PDA

View Full Version : vu duo noisy fan?

souroull
26-09-11, 09:35
a few months back, my duo developed what i'd describe as a whiny/clicky fan (slightly noisier than normal but a tad annoying nevertheless). I didnt think much of it since it was just the fan but when i popped it open to clean it out yesterday (since i will be selling it soon) i noticed that the sound may even be coming from the power supply.... having no moving parts i dont see how its possible, but i thought i'd ask if anyone else experienced this problem

silverfox0786
26-09-11, 09:49
Nit seen this issue but known it to be in other things

Looks like your caps are humming maybe

Or it could be your power supply coil plates vibrating from the electical current entering which could be resisters are failing and allowing too much current into power supply

That means they are on their way out

But don't quote me on this

That's just from past experience in other appliances

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

souroull
26-09-11, 10:46
thanks for the input

i confirmed that its the fan. I stuck something thru the back and stopped it and the whine was 100% gone

i'm now relieved hehe

silverfox0786
26-09-11, 11:16
That's good mate a fan replacement is cheaper than a powersupply one although if you know how you can buy cap and res kits for generic PSUs

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

borg
05-12-12, 21:00
This happened to me, I noticed with the top cover off the fan was back to normal noise level put the cover back on level raised again. Sorted this by installing anti vibration washers between fan and back panel, you can get them off eBay.