PDA

View Full Version : stuck booting [Solved] now setting up

Reidy
27-09-11, 19:40
Got my box,

Plugged it all in and then switched it on.

Got th

e blue xtrend screen for a fee seconds, then t
he box says booting and the screen goes blank.

It was supposed to be pre loaded with vix.

Little bit scared now :(

What can I do? :(

wullboy
27-09-11, 19:46
m8, your gonna have to do a scan to bring in services, if your useing the vix image, menu/setup/service saerching/automatic scan. then set clear before scan to yes [keep feeds ] then scan tuner [ A ] THEN PRESS OK..... make sure you are set to single for your static dish in TUNER CONFIGURATIONS before you scan.....

Reidy
27-09-11, 19:49
But when do I press menu, i haven't pressed anything yet as the front still says booting. I was expecting a menu to come up

wullboy
27-09-11, 20:06
does it show the vix boot logo with the words [ loading ] on it

Reidy
27-09-11, 20:09
No, extend logo, with the box saying et9000.

Then screen goes blank and box says booting

Sicilian
27-09-11, 20:21
You need to wait for the Xtrend starting and loading screens to appear then go through the startup wizard.

wullboy
27-09-11, 20:23
i would have expected to see the image boot logo when booting the box m8, are we sure there is a image on the box [ not that i know the box ] but anytime a box reboots it has to see an image to boot on to, then you would go through the configurations m8 ??

Reidy
27-09-11, 20:26
Im not getting a start up wizard thats the point.

Blue screen with something like 'Extrend, gateway to smart linux tv'

Then blank screen, and the box has Booting on its display.

Reidy
27-09-11, 20:27
Well I ordered with vix

and this was in my email that I got today

We have pre-flashed ViX Team image for you and the latest bootloader ready for the next release of ViX 2.3 that uses a newer file system and linux kernel. So when the new image is released you will not need to flash the bootloader.
When you setup and finish the start up wizard, please update your ViX image. Blue button > VIX > Software update. Your software will be fully updated.

Stanman
27-09-11, 20:29
Have you plugged anything in since receiving the box? How long are you waiting. It may be image has thrown a wobbly in which case a reflash will fix it or something you have added (USB, HDD etc) is the problem.

Reidy
27-09-11, 20:31
no hard drive, no usb, basically i wanted to see it up and running before even going there

I have just downloaded the image from this site, as its been an age and still nothing :(

Reidy
27-09-11, 20:32
i assume i just power off the unit plug in the usb and power on and hope?

Stanman
27-09-11, 20:33
If your confident, can try a reflash, or switch the box off and leave for 10 minutes and retry it if you have not already done it.

Reidy
27-09-11, 20:34
Im not confident, but Ive already powered off and tried again, and each time its been stuck booting for 15+ minutes

Stanman
27-09-11, 20:36
1. Download the image to your desk top
2, extract the file on to your desktop
3. format your USB fat32
4. copy and paste the file ET900K to the USB
5. deep standby the box and switch of from the back and leave for 1 minute
6. Put the USB in the front port
7. Turn on the receiver from the power switch on the back
8. Image will be recognized and when it asks you "do you want to flash image" press OK on the front panel - will need to pull down the cover over the cam slots
9. Let it flash and will reboot of its own accord once done.

Reidy
27-09-11, 20:37
how do i put it in to deep standby? I cant do anything but power off at the back as it stands.

I assume thats ok?

Sicilian
27-09-11, 20:37
Your receiver has been pre-flashed and would have been tested by the sponsor.

What are you getting on the TV screen when you power on? Have you switched to the correct HDMI channel? Have you tested a different HDMI lead?

Reidy
27-09-11, 20:38
And thanks for your help guys, it is much appreciated :)

Reidy
27-09-11, 20:39
Your receiver has been pre-flashed and would have been tested by the sponsor.

What are you getting on the TV screen when you power on? Have you switched to the correct HDMI channel? Have you tested a different HDMI lead?

Well something has gone wrong with it,

I wouldnt get the xtrend screen up if i had the wrong channel selected, and as i said, the display on the box says booting. and continues to say booting.

I've already stated in this thread what comes up on the screen.

Reidy
27-09-11, 20:50
If I relash in attempt to get it working, do I invalidate my warranty?

wullboy
27-09-11, 20:52
no m8, not from the sponsor on here

Reidy
27-09-11, 20:53
Thanks bb, gonna go away and try that then

silverfox0786
27-09-11, 20:54
you wont invalidate yr warranty but the whole point of sicilian asking you about this is when it was shipped to you it would have been preflashed with vix and tested by the sponsor prior to shipping

so again lets start from the begining and please dont get offended this will help us find yr problem

from the moment the courior gave you yr parcel can you tell us what u did step by step each and every detail please

Reidy
27-09-11, 21:00
I unwrapped, put batteries in remote, attached my sat cables, and hdmi, plugged in, and powered up.

saw the blue xtrend screen,
say booting appear on the box, and the blue screen go blank.

