PDA

View Full Version : Just got email from you about this wifi bridge thingy

BRAVEHEART
02-10-11, 21:24
This is the item in the email http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Networking-WiFi/Tenda-150Mbps-Portable-Wireless-Access-Point-Router-Wireless-wifibridge-WIFI-W150M

Is this the total answer to getting a great wireless connection to your vu duo then ?

Just plug it into the mains and then into the duo and then it will recieve excellent signal from any router ?

Was wanting to double check on this first.

thanks guys. :)

basilyoung
02-10-11, 21:33
it would appear so braveheart
but can not confirm, as I do not use this method, but reading the spec, it should be ok, and our sponcer seems confident that its ok, as they are selling it
I would advise seeing what others have to say, but think it will be all positive

BRAVEHEART
02-10-11, 21:40
it would appear so braveheart
but can not confirm, as I do not use this method, but reading the spec, it should be ok, and our sponcer seems confident that its ok, as they are selling it
I would advise seeing what others have to say, but think it will be all positive

Ok i will wait n see what others have to say :) thanks mate.

judge
02-10-11, 22:15
Got that email too & looks perfect if it works on the VU with VIX, want to order but need to hear if it's the solution first...

ash888
02-10-11, 22:16
i have not used this exact one but i tried a vonets one before when i first got my vu+.
the picture kept freezing and breaking up every so often.

i switched to homeplugs and it is alot better...for me anyway.

BRAVEHEART
02-10-11, 22:20
need to just wait on someone in the know to tell us :)

digidude
02-10-11, 22:22
i use a similar sort of thing for testing stuff out in my house, the one the sponsor is selling looks to be much better than the type of thing i use though, but based on the same concept.

you first need to configure it, on a PC or laptop connected to your network, you use the pc to enter wour wifi security settings onto the device, save them, and thats it, you then plug it into whatever you want to connect to your wifi, and it starts up, and youre connected

i have one in my boys bedroom, in the day, he plugs it into his xbox, and in the night, he plugs it into his old TM500 satellite receiver, and both work perfectly

with this one being much newer technology than the one i use (mines 2 years old now, and i paid a small fortune for it lol) id imagine it would be fine

but may be worth waiting to see someone actually use one with a Vu+ receiver just to verify it, maybe the sponsor could test it out for half hour, but id also imagine that tests like this were satisfied before being listed and emailed to everyone

BRAVEHEART
02-10-11, 22:24
i use a similar sort of thing for testing stuff out in my house, the one the sponsor is selling looks to be much better than the type of thing i use though, but based on the same concept.

you first need to configure it, on a PC or laptop connected to your network, you use the pc to enter wour wifi security settings onto the device, save them, and thats it, you then plug it into whatever you want to connect to your wifi, and it starts up, and youre connected

i have one in my boys bedroom, in the day, he plugs it into his xbox, and in the night, he plugs it into his old TM500 satellite receiver, and both work perfectly

with this one being much newer technology than the one i use (mines 2 years old now, and i paid a small fortune for it lol) id imagine it would be fine

but may be worth waiting to see someone actually use one with a Vu+ receiver just to verify it, maybe the sponsor could test it out for half hour, but id also imagine that tests like this were satisfied before being listed and emailed to everyone

Hope so, cheers mate, we'll probably soon see :)

Stanman
02-10-11, 22:54
I am almost certain it has been tested with the VU+ AND XT range and works.

Why dont you contact the sponsor via
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=information/contact

He visits the forum but that is probably the fastest way

digidude
03-10-11, 00:00
also have a read here m8

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11478-Review-and-Guide-to-setup-the-Tenda-W150M-WiFi-N-150mbps-Wifibridge-for-all-Receivers&p=83575#post83575

(@ mods etc, i didnt code the link as its an 'internal' link to the site, if still needs coding, apologies :) )

basilyoung
03-10-11, 00:01
was about to post this as well...so doubters, answer,d ....yep its all good, fill your boots lads

Sicilian
03-10-11, 04:52
i have not used this exact one but i tried a vonets one before when i first got my vu+.
the picture kept freezing and breaking up every so often.

i switched to homeplugs and it is alot better...for me anyway.

You cant compare this to a Vonets, this is WiFi N 150mbps, works as good as any 85mbps homeplugs.

I've been testing one for about a month, router upstairs at front of house and using the Tenda W150M on receiver at the rear of my house, absolutely the furthest I can get, been working great. Great thing is, I can use it as an access point for other wireless laptop/tablet whilst connected to the receiver.

The Tenda W150M WILL work with any receiver. I must be configured via pc, then connect to the receiver.

I put together a quick setup guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11478-Review-and-Guide-to-setup-the-Tenda-W150M-WiFi-N-150mbps-Wifibridge-for-all-Receivers&p=83575#post83575
(http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11478-Review-and-Guide-to-setup-the-Tenda-W150M-WiFi-N-150mbps-Wifibridge-for-all-Receivers&p=83575#post83575)
Another great thing is that it leaves your USB ports free for flash drives, hdd's etc... Some receivers like the TM5402HD, BM7000S, TM800 only have one USB port so it leave them free. Even can be used on the TM500 as that dont even have any USB ports :)

BRAVEHEART
03-10-11, 05:17
You cant compare this to a Vonets, this is WiFi N 150mbps, works as good as any 85mbps homeplugs.

