PDA

View Full Version : VU+ UNO help needed please

DeGea468
24-09-11, 21:17
Hello

I' am new to sat receivers and I've been doing a lot of research into it as i want a quality receiver
I have done a lot of research into the Dreambox 800HDse (first i heard about) and i know how to set it all up, i know the image i want (newnigma2) and how to install it etc I want the genuine box from an authorized seller and not a clone
However i have now come across the VU+ UNO which people on forums I've looked at say its better than the 800HDse

Is the VU+ UNO really better than the 800 HDse?

I know how to install an image to the VU+ UNO (usb) but is there other images apart from the VIX and blackhole? which is the best/has the most features?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Stanman
24-09-11, 21:22
:hello: and :welcome: You wont go wrong with the UNO it is imho better than the DM. If you want more bangs for your bucks, the VU+ DUO and Xtrend XT900 is also worthy boxes and unlike the UNO are twin tuners. As they are more established boxes, therefor have more images for them than the uno.

Whatever you decide don't forget to check out forum sponsors.

silverfox0786
24-09-11, 21:23
Vu uno has a faster processor more ram more memory bigger VFD etc etc etc

and is far cheaper to buy

pli egami and many other teams do suppport it but i bet if u tried vix you wont want the rest

Larry-G
24-09-11, 21:39
both i and silverfox own a Uno silverfox also owns a DM800 and i would without hesitation every time recommend a Uno over any dreambox. and i'm not against dreamboxes i have several my self

DeGea468
24-09-11, 21:47
:hello: and :welcome: You wont go wrong with the UNO it is imho better than the DM. If you want more bangs for your bucks, the VU+ DUO and Xtrend XT900 is also worthy boxes and unlike the UNO are twin tuners. As they are more established boxes, therefor have more images for them than the uno.

Whatever you decide don't forget to check out forum sponsors.

Vu uno has a faster processor more ram more memory bigger VFD etc etc etc

and is far cheaper to buy

pli egami and many other teams do suppport it but i bet if u tried vix you wont want the rest

both i and silverfox own a Uno silverfox also owns a DM800 and i would without hesitation every time recommend a Uno over any dreambox. and i'm not against dreamboxes i have several my self
Thank you all for your replies

Looks like i'll be getting the VU+ UNO based on your replies and comments I've seen on other elsewhere etc and okay then i'll check out your sponsors.

I assume the VU+ UNO box in your sponsors store is genuine? Are they authorized sellers? sorry if i'm being overly cautious its just there's lots of clone receivers floating around.

What are the key features about the ViX image?

There's some other questions i wanted to ask but in your rules it said that you can't discuss it :(.. Would i be able to PM 1 of you to ask them?

Also whats the difference between

ViX Team Vu+ Uno Image: v2.2

and

ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E & UK DTT HERE
ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E
ViX Team Enigma 2 SD settings for 28.2E
ViX Team Enigma I SD settings for 28.2E

Larry-G
24-09-11, 21:50
ViX Team Vu+ Uno Image: v2.2 is the image the receiver runs or its operating system if you like the others are bouquet packs or channel lists premade so you dont have to scan them your self

DeGea468
24-09-11, 21:54
ViX Team Vu+ Uno Image: v2.2 is the image the receiver runs or its operating system if you like the others are bouquet packs or channel lists premade so you dont have to scan them your self

Oh right okay then i see.

Whats DTT stand for?

Would i need both the SD and HD settings?

Larry-G
24-09-11, 21:59
DTT is for digital terrestrial television. the HD settings contain both SD and HD channel settings where as the SD settings only contain the SD channels.

DeGea468
24-09-11, 22:11
DTT is for digital terrestrial television. the HD settings contain both SD and HD channel settings where as the SD settings only contain the SD channels.I understand now thank you pheonix, I'll download that.

Is there any PC software i should download to help set up/configure the VU+ UNO box?

Whats the difference between the two HD setting? one says 'HD SWAP'?

Larry-G
24-09-11, 22:52
you may need something such as dreamset or dreambox edit to load the bouquet to your receiver and a ftp program.

as for the difference between the HD and HD swap bouquets. a little time ago sky uk changed the line up of some of it's HD channels to take place of their SD counterparts. the HD swap i believe follows this new format and the standard HD pack follow the older lineup. ( i may have that the wrong way around though but thats the basics of it )

DeGea468
24-09-11, 23:10
you may need something such as dreamset or dreambox edit to load the bouquet to your receiver and a ftp program.

as for the difference between the HD and HD swap bouquets. a little time ago sky uk changed the line up of some of it's HD channels to take place of their SD counterparts. the HD swap i believe follows this new format and the standard HD pack follow the older lineup. ( i may have that the wrong way around though but thats the basics of it )

Oh right okay then i have 'DreamBoxEdit-3.0.0.0-setup.exe' i downloaded it the other day and i have also downloaded a FTP program as well.

Yes i remember Sky doing that so the sky HD channels would be easier to find. I think the HD SWAP follows the new format as well.

Would i be able to preview the channel list prior to loading it onto the VU+ UNO?

Can you do the same sky+ features with the UNO? Pause, forward, rewind, record etc?

Rob van der Does
25-09-11, 06:13
DreamBoxEdit 3.0 is very old: development has stopped and taken over by another team. It's DBE 4.1.0.1 you should use (see here (http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=135894)).

Personally I prefer using DreamSet (Downloade here (http://www.dreamset-editor.com/)), but just try them both (and thee are more out there).

