PDA

View Full Version : Vu Solo Green Screen Bootup

satmanbasil
27-09-11, 22:12
Hi guys

Had a heart stopping moment tonight i switched on my vu solo to find the screen frozen so rebooted the box... the vix splash screen came up but then as the vix spinning logo started the screen went green with the vix spinning and flashing back to the splash screen.

I powered back down and waited for 15 mins and tryed again with the same results.... thinking a reflash was gonna be needed i prepared the usb stick.

Switching off the receiver and inserting the usb stick in the front port i switched back on and noticed instead of the led light turning red it went instead to green hence not reading the usb stick.

Whilst letting the receiver cool for longer i did a web search of possible problems that cause this to happen, after a short while i came across a posting by somebody claiming the same problem after installing Project valarie.

Seeing as the night before being bored i checked to see if PV would update so decided to follow the advise given to recover my receiver it needed me to access the vu solo via FTP and remover the project valarie folders from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions which i did by the time i returned to the receiver to check it had already started to reboot as normal so maybe thoses who have the same problem in future may find this information useful in recovering your solo from crashing.

regards
satmanbasil