PDA

View Full Version : fixed the edges (ALICE Picons)

DeGea468
06-10-11, 16:50
@ Silverfox0786

I liked your picon set the best great job, I found with others there are a lot of duplicate picons for a channel and its +1 variant with yours there is actually a +1 picon etc.
I think your picon goes best with the default ViX image skin imo, which i'm using at the moment and will probably continue to use this skin as i like the look etc however i noticed on some of your picons the edges stick out and doesn't properly fit into the area for it.
I went through your picons and trimmed/cleaned up all the picons using photoshop now they fit perfectly in the area for it on the ViX skin (hopefully they fit perfectly on other skins for other people).

Hope you don't mind that i edited them to get rid of the edges that were sticking out.

Again thanks for an amazing picon set

silverfox0786
06-10-11, 17:03
Glad you like them matey when i made em i made em specially for VIX HD Skin

i dont mind you editing them for your self but prefer them not being relased as people may get confused i released em and not tell me of bugs
what i would prefer is for you to please post in this thread all picons need fixing so i can fix them for next release

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8388-VIX-Team-Silverfox0786-Picons-Bug-Thread

DeGea468
06-10-11, 17:33
Glad you like them matey when i made em i made em specially for VIX HD Skin

i dont mind you editing them for your self but prefer them not being relased as people may get confused i released em and not tell me of bugs
what i would prefer is for you to please post in this thread all picons need fixing so i can fix them for next release

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8388-VIX-Team-Silverfox0786-Picons-Bug-ThreadOkay then i'll have a post in that thread shortly and i'm glad you made the picons the way you have for the reason i mentioned plus your picons are very clear on my TV vs others i have tried where some picons were blurry.

Do you use photoshop CS5 to make your picons?

silverfox0786
06-10-11, 18:35
haha

funny you say that i love my picons and now you have said they are clear on yr TV

alot of people dont use mine as they feel they are not clear enough

couch cough stanman :rolleyes:

yes mate i use CS5 EXTENDED for making mine

Stanman
06-10-11, 19:10
I do have yours on the ET5K but on the main one will give it a go again just to keep you happy.:p:p

D Gea what telly you have?

silverfox0786
06-10-11, 19:12
I do have yours on the ET5K but on the main one will give it a go again just to keep you happy.:p:p

D Gea what telly you have?

stan mate im messing with ya

just use the ones you are happy with

DeGea468
06-10-11, 19:16
haha

funny you say that i love my picons and now you have said they are clear on yr TV

alot of people dont use mine as they feel they are not clear enough

couch cough stanman :rolleyes:

yes mate i use CS5 EXTENDED for making mine:eek: not clear enough? Yours are 1 of if not the clearest I've used, one of the main reasons i use your picons is because of how clear they look.

Okay then that's what i used to get rid of the edges.

I made a selection PSD that auto selects the edges (so edges don't have to be selected manually) then 'ctrl x' will delete the edges followed by 'ctrl s' which will save the picon.

Here is the edge selection PSD so you can get rid of the edges quickly on new picons you make.

oh and you have to have the selection psd open in photoshop while your working on the picon or you won't be able to load the selection and to load you have to right click the picon your working on then click 'Load Selection'

silverfox0786
06-10-11, 19:19
don't worry mate i got a macro setup for edge removal and it is more clearer as i use layers and do it before flattening them

once flattened edges removed and re-saved the quality decreases

if you list in the thread which need doing i will get em sorted for next release

DeGea468
06-10-11, 20:19
Oh right okay in that case i'll just use what i got till your next release is out. As for which needs doing i guess/suggest you could have a look at the the edited one to see how much edge has been removed so that when you use your macro setup you know how much to remove to get the perfect fit.

I look forward to your next release :D

silverfox0786
06-10-11, 20:22
with vix HD the bevel is 10 pixels and thats how much mine are

a few that are not right is because i was using the wrong photoshop setup

andyblac not only is he a genious coder but also a photoshop tutor and he setup the macros and my layers for me so any new ones i make will be perfect

just the old ones i made before this change will need redoing but i cant remeber which ones so its a case of doing em as they get noticed

DeGea468
06-10-11, 23:24
with vix HD the bevel is 10 pixels and thats how much mine are

a few that are not right is because i was using the wrong photoshop setup

andyblac not only is he a genious coder but also a photoshop tutor and he setup the macros and my layers for me so any new ones i make will be perfect

just the old ones i made before this change will need redoing but i cant remeber which ones so its a case of doing em as they get noticedOh okay i see, I just kept reducing the size till it fit right. That's good that a genius coder and photoshop tutor has set up the macros and layers for a perfect picons.
I think maybe you should re-do all the old ones that you haven't yet re-done with the new photoshop set up that way you ensure that all your picons are perfect.