Which image to use is really a personal matter: just try a number of them and see for yourself (although I'm pretty sure you will end up using ViX :D )

DeGea468
25-09-11, 10:53
DreamBoxEdit 3.0 is very old: development has stopped and taken over by another team. It's DBE 4.1.0.1 you should use (see here (http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=135894)).

Personally I prefer using DreamSet (Downloade here (http://www.dreamset-editor.com/)), but just try them both (and thee are more out there).

Which image to use is really a personal matter: just try a number of them and see for yourself (although I'm pretty sure you will end up using ViX :D )Thank you for that i have downloaded the up to date version and Dreamset, I'll try them both out.

I came across Vu+ Control Centre? do i need this?

Also do i need 'softcam'? i'm not sure if i need it.

I'll try ViX first :thumbsup: and probably stick with it, there is only a couple of others that I've found (unlike the 800HDse where i found loads of images, but only like 4-5 were right up there as the best). I don't wan't to keep installing images and having to re-configure etc plus wouldn't want to risk messing the box up when i buy it.

Stanman
25-09-11, 11:14
Yes you will need a softcam and the vix image ones can be downloaded from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images and how to install them here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9735-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX

As for your earlier question about clones, with the Dreambox unfortunately clones are the preeminent box for sale on most site but as yet no clones exist for any of the VU+ models or Xtrend ones.

DeGea468
25-09-11, 12:18
Yes you will need a softcam and the vix image ones can be downloaded from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images and how to install them here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9735-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX

As for your earlier question about clones, with the Dreambox unfortunately clones are the preeminent box for sale on most site but as yet no clones exist for any of the VU+ models or Xtrend ones.Thank you Stanman, i went to the link however there's 17 different files although i do recognize a few. Which ones do i need?

I noticed on a lot of websites they are selling the clone 800HDse it was pretty much every site i found and ebay/amazon, Was surprised at how many clones are being sold vs the genuine box.

Stanman
25-09-11, 12:20
The softcam is personal choice but as your starting out I would suggest CCcam - either one will be OK

DeGea468
25-09-11, 13:15
The softcam is personal choice but as your starting out I would suggest CCcam - either one will be OKOkay then and based on the research i've done cccam is what i need but thought there might be others.

which is the newest?

enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk (i think this one)

or

enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk

Is there any useful plugins that you and others would recommend?

world-of-satellite.co.uk
25-09-11, 13:24
Thank you all for your replies

Looks like i'll be getting the VU+ UNO based on your replies and comments I've seen on other elsewhere etc and okay then i'll check out your sponsors.

I assume the VU+ UNO box in your sponsors store is genuine? Are they authorized sellers? sorry if i'm being overly cautious its just there's lots of clone receivers floating around.

What are the key features about the ViX image?

There's some other questions i wanted to ask but in your rules it said that you can't discuss it :(.. Would i be able to PM 1 of you to ask them?

Also whats the difference between

ViX Team Vu+ Uno Image: v2.2

and

ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E & UK DTT HERE
ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E
ViX Team Enigma 2 SD settings for 28.2E
ViX Team Enigma I SD settings for 28.2E

Just to clarify, yes we are authorised resellers of VU+. We only stock genuine receviers of any brand with full warranty. We do not entertain clones in any way, shape or form. The VU+ Uno's are in stock ready for dispatch ;)

DeGea468
26-09-11, 12:32
Hi again

I wanted a 7day guide with synopsis/program description if possible, I've been told about 'coolepg' and 'weekepg' and came across one called 'satman' (i think its called)

Which is the best/most reliable? which will best give the sky+ experience as thats what i'm use to.

Also i'm i right to think that the 'skins' control the look/style of the guide and the image controls the overall look of the UI?

Is there any useful plugins that are recommended?

Rob van der Does
26-09-11, 12:53
Cool EPG is a plugin, providing a specific EPG-look. Using ViX as image, this one is not needed, as ViX has a simular (but much faster) EPG.
Satman is part of XMLTV-import: a plugin, but default present in ViX.
Skins can controll the look of many items, including EPG-presentation.

The bottom line is: ViX provides a near-complete image, so not many plugins are needed.
But you will have to find out for yourself if you want to add any plugin.
My advise: Meteoviewer + Shoutcast.

DeGea468
26-09-11, 13:37
Cool EPG is a plugin, providing a specific EPG-look. Using ViX as image, this one is not needed, as ViX has a simular (but much faster) EPG.
Satman is part of XMLTV-import: a plugin, but default present in ViX.
Skins can controll the look of many items, including EPG-presentation.

The bottom line is: ViX provides a near-complete image, so not many plugins are needed.
But you will have to find out for yourself if you want to add any plugin.
My advise: Meteoviewer + Shoutcast.

Thanks for your reply to my questions.

What does Meteoviewer and shoutcast do?

also what is crossepg? and is it already in the ViX image?

silverfox0786
26-09-11, 13:45
Crossepg is the epg handler that downloads epg data and then vixepg is the GUI that shows it on yr screen

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

DeGea468
26-09-11, 14:31
Crossepg is the epg handler that downloads epg data and then vixepg is the GUI that shows it on yr screen

Sent from my iPhone 4 using TapatalkThanks i understand that.

Where can i look at/download more GUI's for the epg?

Can i use skins from the Solo, Duo section on the Uno? as there are only 3 in the Uno skins section.

Sicilian
26-09-11, 14:36
Best to use the skins in the plugin feeds whilst using the receiver, although many skins are cross compatible, even some from the Xtrend receivers.

The ViX image has all the EPG features you'll ever need.

Dont forget to checkout our sponsor.

Larry-G
26-09-11, 14:46
most skins for E2 will work happily on the uno providing you dont use any intended for the blackhole image on vix as they will cause a green screen crash.

