PDA

View Full Version : tm800hd with darkstar ii

zizobouta
01-10-11, 23:52
hello, will tm800hd accept darkstar ii image or even gimeni image?

basilyoung
02-10-11, 00:05
no, not as far as I am aware

images for this unit are unique

I am sure that a few TM800 experts will post you some info soon

also, this is your first post I notice, its a good idea to post an intro in the intro area, with a little info about your experiance/kit
but welcome to the forum anyway

Sicilian
02-10-11, 05:13
Available TM800 images here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?110-Technomate-TM-800-HD-images

zizobouta
02-10-11, 10:43
thanks guys for quick reply i will put some intro about me got this dm500s with dark starii very stable but tm800 iq image a bit not stable.

TM800HD WITH IQ IMAGE
DM500S WITH SUPER DARK STARR II
90CM MOTORISED MESH DISH
JSC CARD

squig007
02-10-11, 12:24
the only imgaes that work with the tm800hd at present are images from the iqteam , andromada images and digital worldz images . Currently the iq team are working on the OE sorting it out so other teams can write images for it as currently the tm800hd is all over the place in terms of linux coding. Its been over 16 months now and the box is till not working as advertised. Many Tm800 customers have jumped ship to other more stable boxes ie vu+ duo etc ... but technomate have promised that it will be sorted as soon as possible
squig007

Larry-G
02-10-11, 12:53
well there is also a WoS image for the TM800 released on this very forum. but personally i think TM have missed the boat on this one. the box is well over a year old and due to them dragging their heals with the UR team in getting the source code out in the first place they have missed out massively. even now the source code has been in the open for a good 6 months or more very few teams are bothering with this box and sadly i cant see that changing any time soon. unless TM get their finger out and offer some incentives. for example donating development boxes to interested teams to get them off the ground. it's sad really as this box could and should have been a giant killer.

Tyler
02-10-11, 13:56
Ya, I got one a year ago as my second box but I don't like it one bit.
I paid way to much for it so I'm keeping it in the hope a decent image will come out for it:mad:

gazwazzzz
06-11-11, 00:27
After using the tm500 , a great box , i also went out got the expensive 800 but a very big let down!

gogoli
06-11-11, 20:39
NO .

and

NEVER.

TM 800 has dead long time ago,,,,,but only Now some people understood...!
The Announcement about it has been more then 8 month ago in NET.... Calling ...( Technomate 800 Project has fail .)

udayansen
09-05-12, 10:11
because of my lack of thorough, I just bought a TM-800 HD, goods received on 4 May 2012, far away to buy from the UK for use in Indonesia, I really regret buying the TM-800 HD, but this is my own fault. Hopefully, the IQ / DW and Technomate will continue to develop "image" TM-800 HD to maximize and optimize all features of TM-800 HD.

expectations will hopefully always be there, so this box is not in vain

thank you

simon4545
11-05-12, 00:22
Is this you first linux box? It is for me I was a bit disappointed at first but when you get to know it, it is'nt that bad, it may crash now and again and have a few problems, but what do you expect its a hobbyists box it's much cheaper than the dm800 and has much better picture quality. I say that load's of people now have this box and will start to build their own images and post them on the web to sort out the problems for now the box is only at an early age. Shame it dropped down in price from £200 to £150 after a few months of buying it!

Rat
11-05-12, 15:12
Is this you first linux box? It is for me I was a bit disappointed at first but when you get to know it, it is'nt that bad, it may crash now and again and have a few problems, but what do you expect its a hobbyists box
it's much cheaper than the dm800 and has much better picture quality.
I say that load's of people now have this box and will start to build their own images and post them on the web to sort out the problems for now the box is only at an early age. Shame it dropped down in price from £200 to £150 after a few months of buying it!

I would expect a lot more from a hobbiest box :) there is nothing this box can do for the hobbiest ? 99% of anything changed will crash and green screen the box

the majority of people will buy a clone 800SE, for another £30 on top of TM800 you get a real hobbiest box that you can really play with :) as for it being better picture quality ?? Ive had both and the TM800 is no better than the clone SE

more images being made because more people now own the TM800, Id like to know how this is possible as the source code that was available for a very limited time was withdrawn
so if no one has the source code how can this be improved ?

the box is 2 years old and has han no support from TM/UR_/iQ for the last 6 months, TM promised TM800 would be worked on again on March 1st after launch of Twin, but no word yet as they are still trying to sort out the Twin

I truly believe people on all forums should know what they intend to spend there hard earned cash on and not regret there buy