boxes.

Stanman
06-10-11, 19:19
I believe silver has it fitted to the ET9K but very likely you will need a covertor fitting from 3.5 to 2.5

Somthing like this
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/scythe-twin-mounter-25-revc-converts-upto-2x25-hdd-ssd-to-fit-into-a-35-bay

silverfox0786
06-10-11, 19:20
no wrong person i got a 3.5 andy has all 2.5 inchers

cornishmud
07-10-11, 10:21
Cheers guys, I have ordered a 3.5" to 2.5" adaptor of ebay, but now I have another problem lol. When I tune it to BBC ONE HD or BBC HD, Disney Cinema HD I get Tune Failed message or SID missing I think. I have downloaded Silvefoxs HD list for the British Isles from the VIX addon server on the box and still it shows these error. Any one got any ideas? Sorry I am a bit of a pain lol

Thanks

Ryan

Forgot to say , I am only using one dish, 2 feeds from Lnb at astra 28.2E :-)

Stanman
07-10-11, 11:02
Those setting may be out of date. Go into the enigma 2 forum and download the 1st October ones or you could do a full scan and move them from ALL list to your bouquets after the scan completes.

beson
08-10-11, 09:28
Hiya

Thanks

Ryan

I did like this when mounting 2.5" HDD in ET9000. It's simple, and quick to do.
You need four screws, approx 15 mm long, who fitts to the mounting holes in the HDD. You need also four nuts for the screws.
Drill four holes in bottom of HDD holder, who fitts to mounting holes in HDD.
You can easily make a guide of a piece of paper, to mark for the holes.
Put the screws into the holes from the bottom side of the holder, and screw the nuts on.
Screw the screws into HDD, and at last, for locking the screws, you turn the nuts down to bottom, and tighten them against bottomplate of HDD holder.
Now your HDD is placed in a safe way approx 10 mm above bottomplate.

beson

cornishmud
10-10-11, 19:13
Ok I installed the harddrive and working ok, I am using the vix image and when I record something and play it back about half way through it will crash and vix image will spin and reboot the box, also when I pause the and then play it will play for about a min and then crash again?! I tried the Egami image and it was fine but dont like it compared to the VIX so I went back to vix and still the same issue.

Has any one got any ideas on how to solve? Its doing my head in lol lol also when I fast forward and go to x64 speed it will crash straight away?

Thanks

Ryan

Galaxien
10-10-11, 19:49
I had the same problems as you and changed to Clarke-Tech support v2 image and it solved my problem. Nice image as well.

Here,s a link

http://www.clarke-xtrend-support.com/Forum/showthread.php?2790-Clarke-Tech-Support-Image-V2

Don,t forget to post the "crashlogs" here so vix can fix the problem.

Stanman
10-10-11, 21:02
As Galaxien says please post up the crash reports and for the time the spinner comes in the debug report - these are in home/root - need the one for around the time you get the VIX spinner staying on.

Larry-G
10-10-11, 21:22
As Galaxien says please post up the crash reports and for the time the spinner comes in the debug report - these are in home/root - need the one for around the time you get the VIX spinner staying on.

that is assuming the user had the debug logs enabled as there set to off as default. but please post the crash logs generated if you have any.

cornishmud
10-10-11, 22:28
that is assuming the user had the debug logs enabled as there set to off as default. but please post the crash logs generated if you have any.

Here guys is my log, its driving me made now :mad: lol 11658

cornishmud
11-10-11, 20:06
Any one know?

aftermath
11-10-11, 20:21
you could have a look here m8, see if that is better for you..

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11328-fast-forward-recordings

cornishmud
12-10-11, 23:45
Nice one dude, Sorted Thank You :)