DeGea468
26-09-11, 15:02
Best to use the skins in the plugin feeds whilst using the receiver, although many skins are cross compatible, even some from the Xtrend receivers.

The ViX image has all the EPG features you'll ever need.

Dont forget to checkout our sponsor.

most skins for E2 will work happily on the uno providing you dont use any intended for the blackhole image on vix as they will cause a green screen crash.

Thanks for both your replies.

Is there many plugin skins on the receiver to choose from?

Can i use any picicon set with any skin/epg?

Okay then thanks for the heads up on the green screen crash, i'll make sure to avoid that.

Sicilian
26-09-11, 15:05
Thanks for both your replies.

Is there many plugin skins on the receiver to choose from?

Okay then thanks for the heads up on the green screen crash, i'll make sure to avoid that.

There are quite a few, different images use different skins.

DeGea468
26-09-11, 15:14
There are quite a few, different images use different skins.
Okay then that's good there quite a few to pick and kk i understand.

Can i use any picicon set with any skin/epg?

silverfox0786
26-09-11, 15:25
Yes u can along as they support picons within skin

Larry-G
26-09-11, 17:00
yes as silverfox has said as long as the skin supports picons you can use any picons as long as there in the same format ie 100 pixels x 60 pixels for the HD boxes.

DeGea468
26-09-11, 17:28
Yes u can along as they support picons within skin

yes as silverfox has said as long as the skin supports picons you can use any picons as long as there in the same format ie 100 pixels x 60 pixels for the HD boxes.

Thanks and thanks for everyone that replied much appreciated, i'll get my Vu+ Uno soon :D and hopefully should be a walk in the park to set up as i'm a tech head and all the research has helped me understand things better.

DeGea468
06-10-11, 00:00
Hi all

Q, How do i rewind & forward? i have searched the forums and i have turned on PTS but it still doesn't work?

Q, Also is a 8/16GB usb for timeshift 100% needed? will 4GB do? does timeshift always store data?

Rob van der Does
06-10-11, 05:56
.....you can use any picons as long as there in the same format ie 100 pixels x 60 pixels for the HD boxes.
Even the size is not very important, as ViX will scale them for you to fit in the space allocated by the skin.

Q, How do i rewind & forward? i have searched the forums and i have turned on PTS but it still doesn't work?

Q, Also is a 8/16GB usb for timeshift 100% needed? will 4GB do? does timeshift always store data?
Just by the FForward/FBackward key.
And the required size for the timeshift USB depends on how long your timeshift is going to be and on which channel. BBC-HD i.e. will use a lot of space in a short time. You're not planning to use a HDD?

Larry-G
06-10-11, 06:32
You can use a usb stick for time shifting but its not the recommended media to use due to poor read and write speeds.

It's best to use a usb stick for picons backups and epg data and a HDD for time shift and general PVR functions.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

DeGea468
06-10-11, 12:05
Even the size is not very important, as ViX will scale them for you to fit in the space allocated by the skin.

Just by the FForward/FBackward key.
And the required size for the timeshift USB depends on how long your timeshift is going to be and on which channel. BBC-HD i.e. will use a lot of space in a short time. You're not planning to use a HDD?

When i press the rewind or forward i get the No entry sign (http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Delete--No-entry-sign-psd39034.png) in the right hand corner. pause and play work.

Oh guess i read information that maybe isn't total right. Which was time-shift is better on a USB and yes i have a 2Tb HDD which came pre-installed.

You can use a usb stick for time shifting but its not the recommended media to use due to poor read and write speeds.

It's best to use a usb stick for picons backups and epg data and a HDD for time shift and general PVR functions.

Sent from my HTC Desire using TapatalkThanks for that i'll use these tips, just need to get time-shift working properly :confused:.

DeGea468
07-10-11, 11:19
Hi

Any ideas on how to get rewind & forward to work?

I have searched and done what i found which is to turn on PTS which i have done but still doesn't work.

Thanks in advance

Rob van der Does
07-10-11, 11:38
Be assured: if I/we had any idea what is wrong with your box we really would have told you. The fact that you can't find info is also an indication that this is not a common problem.
Did you try to reflash without any settings restored, and see if PTS works out-of-the-box?

DeGea468
07-10-11, 15:25
Be assured: if I/we had any idea what is wrong with your box we really would have told you. The fact that you can't find info is also an indication that this is not a common problem.
Did you try to reflash without any settings restored, and see if PTS works out-of-the-box?Nope i haven't yet re-flashed, i wanted that to be last resort option as i don't want to lose my set up.

I do notice that on the front of the receiver the display has 'REC' lit up, i'd have thought it shouldn't be like that unless i was actually recording right? Maybe if the reciever thinks its recording then it may not allow for the forward/rewind to work?

Larry-G
07-10-11, 15:31
you can make a full backup of your current setup including all settings and plugins that you can go back to easily using
Blue button > VIX / Then use the image manager and backup manager. you can also customize exactly what is backed up using the menu button while in the backup manager menu.

Rob van der Does
07-10-11, 15:49
The "Rec" icon means that the box is recording. Timeshift and Streaming (to another box or PC) also count count as recordings.

DeGea468
07-10-11, 16:56
you can make a full backup of your current setup including all settings and plugins that you can go back to easily using
Blue button > VIX / Then use the image manager and backup manager. you can also customize exactly what is backed up using the menu button while in the backup manager menu.Sweet :thumbsup: i'll have a look at that thanks.

EDIT: i wasn't able to customize via the menu button

The "Rec" icon means that the box is recording. Timeshift and Streaming (to another box or PC) also count count as recordings.How can it be recording? i haven't set it to record :confused: when i put the receiver into stand by and then out of stand by the 'REC' on the display isn't lit up but after like a few seconds it lights up.

could the receiver thinking its recording be why the forward/rewind don't work and i get the 'no entry' in the top right and corner?

Larry-G
07-10-11, 16:58
Sweet :thumbsup: i'll have a look at that thanks.

How can it be recording? i haven't set it to record :confused: when i put the box into stand by and then out of stand by the 'REC' isn't lit up but after like a few seconds it lights up

because if you have permanent timeshift enabled the box is recording the channel your watching within a few seconds of you turning to it. that is essentially what PTS is.

Rob van der Does
07-10-11, 17:00
How can it be recording? i haven't set it to record :confused: when i put the box into stand by and then out of stand by the 'REC' isn't lit up but after like a few seconds it lights up
As I said: timeshift is also being treated as a recording. And PTS is by default set to start after 5 seconds, so that seems to match.

DeGea468
07-10-11, 17:08
because if you have permanent timeshift enabled the box is recording the channel your watching within a few seconds of you turning to it. that is essentially what PTS is.

As I said: timeshift is also being treated as a recording. And PTS is by default set to start after 5 seconds, so that seems to match.Oh right i see, so the fact that PTS is enabled means that the 'REC' will allows be lit on the display. I was thinking that it should be lit when recording or PTS is actually being used (not just enabled).. Looks like i'm back to square one and look like i'll have to re-flash :(

Rob van der Does
07-10-11, 17:13
I was thinking that it should be lit when recording or PTS is actually being used (not just enabled).
Enabling PTS = using PTS (unless the box is in standby of course). That's were the "P" comes from :D

DeGea468
07-10-11, 18:09
Re-flashing didn't work.. after the flash (without restoring back up's) i still couldn't rewind or fast forward :confused: still gives me the 'no entry' top right hand corner.. I have seen other threads on this forums with this problem and on other forums with no real fix :confused:

Rob van der Does
07-10-11, 18:39
The problems I know of are about non-ViX images.
Anyway: if you are using an actual ViX-image, flash it and use it out-of-the-box I really can't see why it doesn't work. I never heard of. or experienced this problem before.

So: I'm really very sorry, but I can't be of help.

DeGea468
07-10-11, 19:44
The reciever came with a pre-installed ViX Image but i have since re-flashed with the ViX image from the link in silverfox0786's signature for the Vu+ Uno in case there was any chance the image before wasn't ViX which i'm sure it was.

Its fine no worries, thanks anyway

Huevos
08-10-11, 13:55
I occassionally get the fast forward/rewind problems. Easiest way around it seems to be use the number buttons to step through the recording. 4 & 6 jump backwards/forward 1 minute at a time... and 7 & 9 jump backwards/forward 5 minute at a time.

DeGea468
08-10-11, 16:57
I occassionally get the fast forward/rewind problems. Easiest way around it seems to be use the number buttons to step through the recording. 4 & 6 jump backwards/forward 1 minute at a time... and 7 & 9 jump backwards/forward 5 minute at a time.Thanks for that Huevos i'll test that out.

DeGea468
12-10-11, 21:34
Hi

Q, Do i need both CrossEPG (Rytec UK XMLTV) and OpenTV (Sky UK OpenTV - Astra2 on 28.2) enabled?

Q, Also when i press 'TV' on the remote its brings up the bouquets, I can preview channels without fully zapping to the channel which is useful.. However if i zap to a channel from here and then later on use the 'EPG' button on the remote to change channel (which brings up the TV guide) then later on again i use the 'TV' on the remote its kicks me back to the channel i last zapped to on the bouquets which is pain, is there a way to stop this so the bouquets w/ Preview opens on the channel currently being watched? That way it doesn't kick me to a different channel.

Stanman
12-10-11, 22:02
1. Choice only one, if you have fixed sky, than opentv is the best one imho

2. You've lost me

DeGea468
12-10-11, 23:05
okay, can i delete the stored epg files for Rytec UK XMLTV or is it still needed for OpenTV?

'TV' on the remote brings up the bouquets list w/ channel preview.. Is there a way to set up the bouquets so that when i use it via the 'TV' button it doesn't kick me to a different channel in the preview? but shows the preview of the channel actually being watched at the time, like the EPG

DeGea468
13-10-11, 00:13
Update:

When i press up or down it brings up the bouquets channel list w/ channel preview while keeping the current channel in the preview.. Why can't the 'TV' bouquets list w/ channel preview do the same?

Rob van der Does
13-10-11, 01:54
okay, can i delete the stored epg files for Rytec UK XMLTV or is it still needed for OpenTV?
Not sure, but why would you want to do that?

'TV' on the remote brings up the bouquets list w/ channel preview.. Is there a way to set up the bouquets so that when i use it via the 'TV' button it doesn't kick me to a different channel in the preview? but shows the preview of the channel actually being watched at the time, like the EPG
Apparently you have set the function of the TV-button to "Bouquet List". If you set it to Channel List it wil give you the behavior you want (Menu --> Setup --> System --> Button setup --> TV button mode --> Channel List).

DeGea468
13-10-11, 15:17
Not sure, but why would you want to do that?To delete files that are no longer needed as i won't be using XMLTV no more, I deleted them and got OpenTV epg files instead as i'll be using that.

Apparently you have set the function of the TV-button to "Bouquet List". If you set it to Channel List it wil give you the behavior you want (Menu --> Setup --> System --> Button setup --> TV button mode --> Channel List).Thanks but I've tried that and it still does the same thing as bouquets list w/ channel preview.