I'm not getting offended, just scared that Ive wasted over £300, so patience is very thin.

silverfox0786
27-09-11, 21:05
when u connected the sat cabled did you make sure all power to the box was off

Reidy
27-09-11, 21:09
yup, didnt plug in until i did it

silverfox0786
27-09-11, 21:17
right do me a favour

disconnect all extras even the sat cables after removing power

take it to another tv if you can

plug in a scart lead and turn it on

leave it on for 5 mins see if it boots

then press channel 0 or try to navigate menus

if that works then do same with hdmi lead [remove scart]

then try with sat cables in

make sure the hdd if u have one is removed too

then report back here

Reidy
27-09-11, 21:38
Ok, got a wonderful call from the sponsor who has guided me through a reflash of bootloader and image, and I am on the start up menu now.

Thanks for all your help :)

I'll probably post very soon when I get confused by the set-up.

Apologies for being short with people.

silverfox0786
27-09-11, 21:39
its ok mate

i know the feeling

just glad yr sorted

and 3 big cheers for the sponsor

:D:D:D

wullboy
27-09-11, 21:41
See... there is a santa claus after all m8... nice one & a big cheer for the sponsor

Larry-G
27-09-11, 21:43
agreed. the site sponsor is one in a million. he lurks the halls late at night ready to offer help when ever needed.

Reidy
27-09-11, 21:45
Next question :)

I have an openvix Xtrend ET-9000 Loading....

Box displays dvb service, i know this is something I've done wrong...any ideas/help? :)

Reidy
27-09-11, 21:51
LOL, would of helped if i did the required software update first, thats progressing now :)

I dont spose anyone could provide me a link of where I can get a guide so i can get my box up to speed (with all my inputs) so I can pack away this other HD box I have ;)

Stanman
27-09-11, 21:58
Cams for VIX image http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images

Tutorial to set cams up http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9735-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX

How to set up picons http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9736-How-to-setup-picons-onto-usb-stick-ViX

Bouquet set is in Silvers sig for 28.2E just like sly and best ones out.

Reidy
27-09-11, 21:59
Thanks again guys, and again, Really sorry for how I came across.

silverfox0786
27-09-11, 22:00
it would have been easier to post the link for the poor guy

here you go mate just use the links in my signature

basilyoung
27-09-11, 22:01
are you asking for things like softcams /configs etc ( please do not ask about cs )

also if you are asking about importing files to your unit, you need to use ftp software, ie; filezilla

baz

Stanman
27-09-11, 22:01
its alright mate no need to apologize. Post up if you have any problems.

Reidy
27-09-11, 22:02
Sorry for seeming stupid...I clearly am....but which one of those links Silver?

silverfox0786
27-09-11, 22:04
28.2 E: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8059-ViX-Team-Enigma-2-HD-settings-for-28.2E

picons: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8056-ViX-Team-ALICE-Picons-For-UK-Channels-28.2E-and-DTT-By-Silverfox0786

basilyoung
27-09-11, 22:04
we need to know what it is you need

channel listing?
softcams?
external software needed ( tools )

Reidy
27-09-11, 22:06
are you asking for things like softcams /configs etc ( please do not ask about cs )

also if you are asking about importing files to your unit, you need to use ftp software, ie; filezilla

baz

I think its softcams/configs etc.

I just dont know how to get my stuff working :) cs? I wont be asking, kinda hoping the softcams is what i need to sort myself out :)

Stanman
27-09-11, 22:15
What packages do you have on your card and guess its Sly UK?

Reidy
27-09-11, 22:26
I have all packages on my sly card

I've plugged my usb into the box, and managed to ftp all the picons to the media/usb folder so far

On silvers channel listing there were 2 downloads, are both needed? and where do i dump them?

Also, which ccam should I download from that linked page?

Sorry :(

silverfox0786
27-09-11, 22:29
use this guide to set yr sky card in box

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2758-sly-card-in-vu-duo

snookera
27-09-11, 22:53
Buy a box like this you need to no your stuff, and you clearly don't, you should stick with a non linux box mate you need to no how to FTP to get this box working right

silverfox0786
27-09-11, 22:57
Buy a box like this you need to no your stuff, and you clearly don't, you should stick with a non linux box mate you need to no how to FTP to get this box working right

mind yr tone mate

i was just the same knew f all about linux only a year ago

got a duo and not only did i learn the ropes but am extremly knollegable and highly respected linux box user

so please give everyone a chance

you was once a learner too

basilyoung
27-09-11, 22:58

With respect, everyone needs to start some where, also this is a help thread, and the guy has now bought the unit, so he is on a learning curve, that will seem steep, but will soon, with help, be sorted

Reidy
27-09-11, 23:17
I can FTP, I just need advice on where to FTP to.

