PDA

View Full Version : VLC Media player HD programme problem

jassie
27-09-11, 15:08
I have downloaded the VLC player on my laptop so I can ftp programmes from my vu+ to the laptop to watch at work, but what I find is the sd stuff works fine where as the HD gives problems. The audio is normal but the picture stops and starts, is there a fix for this at all? many thanks:p

xarqi
28-09-11, 02:35
Sounds like a processor speed limitation. What's the laptop? Any processor-hogging applications running concurrently?

irishchris
28-09-11, 08:24
Used to have probs with old vlc version. Try latest or latest windows media player but if probs still exist then unfortunately sounds like struggling processor.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

deckymckeown
30-09-11, 14:19
I have downloaded the VLC player on my laptop so I can ftp programmes from my vu+ to the laptop to watch at work, but what I find is the sd stuff works fine where as the HD gives problems. The audio is normal but the picture stops and starts, is there a fix for this at all? many thanks:p

Could be processor problem as others have stated to you, but for me when i had this problem, it was the upload speed of my internet.

I changed to 50meg Vir**n media and was able to view HD channels internally and externally via vlc, as the upload speed increased to around 5mbps.. It worked for a while and then for some reason (possibly due to virmin media throttling the upload speed) i am now only getting 1.5mbps upload speed and hence the problem viewing HD channels has returned, SD channels are fine.

So there you go, thats what i found the problem to be, but of course your issue could be different

xarqi
01-10-11, 00:11
Could be processor problem as others have stated to you, but for me when i had this problem, it was the upload speed of my internet.

I changed to 50meg Vir**n media and was able to view HD channels internally and externally via vlc, as the upload speed increased to around 5mbps.. It worked for a while and then for some reason (possibly due to virmin media throttling the upload speed) i am now only getting 1.5mbps upload speed and hence the problem viewing HD channels has returned, SD channels are fine.

So there you go, thats what i found the problem to be, but of course your issue could be different
I'm quite sure it is different. Files are copied via FTP to the laptop (presumably on a LAN), and watched later offline. Where does upload speed have any role?

deckymckeown
04-10-11, 13:48
I'm quite sure it is different. Files are copied via FTP to the laptop (presumably on a LAN), and watched later offline. Where does upload speed have any role?

yes xarqi you are right, sorry i misread the intial post, i thought it was relating to streaming, rather than actually having the files copied over first, my mistake....

jassie
05-10-11, 00:10
thanks for the advice guys, I will try and see if I can use the windows media player:thumbsup: