PDA

View Full Version : EGAMi Image VS VIX Image

ablyes
03-10-11, 11:22
Hello,

Is there someone who tested the last EGAMI image 1.3 ?
Does EGAMI image brings some bug fixes compared to VIX image ?
Does fast forward on mkv files work better on EGAMI image ?

What's your general opinion about EGAMI image ?

Thank you.

silverfox0786
03-10-11, 12:22
rather than follow a crowd of opinions

i would say flash both and make yr own judgement

VIX has a backup option so you can flash that first then backup

install egami

then if you like egami leave it on if you don't then reflash the backup of VIX

ablyes
03-10-11, 13:08
Does egami have a backup manager like VIX ?
I really appreciated it and used it several times.

Rimmel
04-10-11, 11:04
I have used both:

ViX:-
Pros:
The best day to day support of any image
Most things work
Settings and menu are easy to find and adjust
Good picture
Generally very stable

Cons:
Very basic standard skin (far too bright if using in a bedroom with lights off.. the whole room lights up like an xmas tree) I use HD glass.
No ecm display for mgcamd for standard skin - yet it works fine with HD Glass.

Egami:-
Pros:
Slightly better HD picture (might just be me)
Slightly quicky reaction times for remote - seems a little quicker than vix
Great radio screen ;)

Cons:
Skin and the paper folding animated "working" cursor are quite frankly bizarre. Let's be right a paper folding theme for a sat box? I can only imagine drink/drugs or a combination of the two is responsible for that.
Terrible skin
Settings menu system is dis-jointed and unintuative to use e.g Vix are all in one place (easy peasy) whereas egami has a settings section and then press the blue button for egami settings. You tend to spend most of the time blindly searching around for a suingle setting. It can become VERY annoying.

ablyes
04-10-11, 14:23
egami implements fully HDMI CEC

xemo
04-10-11, 14:26
We are uploading a s/w from usb. When we upload it on the TV screen we see a message "Xtrend" and also see on front panel display "ET9000 booting" then receiver is freezing.

We try to find many S/w updates from internet sites but there is no change. Please help me what can be the problem?

Regarding the problem first we are downloading the files ET9000 HDF-Teamimage v4 based on OpenPLi2.1 vom 30.07.2011 from your website and upload both bootloader and image to receiver but then receiver shows the problems that I explained in my first message

Thanks
Xemo

pooface
04-10-11, 14:26
egami implements fully HDMI CEC

If that's your liking, then you might enjoy the next vix release ;)

Out of interest, how does hdmi cec work with panasonic tvs in this image?

ablyes
04-10-11, 14:45
for the moment my LG 42LW4500 (VIX 2.0) switchs on when i switch on the clarke.
but nothing when i switch off the tv or the clarke.

note that the clarke is connected on a DENON 1911, then DENON is connected to my tv.
passthrough is activated.

when VIX 2.3 will be released ? this week ? month ? year ?

silverfox0786
04-10-11, 14:48

you should know by now we dont give dates on release

Larry-G
04-10-11, 16:33
I have used both:

ViX:-
Pros:
The best day to day support of any image
Most things work
Settings and menu are easy to find and adjust
Good picture
Generally very stable

Cons:
Very basic standard skin (far too bright if using in a bedroom with lights off.. the whole room lights up like an xmas tree) I use HD glass.
No ecm display for mgcamd for standard skin - yet it works fine with HD Glass.

Egami:-
Pros:
Slightly better HD picture (might just be me)
Slightly quicky reaction times for remote - seems a little quicker than vix
Great radio screen ;)

Cons:
Skin and the paper folding animated "working" cursor are quite frankly bizarre. Let's be right a paper folding theme for a sat box? I can only imagine drink/drugs or a combination of the two is responsible for that.
Terrible skin
Settings menu system is dis-jointed and unintuative to use e.g Vix are all in one place (easy peasy) whereas egami has a settings section and then press the blue button for egami settings. You tend to spend most of the time blindly searching around for a suingle setting. It can become VERY annoying.

i will agree with you as i actually prefer the dark / black themes skins and picons my self. however saying that i have tried several dozen skins and while i did like and briefly keep some of them for any thing between a few days to a few weeks i always gravitated back to the default VIX HD skin as it does every thing i need with no fuss, it is very user friendly and intuitive to experienced and new users alike. there are a few ARMY skins that have been adapted to work with PLI images and therefore work well with VIX.

sadly as already pointed out we can not get into release dates due to the way things progress, for example we may fix several issues only to turn around and have another popup where it was previously working fine. all i can say is that we are working very hard to get this image out to you our users and so far we have gone through 50 ( as of today ) image builds for vix 2.3. i know it's not something many want to hear but the image will be released as soon as we reach the point where we feel it is rite to do so.

Rimmel
07-10-11, 11:15
i will agree with you as i actually prefer the dark / black themes skins and picons my self. however saying that i have tried several dozen skins and while i did like and briefly keep some of them for any thing between a few days to a few weeks i always gravitated back to the default VIX HD skin as it does every thing i need with no fuss

I agree - I use the vix hd skin downstairs but upstairs in the bedroom I was forced to use a darker skin because of the brightness issue - the vix hd skin in a darket colour would be great, although i'd also like to see the infobars go right to the edges of the screen rather than sat in the middle with a lot of space down the sides.

machare
09-10-11, 00:34
If that's your liking, then you might enjoy the next vix release ;)

With CEC, will the ET9000 be able to switch on the TV via HDMI when the ET9000 is taken out of standby?

Will there be a way to power of the TV and the ET9000 at the same time?

Cucosat
09-10-11, 01:18
Yes, the TV will power off when the ET9000 powers off.

im85288
09-10-11, 11:15
With CEC, will the ET9000 be able to switch on the TV via HDMI when the ET9000 is taken out of standby?

Will there be a way to power of the TV and the ET9000 at the same time?

You can do this and more with any image if you use a harmony remote

Stanman
09-10-11, 11:18
You can do this and more with any image if you use a harmony remote

You can but this is much easier and you use a remote that is mapped exactly to the box, with out having to press extra buttons to access standard functions.:thumbsup:

I have two harmonies 885 and 515 and have to say, in testing on the ET5K this works perfectly and I have given up on the 515.Once I fathom our the TX-050G20 will retire the 885 as well.

OldSkulRide
09-10-11, 12:19
HDMI-CEC is great when TV is supported. I have Samsung C530 and HDMI-CEC doesnt work 100%. I like function where TV powers itself OFF, when you put sat-receiver to standby. Well, this function doesnt work 100% with this TV. There is separate setting in TV, where you can enable "Auto power off", but this setting is reverted to default when TV is in standby. I have latest firmware. I guess this is problem with firmware. Stupid Samsung!

Stanman
09-10-11, 12:21
Funnily enough its my Samsung A658 that works fine

OldSkulRide
09-10-11, 12:25
Interesting... I flashed latest firmware, still the same issue. Setting is just reverted to default when TV is in standby. WTF :D

I would also like to say, that HDMI-CEC isnt always great solution especially when you have many other devices connected to TV and they dont suppoer HDMI-CEC. Harmony is a must then.

Stanman
09-10-11, 12:36
I agree with a multi AV setup than harmony is the way but for the bedroom this is a ideal solution imho.