Huevos
13-10-11, 16:57
okay, can i delete the stored epg files for Rytec UK XMLTV or is it still needed for OpenTV?There aren't any stored files from Rytec. The box just downloads the data, parses it, then writes the info to the EPG database, same as with OpenTV.

DeGea468
13-10-11, 20:45
Oh right okay i didn't know that, I assumed the XMLTV files in the crossepg folder wouldn't be needed anymore

DeGea468
23-10-11, 00:29
Hi again

I was wondering as i didn't want to just install it as i don't want to mess my receiver up.

1) Can i install MGcamD on the ViX 2.2.100?

2) What's the latest version? 1.35a?

I found a guide on how to install it doing a search on these forums but its for the DUO,

3) will the guide work for the UNO?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10433-Noob-guide-to-setting-up-MGcamD-on-VU-Duo-with-Vix-image

4) Is there a way i can install this direct from the receiver?

Thanks in advance

Larry-G
23-10-11, 05:34
any tutorial written for the Duo for installing for example softcams will work fine with the uno. as for directly installing via the receiver, we dont house softcams on our update server so you have to install them manually of maybe try the princes panel etc.

DeGea468
23-10-11, 06:11
Thanks for your reply

Will I be able to switch between multiple cfg's with mgcam? Like you can with cccam.

Larry-G
23-10-11, 06:15
Thanks for your reply

Will I be able to switch between multiple cfg's with mgcam? Like you can with cccam.

no idea to be honest, it's easily been 7 years since i last used MGcam.

DeGea468
23-10-11, 13:55
Oh okay then, Does anyone who has used mgcam recently or currently use it be able to tell me if you can set up multiple lines? can mgcam be managed via 'Softcam/CI' in settings like cccam?

DeGea468
23-10-11, 14:49
Update:

Installed and got mgcamd 1.35a working and all seem okay.

My questions are

1) how do i see info about mgcam in the infobar? like ecm etc like with cccam

2) is there a MGcam equivalent to 'CCcam info' in settings i can download? so i can manage mgcam in the same/similar way you can with cccam

Thanks in advance

silverfox0786
23-10-11, 16:55
Mgcamd was asked but as we don't use it we can't imliment it

I need to know how mgcam works and get it set up for it to be tested and implemented

DeGea468
23-10-11, 17:49
Mgcamd was asked but as we don't use it we can't imliment it

I need to know how mgcam works and get it set up for it to be tested and implementedOkay then, Do you think yourself or someone else in the team will set up mgcam to test and implement it?

I would appreciate it and i'm sure there are other users of ViX who use mgcam or will use it that would also.

silverfox0786
23-10-11, 18:00
Well the last person I asked to show me how it works didn't reply back

If you wanna pm me the setup I can try it

DeGea468
23-10-11, 18:56
Well the last person I asked to show me how it works didn't reply back

If you wanna pm me the setup I can try itPM sent with how i setup mgcamd

silverfox0786
23-10-11, 19:55
thanks mate i will see what i can do to get it set up then i willask andy to impliment it and bug test it

DeGea468
24-10-11, 21:50
thanks mate i will see what i can do to get it set up then i willask andy to impliment it and bug test itThank you very much, hope that can be implemented for 2.3

Also will this be able to be added? when adding a timer.. is it possible to add a 'alert' or 'notify' option to the ViX image along with record and zap. I think it would be good to just be notified of programme start then decide whether to zap straight to it or wait a little before choosing to zap.. rather than alone being able to record and zap as sometimes you may not want to auto zap but just be notified.

Stanman
24-10-11, 21:58
Thank you very much, hope that can be implemented for 2.3

Also will this be able to be added? when adding a timer.. is it possible to add a 'alert' or 'notify' option to the ViX image along with record and zap. I think it would be good to just be notified of programme start then decide whether to zap straight to it or wait a little before choosing to zap.. rather than alone being able to record and zap as sometimes you may not want to auto zap but just be notified.

Its a nice to have feature and if relatively straight forward, Andy may consider it for future release but to be honest, if your not around its better for the AT to record and if you are and it zaps, how much time does it take to change channels again?

Any way will bring this to Andy attention but cant promise anything.

silverfox0786
24-10-11, 21:58
it already does that mate

when an autotimer or timer starts you get an on screen message saying recording has started

Stanman
24-10-11, 22:01
I know that but in the AT setting there is also an option to zap and his asking for that to be authorized rather than automatically doing it:p

DeGea468
24-10-11, 22:21
Its a nice to have feature and if relatively straight forward, Andy may consider it for future release but to be honest, if your not around its better for the AT to record and if you are and it zaps, how much time does it take to change channels again?

Any way will bring this to Andy attention but cant promise anything.

I think it is a nice feature to have along with being able to see mgcamd info where the cccam info is on the infobar so hopefully both are not hard to implement and i understand that but sometimes i'll be watching a program and it will just automatically zap away interrupting the program, when it would be ideal to just notify me that another program has started and then you can choose to zap or wait.. like on sky.

DeGea468
26-10-11, 20:21
Hi

Quick question, I came across something called TSpanel. Is this a useful plugin? do i need it?

Larry-G
26-10-11, 20:29
Hi

Quick question, I came across something called TSpanel. Is this a useful plugin? do i need it?

it can be useful as it's a repository of plugins and skins , bouquets for various images and boxes etc. as for whether you need it thats up to you.

DeGea468
26-10-11, 20:50
it can be useful as it's a repository of plugins and skins , bouquets for various images and boxes etc. as for whether you need it thats up to you.Thanks for your response, Hmm i think i'll try it out.. will it work okay with the Vu+ Uno on Vix 2.2.100?

