PDA

View Full Version : New ET9000 Disk Full

tickett
24-09-11, 18:44
I recently bought a 3nd ET9000 and have been using it happily for a few days with the latest vix image. When I powered it up this morning the VFD just hangs on "booting..." and the screen shows a blank green screen with the spinning Vix logo. When i look at the crash log i can see the problem is a full flash:

IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device: '/usr/share/enigma2/ViX_HD/skin.xml.tmp'
---- saving lame channel db
FATAL: couldn't save lame channel db!
]]>
</enigma2crashlog>
</crashlogs>
</openvix>

I can ssh in to the box and see:

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 122.0M 121.5M 552.0K 100% /
tmpfs 64.0K 8.0K 56.0K 13% /dev
/dev/sda2 15.4G 67.4M 15.3G 0% /media/usb
tmpfs 155.4M 804.0K 154.6M 1% /var/volatile
tmpfs 155.4M 0 155.4M 0% /dev/shm

I can't see any suspiciously large files- any ideas where the problem might be or a linux command I can use to try and find out where all the space has gone? My other box has about 50% free space with the same configuration:

/dev/root 122.0M 60.2M 61.8M 49% /
tmpfs 64.0K 8.0K 56.0K 13% /dev
tmpfs 155.4M 688.0K 154.7M 0% /var/volatile
tmpfs 155.4M 0 155.4M 0% /dev/shm

Thanks!

andyblac
24-09-11, 19:33
have you got a hdd or usb mounted ?, if so to where "/media/hdd" the default record/timeshift location is /media/hdd, so you have mount your device to say /media/usb you have to change the recording/timeshft location this too, other wise it wil still fo to /media/hdd and if no hdd is monuned to there it would be recording to flash. so make sure you have updated thye recording paths (change in system setup) to /media/usb, and deleted any files stored in /media/hdd.

silverfox0786
24-09-11, 19:35
Also a full crashlog here would make andyblac's life far easier and an exact pin point of yr issue known

pooface
24-09-11, 20:13
Likely to be that you have everything storing to /media/hdd, and without a hdd attached, you are filling up the flash... Hence, upon load, it's unable to store to the flash. If you ssh in, go to /media/hdd and see what's in there. Likely you can remove it all (check yourself first tho), and once removed, reboot and all should be fine...

tickett
24-09-11, 20:52
I have hdd emulation on for a samba mount so /media/hdd points to a network location. If the samba share was temporarily inaccessible (possible as there was a powercut) maybe /media/hdd was pointing somewhere else... any idea where that would be? And the crashlogs are all on the samba share.

Crashlog attached:

Thanks

tickett
26-09-11, 10:48
Right- i have managed to fix it!

I un-mounted /media/net/tv (the location /media/hdd was pointing to) and then when i listed the contents of /media/hdd i could see the stuff which obviously got recorded after the powercut when /media/net/tv was unavailable! I rm * in /media/hdd and rebooted the box and voila!

The only question i have now... where does /media/hdd point to when you have no hard disk or virtual hard disk (network mount)? As i definitely couldn't see this files until i un-mounted /media/net/tv...

Thanks

pooface
26-09-11, 10:57
The only question i have now... where does /media/hdd point to when you have no hard disk or virtual hard disk (network mount)? As i definitely couldn't see this files until i un-mounted /media/net/tv...

Thanks

You've kind of answered this yourself... When nothing is connected to the box and mounted at /media/hdd, it is just a folder in flash. The fact that you had to unmount the nfs to see the files, and when the got deleted and freed up the flash, show this ;)

Moral or story, get a cheap hdd and put it in the box. Set that drive as your /media/hdd, and you'll never fill up flash when you have a problem. Then, you can have the nfs drive mounted at /media/net/tv, and put a symlink in /media/hdd to this folder. Then, you will be able to use the hdd as usual recording space, and the nfs for extra films you have transferred from computer/the box etc...

Digital Cloud
20-12-11, 15:29
i think i realized how to access flash content without unmounting hdd network share. the hint was found here:
http://superuser.com/questions/200685/what-does-linux-do-with-existing-files-in-a-mount-point

the steps are:
[1] notice the mount point of you network share that used as hdd replacement

root@et9000:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
//192.168.13.10/etik-hdd on /media/net/vhdd type cifs (...)

in my case the mount point is /media/net/vhdd (notice that you will have different values!)

[2] create temporary directory for mount

root@et9000:~# mkdir /tempmount

[3] bind root of file system to newly created folder

root@et9000:/# mount --bind / /tempmount

[4] the content of directory /tempmount{PATH_THAT_YOU_NOTICE_IN_STEP_1} is that what located on flash and used as default recording location if no hdd is present

root@et9000:/# cd /tempmount/media/net/vhdd
root@et9000:/tempmount/media/net/vhdd# ls -l
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 160 Dec 17 00:00 movie
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 160 Dec 17 00:00 timeshift

you are free to do what you want with it

after done
[5] unbind /tempmount

root@et9000:/tempmount/media/net/vhdd# cd /
root@et9000:/# umount /tempmount

[6] remove /tempmount

root@et9000:/# rmdir tempmount