PDA

View Full Version : Review and Guide to setup the Tenda W150M WiFi N 150mbps Wifibridge for all Receivers

Sicilian
27-09-11, 20:03
I've been testing the Tenda W150M AP/Router/Wirelessbridge for the last month or so to test its stability and reliability as found the Vonets VAP11G can be hit and miss. Well I've got to say the Tenda W150M works as good as any 85MBPS Homeplugs! Its works absolutely superb and is a doddle to setup!
The Tenda W150M can be purchased from World-of-Satellite.co.uk http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Networking-WiFi/Tenda-150Mbps-Portable-Wireless-Access-Point-Router-Wireless-wifibridge-WIFI-W150M

Its can either be powered by supplied USB lead or supplied 3PIN PSU. This is great for Satellite receivers such as the Blade BM7000S or the Technomate TM5402HD that only have one USB port, even better news for receivers like the TM500 Super that dont have any USB ports. This really is the WiFi Solution for ALL receivers! You won’t believe how good this WiFi Solution really is until you try it. Once configured you can easily tuck behind your receiver/set top box.

To setup the Tenda W150M follow the attached guide. You'll be amazed as to how easy it really it!

Sicilian
29-09-11, 12:30
Using the Tenda W150M in Client+AP mode makes is the perfect WIFI adapter/solution for receivers such as the VU+ Solo, Technomate TM5402, Blade BM7000S as they only has one USB port. The W150M does NOT require the use of any USB ports. So in affect its perfect for any receiver and allows you to use your valuable USB port's for other things such as USB HDD storage.

abdul.jabbar
02-10-11, 23:56
Hi,

Any idea what would the distance of this be ..
my father lives on the same road but approx 80m away.. he has no broadband...
Could i set up a dm500s at his house with this devise so he could use my internet

madmanuk
03-10-11, 08:12
now that would be good if that works

silverfox0786
03-10-11, 10:55
Hi,

Could i set up a dm500s at his house with this devise so he could use my internet

i think that might be a little far away

do a test if you have a wifi phone connect to yr wifi and walk down the street

when you disconnect that is the distance you can expect

my iphone i can connect no more than 2 houses away

Larry-G
03-10-11, 10:59
if it were just your house a vast open space then his house you could easily rig something up to cover that distance however in the confines of a ordinary street you will be very limited due to the signal having to pass through walls and cars etc.

Sicilian
03-10-11, 11:02
Hi,

I think that would be too far through buildings etc...

I've been testing with router upstairs, front of house and Tenda W150M connect to receiver at the furthest point at rear of house, been excellent. Vonets adapters where always hit & miss, Tenda W150M is great :D

abdul.jabbar
03-10-11, 12:15
Ok guys thanks for all the replys..
When my kid comes home i will try the ipod toutch to get a very rough idea

sivhead
04-10-11, 20:04
I take it this will work on Sony Bravia TV's to get bbc iplayer working ? Instead of using sonys expensive USB Dongle

nibb
04-10-11, 20:49
Cant seen to get this to work with my Vu+ Duo! :(

Sicilian
04-10-11, 22:14

Have you read the setup guide? It needs to be configured on a pc before connecting to your Duo. What part are you stuck on?

Sicilian
05-10-11, 04:38

Another pointer, when you first connect to your receiver you need to restart the receiver to renew the ip address.

nibb
05-10-11, 09:21
Another pointer, when you first connect to your receiver you need to restart the receiver to renew the ip address.

Ive followed it to the letter as far as I can see.

I assume the SSID of the bridge needs to match the SSID of your internet connection yes?

I will give it aniother go tonight as Im not sure Ive done a full restart since installing it.

Sicilian
05-10-11, 10:33
Ive followed it to the letter as far as I can see.

I assume the SSID of the bridge needs to match the SSID of your internet connection yes?

I will give it aniother go tonight as Im not sure Ive done a full restart since installing it.

These bridges work with ANY receiver, if your not getting internet access its becuase you've not configured it correclty. Test on the pc that your configuring the adapter with to check you've configured it correctly.

nibb
05-10-11, 17:52
Sorted - a reboot fixed it!

Working well...it also works on a normal $ly receiver for Anytime! ;)

deano41
06-10-11, 17:56
Just got myself one of these from the sponsor, what a doddle to set up and a great piece of kit.. Thanks for the recommendation...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

9jackson
16-10-11, 12:01
Just bought two of these from the sponsor but cannot make it working.. I have followed the guide.. Tried various things . Still not working
My requirement is to configure this device in a way so that this can repeat the Wifi and also the ip box can connect to this device and get internet connection.
For that the mode Seems to be Client + AP Mode according to the manual . I am putting my settings below .