Rob van der Does
26-10-11, 21:04
Thanks for your response, Hmm i think i'll try it out.. will it work okay with the Vu+ Uno on Vix 2.2.100?
We can't tell you that. But if you make an image-backup first, it's quite safe to try it out.

Larry-G
26-10-11, 21:14
Thanks for your response, Hmm i think i'll try it out.. will it work okay with the Vu+ Uno on Vix 2.2.100?

just be careful with the plugins you download that they are for either vix or openpli, for example all BH skins unless modified for VIX / PLI will cause a full green screen boot loop once loaded.

as stanman said make a backup in case things go wrong.

DeGea468
01-11-11, 16:07
Hello again

I've noticed with the follow channels..

Dave HD
Watch HD
OBE
there are others

They don't show any details of what's on when i bring up the epg, for those channels its just blank.

When i zap to the channel and then bring up the epg it will then show what's on for like the next hour or two then it will be blank.

I have tried to delete and re-download the crossepg data but still the same.

Anyone experiences this?

silverfox0786
01-11-11, 19:50
i have noticed those 3 channel are having scanning issues possibly down to 1N they have not changed frequency justthey dont scan i had to do a manual add

use my bouquets as they are in there

DeGea468
01-11-11, 20:41
i have noticed those 3 channel are having scanning issues possibly down to 1N they have not changed frequency justthey dont scan i had to do a manual add

use my bouquets as they are in thereGlad i'm not the only one.. Have you manage to fix it then?.. If you mean your latest settings then i loaded them yesterday night but still have the issue.

I used http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8060-ViX-Team-Enigma-2-HD-settings-for-28.2E-amp-UK-DTT

but in future i'll use http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8059-ViX-Team-Enigma-2-HD-settings-for-28.2E as i don't use the 'UK-DTT' part although i'm sure either is fine.

Edit: I'm going to load the non UK-DTT version.

Q, Do i need to clear the previous settings on the box before loading the new one? or can i just load it over the old one? which is what i did before

silverfox0786
01-11-11, 22:21
my latest setings seem to work for mejust fine and i always load over the top of the old ones

DeGea468
01-11-11, 23:26
my latest setings seem to work for mejust fine and i always load over the top of the old onesi'm using the latest one as well, Now using http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8059-ViX-Team-Enigma-2-HD-settings-for-28.2E (HD SWAP version) still not seeing the channel info in the epg with those 3 channels and some others.

I've done a re-scan of the channels and still no working

silverfox0786
01-11-11, 23:27
ok do this delete epg.dat and reparse the epg

DeGea468
02-11-11, 00:06
Is there a way to 'reparse' or do i just re-download the epg data?

DeGea468
02-11-11, 14:55
Re-downloaded the epg data and still not working :confused:

Rob van der Does
02-11-11, 15:23
Are you sure you deleted the epg.dat while Enigma2 was killed (init 4)?

DeGea468
02-11-11, 17:40
Are you sure you deleted the epg.dat while Enigma2 was killed (init 4)?Yep i think i'm sure, I deleted the epg.dat file that's located on my USB stick as i changed the location. It was on the HDD before.

/media/usb/epg.dat

when you say "while Enigma2 was killed (init 4)" what exactly do you mean this?

I just deleted the epg.dat via the Filebrowser then i exit and press blue to bring up the extension list and then i pick CrossEPG Downloader to re-download.

Rob van der Does
02-11-11, 18:19
If Enigma is alive, you can't delete epg-data, as it is in RAM and the file epg.dat will be re-written with that data on E2-restart.
So if the epg-data is corrupt/not correct, there's only one way to get rid of it: kill Enigma (telnet command "init 4"), delete the file and restart E2 (telnet command "init 3"). Once E2 is alive again, you can download new data.

DeGea468
02-11-11, 20:28
If Enigma is alive, you can't delete epg-data, as it is in RAM and the file epg.dat will be re-written with that data on E2-restart.
So if the epg-data is corrupt/not correct, there's only one way to get rid of it: kill Enigma (telnet command "init 4"), delete the file and restart E2 (telnet command "init 3"). Once E2 is alive again, you can download new data.Thank you for this i'll try it now, when i kill the enigma where do i locate the epg-data file to delete? do i ftp to delete?

Larry-G
02-11-11, 20:33
yes just FTP in as you normally would.

DeGea468
02-11-11, 20:40
yes just FTP in as you normally would.Oh so...
1, kill the enigma init 4
2, delete the epg.dat file like before (/media/usb/epg.dat)
3,re-start enigma init 3

Is that right? or is there a different epg file i need to delete?

Larry-G
02-11-11, 20:41
no, that should be it.

try it and get back to us with the results if you can.

thanks.

Rob van der Does
02-11-11, 20:41
Correct. Normally there only one, but another one could have been left behind somewhere. But the important one, is on the location you set yourself in the settings.

DeGea468
02-11-11, 21:05
no, that should be it.

try it and get back to us with the results if you can.

thanks.

Correct. Normally there only one, but another one could have been left behind somewhere. But the important one, is on the location you set yourself in the settings.

Thank you both, I'll give it a try in an hour or so as i'm watching the football at the moment.. Hopefully it does fix the issue with channel details not showing the in the epg for the channels in question. I'll get back to you with how it went.

In the mean time i have another question(s) about the epg.

Q, How do i set the time along the top so that it increments by :00 and :30? like how it is on the sky epg.. like this...

12:00 - 12:30 - 13:00 - 13:30 - 14:00 - 14:30

at the moment its :45 and :15 like this

12:45 - 12:15 - 13:45 - 13:15 - 14:45 - 14:15

which is odd and a pain to see when programmes start and end its easier if its by :00 and :30.

Q, Also is there a way to change the format to 12 hours rather than 24 hour format? so it looks like this

12:00 - 12:30 - 1:00 - 1:30 - 2:00 - 2:30

DeGea468
03-11-11, 01:05
I did the telnet init 4, delete then epg.dat and init 3 and it still doesn't work, however now it say "service unavailable, Check tuner configuration" before the channel would work.

i did a re-scan via 'automatic scan' but that didn't work either.. what should i do now? any suggestion?.. maybe a manual add for the two channels like silverfox0786 did?

Also any answers/suggestions to the two questions above would be appreciated.

Rob van der Does
03-11-11, 08:04
But it did solve your "wrong EPG"issue?
Service not being available can't be related to that.

DeGea468
03-11-11, 14:23
But it did solve your "wrong EPG"issue?
Service not being available can't be related to that.The initial issue was that when i bring up the epg there is no info for the channels Watch HD, Dave HD, France 24 (but i think France 24 along with NHK world isn't part of the sky channel line up anymore) But for Watch HD and Dave HD i could still view the channel and then some info would come up in the EPG for up to around 2 hours then the rest would be blank.

After doing the init 4, delete epg.dat and then init 3.

The issue with no info in the epg is still a problem and now i can't view the channels at all cause i get the "service unavailable, Check tuner configuration" message where as before although there was no info i could still view the channel now i can't

Rob van der Does
03-11-11, 14:30
So it looks like you need to rescan. You didn't by any chance disable "backgroundscan" did you?

DeGea468
03-11-11, 14:57
So it looks like you need to rescan. You didn't by any chance disable "backgroundscan" did you?silverfox0786 said he noticed the same channels having problems but he managed to fix it.. but i did what he suggested which didn't work.. I did a re-scan yesterday night when i saw the "service unavailable, Check tuner configuration" message after doing the telnet, but after the re-scan it still had the same message :confused:.. hmm i don't think so, where is that setting located so i can check?

Edit: I found it under 'Customize' and nope i didn't turn it off.

silverfox0786
03-11-11, 20:39
Doing a scan will cause dave and watch HD to not scan there is a problem there but if you use a premade bouquet like mine then dave and watch will show up

DeGea468
03-11-11, 22:00
Doing a scan will cause dave and watch HD to not scan there is a problem there but if you use a premade bouquet like mine then dave and watch will show up

you can check pids in dbedit in the pid section click on edit on a channel to add em in manuallyI couldn't find the PIDs, which bit does it get typed into 'Video' 'Audio' 'Teletext' 'PCR' or 'AC3'?

I've managed to get the two channels watchable again so i no longer get "service unavailable, Check tuner configuration" so some progress made, However i still have this issue.

I wonder why you was able to fix it but i can't :(

silverfox0786
03-11-11, 22:16
the pid section on the right is where its added

you can get them from king of sat

DeGea468
03-11-11, 22:57
Thank you very much to silverfox0786, pheonix and Rob van der Does for taking the time to respond to the problem i was having. I'm happy to say its now fixed :D (Hope it stays fixed)

What i did for anyone else who experiences a problem like this or similar..

1, Was delete all epg related data from the epg folder and epg.dat

2, Downloaded the epg data from a different source in my case XMLTV (I usually use OPENTV) the purpose of this was to see if OPENTV was causing the issue.

My suspicions were right, once XMLTV was downloaded the issue of Watch HD and Dave HD not showing info in the epg was gone.

3, Delete all related epg data again from the epg folder and epg.dat

4, Re-download the usually data source that you use for me its OPENTV

5, Not sure if a restart is needed but i did it anyway and in my case the info for Watch HD and Dave HD was still there.

Note: only time will tell if this is a perm fix, Hopefully it is but for now its sorted.

Larry-G
03-11-11, 23:00
well i'm happy you got there in the end, and i hope you enjoy using your receiver.

DeGea468
04-11-11, 00:38
well i'm happy you got there in the end, and i hope you enjoy using your receiver.Me too, I'am very much enjoying it despite the few hick ups.

Is there any answers/suggestions to this,

Q, How do i set the time along the top so that it increments by :00 and :30? like how it is on the sky epg.. like this...

12:00 - 12:30 - 13:00 - 13:30 - 14:00 - 14:30

at the moment its :45 and :15 like this

12:45 - 12:15 - 13:45 - 13:15 - 14:45 - 14:15

which is odd and a pain to see when programmes start and end its easier if its by :00 and :30.

Q, Also is there a way to change the format to 12 hours rather than 24 hour format? so it looks like this

12:00 - 12:30 - 1:00 - 1:30 - 2:00 - 2:30

Rob van der Does
04-11-11, 06:10
Q1: This is about ViX-EPG (the graphical EPG)? If so, try changing the timescale (ViX-EPG --> Menu) to a larger value and see what happens.

Q2: No (and I'm glad it is 24hrs; how else could you tell 2.30 to be AM or PM, especially when scrolling further to the right?).

DeGea468
04-11-11, 13:44
Q1: This is about ViX-EPG (the graphical EPG)? If so, try changing the timescale (ViX-EPG --> Menu) to a larger value and see what happens.

Yes its the EPG, Oh okay thank you i'll try that.

Does anyone who knows more/played with the timescale setting more know which value is best?

Q2: No (and I'm glad it is 24hrs; how else could you tell 2.30 to be AM or PM, especially when scrolling further to the right?).

Couldn't PM and AM be able to the 12 hour format?

