PDA

View Full Version : Prisoners' Sky Sports complaint slammed

silverfox0786
28-09-11, 17:22

The number of satellite television channels available at a prison has lead to a formal complaint by inmates.

Prisoners at a jail in South Wales have called for more sports channels.

The inmates at the Category B HMP Parc in Bridgend currently have access to Sky Sports 1 as a reward for "sustained good behaviour".

According to reports, they are calling for Sky Sports 2 and 3 after missing the broadcast of Brighton's cup tie against Liverpool last week.

The complaint has been slammed by Conservative MP David Davies - who stressed that many people outside of prison could not afford the channels.

Mr Davies, MP for Monmouth, said: "I am aghast we are paying for prisoners to watch Sky TV. What next? Will prisoners be given a box at the Millennium Stadium for rugby matches?

"People should not be put in prison to spend their days watching expensive satellite packages. They should be educated and learn skills for their rehabilitation when they come out.

"It beggars belief they are complaining about this - I haven't even got Sky Sports myself."

The Sky Sports One package available to prisons costs around £100 a month. Including all of the sports channels in the package would cost a further £78 a month

Stanman
28-09-11, 19:58
Pathetic, they should get the basic 5 channels and thats it!! The reward for good behavior should be the absence of a baton around the chops.

How many people on a low income are subsidizing the scum to a better standard of living.:mad:

bassethound
28-09-11, 20:02
who said crime dont pay sky sports and no moaning woman nagging in your ear bliss

Tyler
28-09-11, 21:27
:violin: Poor things, they should get a Chinese on Tuesday's and McDonalds on a Thursday.
Each one should have a 50 inch 3D plasma with surround sound.
Poor things.:laser:

basilyoung
28-09-11, 21:35
Its Bloody hard work getting into prison nowr days
its just not fair
I think, if you commit a crime, you should get the same benifits in or out of prison, think of all the money the country would save :thumbsup:
no need to riot, well not too much, it would reduce the crime rate as well
my conclusion
we should all have free sky tv, ( but that would probrably increase the crime rate )

lammy1961
28-09-11, 22:21
Surely someone with a spare Spiderbox with some gift time remaining could donate it ?
Bleeding cheek of it.:confused:

silverfox0786
28-09-11, 23:21
they aint getting my fooking spiderbox

:roflmao:

basilyoung
28-09-11, 23:42
knowing you srg, if they did, it would be on HP :eek:

Tyler
29-09-11, 08:43
Ya mate, silver would charge them 2 packs of cigges a week. For the spiders.:roflmao:

silverfox0786
29-09-11, 11:14
Ya mate, silver would charge them 2 packs of cigges a week. For the spiders.:roflmao:

:roflmo:

im like red in shawshank i can get things

so charging em ciggies is pants

i want hard cash

:roflmao: