PDA

View Full Version : Clock on VFD

Rimmel
27-09-11, 12:36
Is there any way to get the Clock on the VFD (hoping the VFD is the front display panel lol) when not in standby?? Very handy for bedroom mode.

thanks
CT

silverfox0786
27-09-11, 12:51
in standby mode its on clock and date

just set yr receiver to auto standby and it will display clock

Rimmel
27-09-11, 15:14
Where is the setting for auto standby? I have been looking but can't spot it.

punisher
27-09-11, 15:31
Menu/setup/vix/power manager

Rimmel
27-09-11, 16:35
Ah there's been some confusion I think.

Is there any way to get the Clock on the VFD (hoping the VFD is the front display panel lol) when not in standby??

e.g in normal running mode. I know it goes to the clock in standby.

Perhaps something for a future feature - e.g still have the icons for recording and show the channel on channel change etc, but after X amount of seconds the channel disapears and is replaced by the clock. like i say handy for the bedroom and preferable to having a permanent clock on the screen.

silverfox0786
27-09-11, 17:48
Ah there's been some confusion I think.

Is there any way to get the Clock on the VFD (hoping the VFD is the front display panel lol) when not in standby??

e.g in normal running mode. I know it goes to the clock in standby.

Perhaps something for a future feature - e.g still have the icons for recording and show the channel on channel change etc, but after X amount of seconds the channel disapears and is replaced by the clock. like i say handy for the bedroom and preferable to having a permanent clock on the screen.

no thats not possible and even in future

the VFD is there for that very reason to give you an extended display of the TV Screen

so when in operational mode it will give you thne channel you are on aor the menu item you are in

so its a bit silly to have it on clock all the time when andy has gone to sooooo much trouble and effort to get the VFD displaying exactly as it should when navigating yr box