PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla launches Firefox Beta 8

bassethound
02-10-11, 12:29
Mozilla has announced the availability of its latest web browser Firefox Beta 8.

The internet software will make web surfing "more convenient", adding more tools, features and user interface elements, according to the platform holder.

"[Firefox 8] adds features and user interface elements that make browsing easier and tools that help developers build more secure and innovative Web experiences," said the company.

Mozilla is facing increasing competition from Google's Chrome browser, having had a fierce rivalry with Microsoft's Internet Explorer in previous years. The release of Firefox 8 is expected to have a significant impact on market share.

Firefox 8 adds Twitter improved functionality, the option to restore tabs on demand, and animated tab movement, in addition to enhanced control of add-ons, WebSockets updates, HTML5 native right click menu and the integration of HTML5 media elements.

Firefox Beta 8 is available to download via Mozilla's website.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/

Larry-G
02-10-11, 12:43
in what 6 months or less they have gone form V3 to beta testing V8 WTF ?.

Don't get me wrong i'm a faithful firefox user and have been for many years but there just going nuts lately with new version after new version.

jcm193
02-10-11, 12:55
Why don`t they stop rushing out half baked browsers and develop a finished version and stick with it

Larry-G
02-10-11, 12:57
yes agreed. i have personally found since v4 that almost all revisions i have used have suffered hugely from the cache building so high ( into the hundreds of megs ) that the browser becomes almost unusable. so far v7 has been ok but i'm still clearing the cache 2 or three times a day to prevent buildup.