silverfox0786
06-10-11, 23:29
yeah thats the issue i cant remeber which ones are which

but they will get there as channels change icons all teh time so they then get redone

andy is brill if only he showed me before

lol

DeGea468
07-10-11, 02:02
yeah thats the issue i cant remeber which ones are which

but they will get there as channels change icons all teh time so they then get redone

andy is brill if only he showed me before

lolCan't you look at the 'date modified' to see if the date is recent or not?
true but i wouldn't have thought it was that often that they change it.
Yep if only, good he's here now.

DeGea468
01-11-11, 20:13
Hi

@silverfox0786

First off thank you very much for the updating the ALICE picons and the bouquets settings great job :thumbsup:

I think your latest picon release is missing a picon?

HHK World
1_0_1_C7A4_96C_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png

I was going to post in the bug thread but it was closed.

Thanks again for your work.

silverfox0786
01-11-11, 21:11
i will check the bug thread to see why its closed and reopen it

NHK World has been removed as its been removed from the skyline up

i'll add it to the picon update thread for anyone that wants it

DeGea468
01-11-11, 21:17
i will check the bug thread to see why its closed and reopen it

NHK World has been removed as its been removed from the skyline up

i'll add it to the picon update thread for anyone that wants itOkay then and oh right okay didn't know that, I just noticed when loading your latest settings into DreamBoxEdit along with picons that was the only one i noticed without a picon

silverfox0786
01-11-11, 21:59
oops seem to have forgotten to delete NHK World

DeGea468
03-11-11, 14:10
oops seem to have forgotten to delete NHK WorldThat's what i thought, Maybe you'd forgot to delete NHK world from your settings for bouquets.. Is France 24 also not part of the sky line up no more? Is there a way i can delete NHK world via DreamBoxEdit myself?

Stanman
03-11-11, 15:24
Yes, just highlight and delete but you will need to copy and paste of the channel without a name otherwise you will lose the numbering and everything will move up one number ie 412 becomes 411

DeGea468
03-11-11, 15:47
Yes, just highlight and delete but you will need to copy and paste of the channel without a name otherwise you will lose the numbering and everything will move up one number ie 412 becomes 411okay thank you, How do i get a channel without a name to replace the deleted channel? will this no name channel show up in the epg?

Stanman
03-11-11, 15:48
If your using Silvers bouquet, there are already there and havea - against them

DeGea468
03-11-11, 16:14
yep i' am using silver's bouquets but i can't see the - you mention.. Is there a screenshot i can look at to see where you mean exactly? sorry pretty new to using DreamBoxEdit

silverfox0786
03-11-11, 17:18
france24 just left after i released the settings that will be fixed in next update

Stanman
03-11-11, 17:30
its the ones above 101 - you need to enable duplicate in options otherwise they wont be there

DeGea468
03-11-11, 18:07
france24 just left after i released the settings that will be fixed in next updateOkay then thanks for confirming that.

How do you add Watch HD and Dave HD manually? as i'm still having problems with them both having no info in the epg.

its the ones above 101 - you need to enable duplicate in options otherwise they wont be there
Thank you for the image i now see what you mean.. however i don't see them in my DreamBoxEdit.. I enabled the duplicate option under, Tools -> Options -> advanced and still not seeing it

silverfox0786
03-11-11, 18:11
Okay then thanks for confirming that.

How do you add Watch HD and Dave HD manually? as i'm still having problems with them both having no info in the epg.

i added the transponders pids in manually via dbedit but you shouldnt need that as my settings should have them in there

i think there is another issue with yr box as yo y epg is not showing

Stanman
03-11-11, 18:14
Okay then thanks for confirming that.

Thank you for the image i now see what you mean.. however i don't see them in my DreamBoxEdit.. I enabled the duplicate option under, Tools -> Options -> advanced and still not seeing it

Download them again and send them to the box as if you retrieve them from the box and did not enable duplicate, it wont have them in

DeGea468
03-11-11, 19:18
i added the transponders pids in manually via dbedit but you shouldnt need that as my settings should have them in there

i think there is another issue with yr box as yo y epg is not showingIs there a way i can double check that they are there? I hope not :( as all the other channels work :confused:

Are those settings okay?

Download them again and send them to the box as if you retrieve them from the box and did not enable duplicate, it wont have them inThanks got it sorted now

silverfox0786
03-11-11, 19:20
you can check pids in dbedit in the pid section click on edit on a channel to add em in manually