I would also say, as long as there are peeps like those that have helped me tonight then as long as I learn and dont ask the same questions repeatedly, then I think its fairly acceptable.

The guys know i'm grateful, or they wouldnt help.

To add, box is currently scanning channels :)

Hopefully just need to know where to stick the channel lists I downloaded :)

punisher
27-09-11, 23:18
Just follow the guide exactly as it is as i used the latest cccam when i did the tutorial. It is in my sig below or the link stanman posted above

punisher
27-09-11, 23:19
U need to use a program like dbedit to tranafer the channel list over. Have a look in Silverfoxs sig theres a link to the tutorial :D

Reidy
28-09-11, 09:32
Well, I seemed to get it working of a fashion.

Will see tonight if all settings have stayed, I do think I may of messed up slightly on getting the channel list sorted, as although they have the correct sly channel next to them, thats not the number that changes channel.

Also need to double check how to get the 7 day epg up and running, as I thought I had got crossepg activated, but think I must of done something wrong, it was getting late, and was more relieved that the box had actually worked tbh :)

Thanks again for the patience guys :)

Sicilian
28-09-11, 09:34

Will see tonight if all settings have stayed, I do think I may of messed up slightly on getting the channel list sorted, as although they have the correct sly channel next to them, thats not the number that changes channel.

Also need to double check how to get the 7 day epg up and running, as I thought I had got crossepg activated, but think I must of done something wrong, it was getting late, and was more relieved that the box had actually worked tbh :)

m8ty, for a complete noobie to linux receivers you've done superb so far. Its a learing curve to start. Give yourself a huge pat on the back, many peeps give up at the first hurdle or are too scared to try something new.

Alias1
28-09-11, 10:49
m8ty, for a complete noobie to linux receivers you've done superb so far. Its a learing curve to start. Give yourself a huge pat on the back, many peeps give up at the first hurdle or are too scared to try something new.
Gotta agree with Sicilian on this one I dont mind helping newbies out; its the bloody leeches that dont accept the advice they are given then blame the equipment that I can't stand

Stanman
28-09-11, 20:11

You need to make sure in the options tab you have "allow duplicates" ticked, otherwise it will lose the sly numbering - the empty channels are need for that purpose

Reidy
29-09-11, 09:41
Thanks, I 'll check that tonight :)

I seem to of got myself up and running - though as things stand, only on 1 tuner.

Just managed to get my external USB HDD formatted to FAT32 this morning, and the box recognised it so I could properly mount it.

So I think what I now need to do is set up a duplicate of folders in HDD2 (my USB HDD) for movies, timeshift and another one I cant recall now)

Once this is done I need to set the recording paths, this should then allow me to record, and use the timeshift facility (hopefully)

I assume if I'm recording something I can just select another channel and it will automatically use the 2nd tuner?

I think once I've got those done it means I'm at the same stage I was with my sly box (essentially) then its a case of just slowly working through the capabilities of box :)

Thanks again for all the help :)

Stanman
29-09-11, 10:22
Dont bother about the movie folder, box will create it when you set you default locations for recording, its in timeshit. You will though need to do the timeshift folder but first initialise your hdd.

As long as you have set up tuner b the same as a, it will use it automatically when A is busy.

Reidy
29-09-11, 16:23
Ah think I need to initialise the HDD, thats through a different menu, and is something different to mounting yes?

Sicilian
29-09-11, 16:26
Ah think I need to initialise the HDD, thats through a different menu, and is something different to mounting yes?

To initialize HDD Menu > Setup > System > Harddisk > Initialize. The to view progress of initilize exit all screens and press blue button. This can take a few minutes depending on HDD size.

Reidy
29-09-11, 17:02
Thanks fella,

I assume that wont initialise my usb with the picons/epg on? or the internal memory bit then?

Sicilian
29-09-11, 17:04
When to go to the Harddisk menu you will see the HDD listed, make sure you choose the HDD and press red button to initialize.

Reidy
29-09-11, 17:13
Cool thanks,

I think it was missing before because I didnt have my drive formatted as FAT32, needed to download a piece of software to allow that.

Thanks again mate, you guys are life savers :)

Reidy
29-09-11, 21:04
Further update :)

Recording works, I can watch another channel, so tuner is ok :)

Timeshift also works :)

Though even when the recording is cancelled I seem to still have the recording symbol on the actual box.

