PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War 3 sells 3 million copies

Larry-G
02-10-11, 09:31
http://1.2.3.12/bmi/cdn0.afterdawn.fi/v3/news/gears_of_war_3.jpg

Epic Game's blockbuster title Gears of War 3 has sold 3 million copies in just its first week of sales.

An exclusive for the Xbox 360, the game is the finale of a trilogy that has been massively popular for the console.

Says Microsoft of the milestone:

Gears of War 3 has set the bar as the top game launch of the year, kicking off the biggest holiday in Xbox history with a bang. While we don't share sales projections, we're really happy with the results thus far and are kicking off what promises to be our biggest holiday yet in Xbox history.

The companies will also continue their exclusive relationship into the future, possibly with a Kinect title.

Concludes Microsoft:

We've enjoyed a terrific partnership with Epic Games throughout the 'Gears of War' trilogy, and the success of the franchise is a testament to the strength of that relationship and our work together. We look forward to working with Epic in the future.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2011/10/02/gears_of_war_3_sells_3_million_copies

Larry-G
02-10-11, 09:32
personally I've never particularly liked any of the gears games but hey.

punisher
02-10-11, 09:36
This game is da shizz. Gna get it nex week. Love all the gears

pooface
02-10-11, 09:41
Someone take this iPad off punisher will they?! lol. It's making his posts a nightmare to read :eek:

As for GOW3, never really got that interested in GOW, never bought GOW2, so this one ain't getting a look at since it's getting harder and harder to find time to game, lol

Larry-G
02-10-11, 09:47
Someone take this iPad off punisher will they?! lol. It's making his posts a nightmare to read :eek:

HAHAHA took the words rite out of my mouth.

As for GOW3, never really got that interested in GOW, never bought GOW2, so this one ain't getting a look at since it's getting harder and harder to find time to game, lol

totally agreed, i tried the first game and rated it average at best. again tried the second and instantly disliked it. wont waste my money on the third.

punisher
02-10-11, 10:15
Lmao im on thee iphone lol im too lazy to complete words but for you guys i will put predictive text on haha :p