PDA

View Full Version : Setting

wullboy
27-09-11, 20:20
Im in need of some setting for the vlc plugin and the setting that would go in a mount for networking, im hoping to get someone in to try and get my windows 7 folders shared with my duo, so i would apperciate the settings that would go in the vlc plugin, and the settings that would go in the network mount that i would need to have in there when i get my laptop folders shared with my duo......Thanks.....

Stanman
27-09-11, 20:24
BB, if you get the folder mounted in the DUO, don't need to go farthing with VLC as playlist (not media player) and yellow button will navigate you to the mount and than you can play it as if it was a local recording.

wullboy
27-09-11, 20:42
BB, if you get the folder mounted in the DUO, don't need to go farthing with VLC as playlist (not media player) and yellow button will navigate you to the mount and than you can play it as if it was a local recording.

ok m8, hear what your saying, now what would be the settings be in the mount manager,[ add mount ] so that once i get windows 7 folders to share, then i will need the correct settings in the mount...

the network browser in showing my network at this moment in time, so now im waiting to get the folders sharing. so what would i put the configuration for the mount

add new network mount points....

Mount using....... ??
Active.....enable
Local share name......pc
Mount type.....nfs share
server ip 192.168.1.xxx
Server share....??
Use as hdd replacement.....no
Mount options.....rw,nolock,tcp

so what would be the correct settings.....cheers

Stanman
27-09-11, 20:49
I cant help with the windows share I have my ET9K /DUO/ET5K mounted to each one and just used network browser to mount them as NFS shares.

Use NB to see the share and than mount it, I recall reading something like windows shares need to be mounted as CIFS

wullboy
27-09-11, 21:13
I cant help with the windows share I have my ET9K /DUO/ET5K mounted to each one and just used network browser to mount them as NFS shares.

Use NB to see the share and than mount it,

Sorry m8, explain the last part please [ NB ]

Stanman
27-09-11, 21:18
sorry its network browser