Still not worked out what I'm missing with the channel listing, the channels are in skys order, but I have to input a diff number to get the channel up (channel 1210 is a kids channel which is 614 (i think ;P) )
But at this time, it works ok :)

tomorrows job is move the sky box upstairs so we can finish watching all our recorded rubbish :)

Stanman
29-09-11, 21:14
There is a buffer built into the recording, so you will get the red icon 5 minutes after the scheduled time lapses.

If you can do a screen dump of your channel list. If you use Silvers settings with the allow duplicate enabled than 501 will take you to SKY news and 105 to Channel 5, if its not doing it for you something has been gone wrong.

Reidy
29-09-11, 21:38
Ah, well I havent allowed duplicates, unless its on by default, and also not entirely sure i uploaded it correctly from dreamboxedit (or whatever its called)

I'll look for that setting next time its powered on :)

silverfox0786
29-09-11, 21:40
here is a video tutorial

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10938-How-to-upload-VIX-Silverfox0786-bougets-to-E2&p=79906#post79906

Reidy
29-09-11, 23:50
Thanks matey, I think I had the wrong channel listing downloaded initially :)

It now shows correctly in DBEdit, if I just FTP that across will it remove the existing ones? or add to them?

basilyoung
30-09-11, 00:00
think it will over write your files...it wont do any harm so go for it

silverfox0786
30-09-11, 00:07
as punisher says he is correct it will over write all old ones with new ones

basilyoung
30-09-11, 00:09
put your glasses on foxy

but nice to get ahead of you for once :thumbsup:

Reidy
30-09-11, 00:16
Cheers guys, once I get that FTP'd across tomorrow then I will be sorted then :)

basilyoung
30-09-11, 00:18
yep...excuss foxy..its late...and hope you enjot the forum/unit

baz

Reidy
30-09-11, 00:38
The forum is excellent, cant get over quite how helpful peeps have been.

The unit isnt quite up and running yet - I've basically just had it up while I get it all sorted, once its good to go fully then sly box will move upstairs and the Xtrend will take its place :)

Reidy
30-09-11, 00:39
Just a quick question, the ET9000 has loopthrough for both tuners, and a cable in the box (i think) what actually is that?

silverfox0786
30-09-11, 00:41
the loopthrough is for looping to another box like the slybox then put xtrend in standby and use sly box on same coaxial cable

as for the other cable im guessing its the sata cable for connecting the hdd inside the box

Reidy
30-09-11, 00:49
Sorry, nope not Sata, i mean i think theres a loopthrough cable provided.

Why would you want to put a box in standby and use a different box?

silverfox0786
30-09-11, 01:01
thats a UHF lead a little black one right

dunno why its in there but i got one too

completely pointless as there is no UHF on the box

using a loop means you can use 2 boxes on 1 cable

mainly used for testing or if you have 2 boxes for different things

like a official sly italia box and official cyfra+ both run on 13E so one cable and a loop is perfect

Stanman
30-09-11, 19:00
Cheers guys, once I get that FTP'd across tomorrow then I will be sorted then :)

Dont forget to enable allow duplicates:thumbsup:

olerocker
04-10-11, 15:28
Just a quick question, the ET9000 has loopthrough for both tuners, and a cable in the box (i think) what actually is that?

The loopthrough cable is for looping tuner A to tuner B if you only have one cable coming from your dish.

The main reason for this is that each tuner can only handle 2 dvb streams at a time so you can watch 1 channel and write another.
by using the loopthrough cable though you can watch 1 channel and write 3 more.
You configure this in the satellite configuration menu on tuner B telling it "loopthrough from A".

It looks like a UHF cab,e but it is not.

Alias1
04-10-11, 21:04
The loopthrough cable is for looping tuner A to tuner B if you only have one cable coming from your dish.

The main reason for this is that each tuner can only handle 2 dvb streams at a time so you can watch 1 channel and write another.
by using the loopthrough cable though you can watch 1 channel and write 3 more.
You configure this in the satellite configuration menu on tuner B telling it "loopthrough from A".
It looks like a UHF cab,e but it is not.
That is correct but with one provision, they have to be on the same polarization ie V or H :)

Larry-G
04-10-11, 21:14
yes as Alias1 has said the loop through feature does allow you some extra recording options but it's never going to be any where near as good as having a dedicated feed for each tuner, which is what you really want if you are using a receiver with dual or more tuners as in the case of the upcoming Vu+Ultimo.

olerocker
05-10-11, 09:49
That is correct but with one provision, they have to be on the same polarization ie V or H :)

Yes of course you are absolutely correct, i forgot to mention this.
Thanks Alias1

fsk2012
14-06-12, 20:18
Hi
I bought My xtrend fre weeks ago and i got the problem and My box i not geting menu and stucks with the screen showing the gateway to smart linux i ve Tried with unpluging it and every Step which u asked to do in the start of this thread and now im really worried about it.
Can someone help me figure it out