I've been testing one for about a month, router upstairs at front of house and using the Tenda W150M on receiver at the rear of my house, absolutely the furthest I can get, been working great. Great thing is, I can use it as an access point for other wireless laptop/tablet whilst connected to the receiver.

The Tenda W150M WILL work with any receiver. I must be configured via pc, then connect to the receiver.

I put together a quick setup guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11478-Review-and-Guide-to-setup-the-Tenda-W150M-WiFi-N-150mbps-Wifibridge-for-all-Receivers&p=83575#post83575
(http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11478-Review-and-Guide-to-setup-the-Tenda-W150M-WiFi-N-150mbps-Wifibridge-for-all-Receivers&p=83575#post83575)
Another great thing is that it leaves your USB ports free for flash drives, hdd's etc... Some receivers like the TM5402HD, BM7000S, TM800 only have one USB port so it leave them free. Even can be used on the TM500 as that dont even have any USB ports :)

So its all systems go as they say with this device and the vu duo, thats the line I wanna hear, lol ? thanks as well mate and the other guys too :)

Stanman
03-10-11, 13:50
also have a read here m8

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11478-Review-and-Guide-to-setup-the-Tenda-W150M-WiFi-N-150mbps-Wifibridge-for-all-Receivers&p=83575#post83575

(@ mods etc, i didnt code the link as its an 'internal' link to the site, if still needs coding, apologies :) )

Your fine to post WOS links mate:thumbsup:, its only external ones that need to be coded.

judge
05-10-11, 00:31
Hi guys & thanks for the follow up email on my query, however when I tried to purchase it it comes to £38.90. Is this normal for an Irish purchase?

Product Model Quantity Price Total
Tenda 150Mbps Portable Wireless AP / Router / Wireless wifibridge W150M W150M 1 £15.79 £15.79

Sub-Total: £15.79
Ireland (Weight: 0.40kg): £16.63
VAT 20%: £6.48
Total: £38.90

Whatever about the VAT, the shipping of £16.63 seems way to excessive for such a small item?
Can a better deal be done?

Larry-G
05-10-11, 00:35
Hi guys & thanks for the follow up email on my query, however when I tried to purchase it it comes to £38.90. Is this normal for an Irish purchase?

Tenda 150Mbps Portable Wireless AP / Router / Wireless wifibridge W150M W150M 1 £15.79 £15.79

Whatever about the VAT, the shipping of £16.63 seems way to excessive for such a small item?

sadly i think thats the cost the couriers add on for delivery to the ROI but best to have a word with the site sponsor he may be able to help you.

judge
05-10-11, 00:52
sadly i think thats the cost the couriers add on for delivery to the ROI but best to have a word with the site sponsor he may be able to help you.

will do, don't mind normal post. Got those USB keys in another thread on free postage. Was just a bit shocked when the cost of delivery came to more than the product.

Larry-G
05-10-11, 00:56
no worries bud. as i said the sponsor is the best person to ask as he is the retailer and in the best position to answer your questions regarding shipping costs etc.

judge
05-10-11, 01:04
no worries bud. as i said the sponsor is the best person to ask as he is the retailer and in the best position to answer your questions regarding shipping costs etc.

Just emailed them, thanks.
Probably should have done that first, trigger happy forum finger...

Larry-G
05-10-11, 01:07
Just emailed them, thanks.
Probably should have done that first, trigger happy forum finger...

no harm asking questions on the forum. either way you'll get the help you need.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
05-10-11, 04:51

Shipping cost has been adjusted accross all european zones. Unit comes in a retail box, with all leads, psu, cd etc.. and weighs just under 400g when packaged. Thanks for pointing out the error.

Huevos
05-10-11, 23:47
this is WiFi N 150mbps, works as good as any 85mbps homeplugs.As long as the access point is wireless N as well, otherwise the performance will be wireless B/G so no good for streaming HD.

BRAVEHEART
05-10-11, 23:51
As long as the access point is wireless N as well, otherwise the performance will be wireless B/G so no good for streaming HD.

:eek: ohh, eh ? please tell us more mate, I dunno what you mean ?

silverfox0786
05-10-11, 23:56
he is talking about yr router

most new routers are all wifi N compatible

judge
06-10-11, 00:15
Shipping cost has been adjusted accross all european zones. Unit comes in a retail box, with all leads, psu, cd etc.. and weighs just under 400g when packaged. Thanks for pointing out the error.

Thanks, still almost double the price for Ireland though.

Ireland (Weight: 0.40kg): £8.96
VAT 20%: £4.95
Total: £29.70

Any way you can do normal postage? I'll take the risk as its never let me down before.

BRAVEHEART
06-10-11, 00:17
he is talking about yr router

most new routers are all wifi N compatible

Ohh I see, yea I have an N router and also a superhub and all that crap, so I guess I am fine :)

Sicilian
06-10-11, 04:50
As long as the access point is wireless N as well, otherwise the performance will be wireless B/G so no good for streaming HD.

No wifi solution or 85mbps homeplugs is 100% reliable for streaming HD.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
06-10-11, 04:52
Thanks, still almost double the price for Ireland though.

Any way you can do normal postage? I'll take the risk as its never let me down before.

I'm sorry, thats the cheapest signed for option. We only send goods out with a signed for option.