PDA

View Full Version : HD glass upgrade without reinstall.

Rimmel
26-09-11, 11:56
I've noticed a newer version of HD Glass in the skins section - I already have HD glass in installed on 3 boxes. Is there a way to FTP on and upgrade the skin without having to resort to uninstalling and reinstalling the whole skin? As to get it to how I want it to look can take 30 minutes oper box.

Is it a simple case of replacing the HD glass folder on the box? If that should be the case I suppose the files in unpackaged format would be needed...

thanks
CT

silverfox0786
26-09-11, 12:07
I think you can install over and it updates the existing one as long as the versions are incremented properly

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

punisher
26-09-11, 16:04
Yeh it just upgrades the version u have on ir box, keeping all the settings

Larry-G
26-09-11, 16:57
you dont have to uninstall the skin to update it. just install using the newer .ipk file and it will update your existing setup.

Rimmel
27-09-11, 10:38
Thanks worked a treat :thumbsup:

Still got a problem with my mates VU+ Duo running ViX latest and HD glass: on clean screen pressing the left or right button on remote (the ones next to the OK button).

Any ideas?

thanks
CT

Edit: perhaps better in the Vu+ forums section - sorry

punisher
27-09-11, 10:47
Which version of hd glass skin u using? A couple of us beta testers wer getting this a few versions bak but is now workin. Try the latest version of glass hd skin, if that doesnt fix it then maybe it was a vix issue and should be working in next release.

Rimmel
27-09-11, 11:02
It was in 3.26 but upgraded it last night. The picture is from 3.44.

thanks
CT

punisher
27-09-11, 11:05
Yeh i think ull have to wait for next vix release or revertback to the older version of glass hd in the meantime

Rimmel
27-09-11, 11:08
The older verison was the same :cool:

He'll have to manage with it until the next release of vix.

thanks