To my previous issue, Nope not a perm fix unfortunately.. In 6 days there will be no epg info for Watch HD and Dave HD again so i didn't fix it totally.

Q, Is there a way to report bugs to OPENTV? cause with XLMTV there isn't a problem. if not hopefully they are aware of the problem and will fix it soon.

Rob van der Does
04-11-11, 14:38
Yes its the EPG, Oh okay thank you i'll try that.
Does anyone who knows more/played with the timescale setting more know which value is best?
Well, that depends on your own preferences, and off course to the skin used.
Attached you see my lay out & settings.

DeGea468
04-11-11, 16:06
Thanks for the images.. i'll see what happens changing the time scale

DeGea468
01-12-11, 04:40
Hello

I need some help on how to uninstall an ipk file? more specifically "enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk".

Thanks in advance.

Rob van der Does
01-12-11, 07:24
1: The easy way:
use DCC, find the package and click "deinstall";

2: the manual way:
Type in telnet
"opkg list"
This will list all installed packages. Find the package name of the item you want to remove then
type:
"ipkg remove package" (changing "package" to actual package name without the .ipk)

DeGea468
01-12-11, 16:17
Thank you Rob van der Does.. Whats DCC? is it a PC software?

Larry-G
01-12-11, 16:20
yes DCC is pc software it stands for Dreambox Control Center

DeGea468
01-12-11, 16:33
Thank you Pheonix, i'll download that.

DeGea468
01-12-11, 17:06
Downloaded DCC and deleted the IPK i didn't need anymore, worked a treat.. Nice and easy :thumbsup:

DeGea468
20-01-12, 17:32
Hi,

Everything has been fine then all of a sudden today everything has stopped working and i keep getting 'Tune Failed' on the channels i have tried.

I'm not sure what to do.. all i've done so far is restarted the receiver which didn't fix it.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

DeGea468
20-01-12, 20:45
Update 1:

When i went into the tuner setup, it had turned itself off :confused:, I set it back up and done a re-scan and i now have some channels working but now some are grayed out and not working and i get this message, 'Service unavailable, Check tuner configuration'

Channel 4 HD
Sky Living HD
GOLD
ITV2 HD
ITV3 HD
ITV4 HD
Sky Livingit

just to name a few..

have the grayed channels moved?

DeGea468
20-01-12, 21:08
Update 2:

All sorted now :D

I re-sent the channel bouquets to the receiver and it sorted out all the grayed out channels.

Not sure what happened but if anyone encounters this don't panic ( i nearly did lol)

1) Setup your tuner(s) again - Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration

2) Re-scan channels - Setup > Service Searching > Automatic Scan

3) Resend channel bouquets to receiver

Then your all sorted :thumbsup:

norhap
20-01-12, 21:36
as I can get my data DTT channel?

with automatic search of my DTT, when I give information service key (MENU button) get this:

Inversion: Auto
Auto Transmission Mode.
Guard Interval: Auto
Transponder Type: Land
Bandwidth, 8 MHz
Coderate LP: Auto
Frequency: 610000000
Auto Information Hierarchy
Constellation: Auto
Coderate HP: Auto

these are the data I need are the DTT channel data:

SID: service
TSID: Transponder
ONID: Red

Well, what I want is to get Freeview channel data with the image after getting ViX pass hexadecimal data, so try to import my DTT (SAT) and take my tuner EPG DTT. and see the EPG, I need to know how to obtain these from the DTT channel intending to import:

is possible to obtain such information with ViX?

I want to do automatic, meaning that the EPG is loaded alone (DTT), without having to give the yellow button and then MENU -> "import from the EPG." for that I have to set the lines in the script mhw2epgdowloader.conf.

avail easiest way to do this?

norhap
21-01-12, 18:26
I have it running, the provider I use is the mhw2 (spain).

I have only to add a copy to replace the line configuration

This is the line you use, eg for channel TVE1:

SAT line to copy -> DTT

channel copy = 77c0:40a:1:TVE 1 -> 1cc:3ed:22d4:TVE 1 DTT

how complicated the data has been searching in my area,
SID: Service
TSID: Transponder
ONID: Red

but I automatically loads the epg in DTT tuner Hauppage USB mini stick

DeGea468
03-05-12, 18:40
Hello

I have a problem.. all of a sudden i'm getting "Tuner Failed"

I have done a restart but still not working.

I came across a different thread when doing a search and it mentions making sure settings are up to date.

I'm using 'ViX Team Enigma 2 HD settings for 28.2E' usually it gets updated every month but so far it's 2 days over due.

Could this have something to do with it?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stanman
03-05-12, 18:46
Which channels, have you looked on the 28.E transponder changes thread as that will tell you if the channel has changed the location.

DeGea468
03-05-12, 18:51
Which channels, have you looked on the 28.E transponder changes thread as that will tell you if the channel has changed the location.
From what i can see it's all of the channels that don't work :confused:

Stanman
03-05-12, 18:53
Thats probably not a bouquet issue.

Check your tuner configuration and cables in case its been knocked or something.

You could try updating your sat.xml in case its corrupted

DeGea468
03-05-12, 19:22
Thats probably not a bouquet issue.

Check your tuner configuration and cables in case its been knocked or something.

You could try updating your sat.xml in case its corruptedI checked the cable, Checked the configuration which hasn't changed and updated but still nothing.. I tried a different receiver that didn't give a signal either

Stanman
03-05-12, 20:33
could be your dish alignment or LNB

DeGea468
03-05-12, 21:02
Thanks for trying to help me, I know why it's not working now.

Stanman
03-05-12, 22:11
And the solution was ??