My Main router is Netgear WGR614v7 Firmware Version-V2.0.23_1.0.23
And the wifi settings are as follows

Tenda Client + AP Settings Below

somehow Internet is not being shared..

When I change the ipv4 settings so that ip can be automatically obtained form the device on computer. It's not getting a right IP..

I have tried rebooting . Still no luck .. Any guidance will be appreciated .. I have been on this for hours now..

Sicilian
16-10-11, 13:19
Are you connecting to a receiver after config of the adapter? Is the receiver set to DHCP?

9jackson
17-10-11, 08:31
Thanks Sicilian..

Sorry was out yesterday afternoon. Will be leaving for work soon.. I haven't connected the adapter to the receiver yet.. I connected the adapter to the pc and set it to receive ip automatically(DHCP) .. which it could not. Can try to connect to receiver if that's the way in the evening.. ..

brendanjoleary
17-10-11, 13:02
Has anyone managed to set this up with a Spiderbox ? I tried yesterday but still not managed to sort it out. Trying to set it up in Client+AP mode

Sicilian
17-10-11, 13:06
Has anyone managed to set this up with a Spiderbox ? I tried yesterday but still not managed to sort it out. Trying to set it up in Client+AP mode

They do work with a spiderbox no probs. Follow the guide, setup on PC first, then set Spiderbox to DHCP and connect to Spiderbox. You will most likely need to reboot the spiderbox after you connect the W150M to it.

silverfox0786
17-10-11, 13:09
i have noticed the spiderbox is notorious for loosing connection

the way i fix it is go to netwrok menu, then to ip and clear it and save so its all 0.0.0.0.

then i restart spiderbox and allow it to reassign the ip address and job done

Larry-G
17-10-11, 13:20
there was a mandatory Ethernet patch released for the spiderbox receivers a few days ago.
try loading that then set up the wifibridge again.

SB 7000

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12091-Mandatory-upgrade-Ethernet-Enhancement-HD-Patches&p=87794#post87794

SB 9000

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12090-Mandatory-upgrade-Ethernet-Enhancement-HD-Patches&p=87791#post87791

9jackson
17-10-11, 23:07
Are you connecting to a receiver after config of the adapter? Is the receiver set to DHCP?

Tried at the friend's place ... for whom i bought these..seems to be working.. i can't understand.. what i did wrong though.. may be something wrong with the base router settings..anyways..thanks..

kegrka
17-10-11, 23:18
Really pleased with my purchase from the site sponsors. got it to set up my old dm7020 . but during testing decide to give it ago on my Panasonic blu ray recorder works a treat ,tried to use another brand before on the panny but it would not power it up ,but the PSU that comes with the Tenda got round that problem ,cables now remove partner thinks well done . and i say thanks to sponsor for quick delivery alls happy :)

GaseousClay
21-10-11, 15:28
I ordered one of these late on wedesday night, it was in the post next day and an hour ago some bloke in a red van whistling a happy tune handed me a package. It's now set up awaiting some shuffling of gadgets around the home.. well done to our site sponsors.:thumbsup:

Larry-G
21-10-11, 17:59
i received mine last weekend and have only just gotten round to setting it up.

now my house has walls easily 2 foot thick and it's a nightmare to get a wifi signal upstairs from my netgear router housed in the livingroom but with this i now have a wifi bridge setup that covers the whole house and most of the back garden too. from start to finnish this took me about 20 minutes and the device it self is so small it just tucks away behind a DM600 in a small back bedroom.

i would highly recomend this product to any one.

Alec
24-10-11, 22:39
I can't get it to obtain a IP address from the router on 2 PC's I have tried, also on DU +. I have a Linksys 54G on a WEP security. I can get into Tenda setup > scan and obtain and accept Linksys wireless data, also put in password for WEP > load the settings and reboot. Put the TCP/ IP back to receive any Ip address automatically, but it searches and unable to find an address. I also have a wireless stand alone USB which I have no problem in finding an Internet connection, after configurations. I have tried all sorts of combinations, but no success. Anyone had it working on WEP security, or other ideas.

Sicilian
25-10-11, 06:15
Yes works fine with WEP security. Make sure all the wifi details are 100% correct, including the channel. Maybe even reboot your router before doing the Tenda setup.

Make sure the Tenda is set to client + ap mode and after you complete the wizard when you going to 192.168.2.1 the Tenda automatically reboots itself to save the settings. With the Tenda still connected to PC set the pc's network card back to DHCP.