PDA

View Full Version : problems with tm boxs with motorised dish

blinkerd
03-10-11, 12:59
Hi can any one help my motor has just burned out. and i have spoken to two dish installers and they both say that there is a lot of problems with tm boxs burning out dish motors. :confused: Is this true has anyone else had problems. what is best cheapest hd reciver? ( i have 1.1 meter dish with tm motor.)

Stanman
03-10-11, 13:16
Cheapest is the TM54 but if you don't want that next one is a spiderbox

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Spiderbox/Spiderbox-7000-HD-Digtal-Satellite-Receiver-PVR-with-Ethernet

But cheapest is not always best;)

silverfox0786
03-10-11, 13:16
try a et9000 £339 from forum sponsor or then go for a VU UNO £289

link in my signature

Sicilian
03-10-11, 13:43
Hi can any one help my motor has just burned out. and i have spoken to two dish installers and they both say that there is a lot of problems with tm boxs burning out dish motors. :confused: Is this true has anyone else had problems. what is best cheapest hd reciver? ( i have 1.1 meter dish with tm motor.)

This is the first report I've read.

Larry-G
03-10-11, 13:47
same here and i have been using two tm600's for well over a year now.

blinkerd
03-10-11, 17:24
Thanks for you all for your replies sounds like they are just trying to flog me another box.

silverfox0786
03-10-11, 17:35
first of all i dont think TM would sell anything that had problems

and second if it was a genuine error if you approched TM if within warranty they would repair it if out of warranty they would only make a repectable repair charge

teh customer service is pretty good

Larry-G
03-10-11, 18:16
first of all i dont think TM would sell anything that had problems

and second if it was a genuine error if you approched TM if within warranty they would repair it if out of warranty they would only make a repectable repair charge

teh customer service is pretty good

i have dozens of friends all with TM's and they are all happy with them and none have had any problems with motors. i suspect your installer is trying to milk a bit more money out of you.

digidude
03-10-11, 20:00
ive installed hundreds of TM receivers and motors over the years, and have never had one burn out because of the receiver

basilyoung
03-10-11, 20:06
like others have posted, never heard of such a thing, if anything the opposite is more probrable, ie; the tuner on the reciever is more likely to get damaged, in short, you are being "waffled"

Larry-G
03-10-11, 20:24
there you go mate DIGIDUDE is a installer him self. you can take his word for it, if he says there is not a problem then thats as good as i need.

basilyoung
03-10-11, 21:16
and may I add, this is what the forum is about, its clear that you are being sold a story, and several peeps on the forum have all posted the same reply
so go get em

blinkerd
04-10-11, 03:05
Again thank you all for your advice I can now challange these installers with genuine facts from the forum. and i will try and find a more reliable jnstaller ( LONG LIVE TM ):wave:

silverfox0786
04-10-11, 13:39
yeah i think show em this thread

and if they know anything about TM's as they say they do they will also know who digidude is and will stand down to their comments in respect to his as digi is a very well known TM user and has good releations with TM them selves