PDA

View Full Version : Thinking out loud

dmgp
29-09-11, 12:34
A friend wants an HD box, but he wants an internal hdd drive he wants it working through a DiSeqc switch to get Freesat, and the Spanish channels on Astra at 19deg E. Tried to explain why a Freesat PVR wasn't a good idea (fixed SR's etc)
I can't sell him my VU+ and buy a new Ultimo coz it's more than he wants to spend. Swotted up on most boxes within his price range and think that a TM 800 with a HDD drive fitted may do the job. The fact it's linux won't matter to him as it will only be used for FTA stuff.All the Technomate receivers I've had through my hands over the years have been pretty good.Any comments on my thoughts above would be gratefully received, especially as regards the Freesat EPG. Would it do what he wants out of the box ( except for fitting HDD ) or would it need a new image loaded.
tia
dmgp

world-of-satellite.co.uk
29-09-11, 13:34
We found the TM800HD with a fitted HDD is most reliable when using a SATA to USB adapter. There can be the odd HDD issue when using pure sata. All this means disconnecting the front USB port and connecting the SATA to USB adapter to that. This way you shouldn't have and HDD issues.

If you order one from us, let us know and we'll pre-fit and throw in the adapter free of charge.

Only other option for internal HDD is the VU+ Uno, but i'm afraid thats £289 with free uk delivery.