PDA

View Full Version : Generating splash.bin

machare
01-10-11, 19:03
Is there an easy way to generate a splash.bin file?

silverfox0786
01-10-11, 19:26
splash.bin is part of the image mate so xtrend splash will be in the xtrend new bootloader and the upcomming vix 2.3 will be in there is made by the developers its nothing like bootlogos

Larry-G
02-10-11, 13:17
ok just to clear a few things up here fellas here is a little warning for you.

Messing with the spalsh.bin is not as simple as creating a image file and replacing the existing file, as tampering in this area can very well lead to a lot of trouble if things go wrong or even as far as a dead receiver.

you have been warned.

machare
02-10-11, 14:00
Is there a developer forum or some other documentation where I can learn more about how VIX and the box works?

silverfox0786
02-10-11, 14:02
VIX is unlike PLi where users can try build it and and report there finding

we are a small team and quite happy that way andy builds the images we bug test them and release them for others if they wish to use it

if you have knolledge in python then please PM Sicilan with what you know to be considered joining the coders team

machare
03-10-11, 12:56
Thank you for that clarification. Are coders able to test their changes before submitting them?

silverfox0786
03-10-11, 13:14
we always test everything extensivly before release

Larry-G
03-10-11, 13:18
as silverfox said every aspect of our image is tested before we will even consider making a release. to date we have gone through 48 revisions of ViX 2.3. this issue however is nothing at all to do with the image as it will effect every image by every team / person including the original factory image.

machare
03-10-11, 15:23
I appreciated that the final release is fully tested - Indeed my v 2.2 works pretty well!

Clearly if someone writes some C++ code it has to be compiled. My question would then be: Can the coder compile and test the change himself or does he have to pass the code to Andy so that it can be built into a test image?

I would ask a similar question as to how testing Python code is approached.

Larry-G
03-10-11, 16:14
andy is the primary coder for VIX and handles almost every aspect of writing and bug fixes him self, silverfox is a junior coder and helps where he can. the rest of us beta test the results. as always we have said any one with experience in this area to contact sicilian explaining their experience etc as we would gladly welcome others into the team that are able to help.

silverfox0786
03-10-11, 16:33
just to add to that

rob and myself are always asking for features to add but never do so our selves

Andy will add that as its his image as he is the main guy

but as you mentioned you know coding if you would like to contact Sicilian and join the team then all yr ideas would be wellcomed and coded either by you and added by Andy as the main man and then tested by us or andy would code in yr ideas

although idealy we need someone that can bring down andys coding load and code in partnership with him

we are a happy team and welcome all member alike and would welcome any coder into the team that Sicilian and Andy chooses

machare
05-10-11, 20:34
Thank you for the explanations.