PDA

View Full Version : Androiod Streaming

porche944
24-09-11, 13:03
Found a couple of apps on the Android Market for streaming to your Tab or Smart Phone.

Androiddreamer and VPlayer.

Install and configure AndroidDreamer for your Vu+DUO or other Linux set top box. This app basically captures the stream and then makes it available to a play back app.

Install VPlay (free) this needs no configuring!

Use Androiddreamer to "View Bouquets" --> select channel --> "Stream Channel?" --> Yes --> select VPlayer form list.

I've tried this on my Samsung Galaxy S and Asus Transformer.

HD channels stream without picture, but that does not matter as the screens are so small the SD channel image is perfect.

Have fun!

pooface
24-09-11, 13:13
Just to re-iterate before we get hundreds of questions ... this is only for streaming across wifi to a local receiver. Streaming across the internet to your phone/tab will not work, as you need to transcode the stream...

porche944
24-09-11, 13:43
That's all i'm using it for, local LAN access.

pooface
24-09-11, 15:31
That's all i'm using it for, local LAN access.

Yes, but lots of users want to stream to fone when at work etc, so they'll see this and think it'll work. Just letting people who see the thread know ;)

Sent with Tapatalk

psionguy
25-09-11, 20:19
Found a couple of apps on the Android Market for streaming to your Tab or Smart Phone.

Androiddreamer and VPlayer.

Install and configure AndroidDreamer for your Vu+DUO or other Linux set top box. This app basically captures the stream and then makes it available to a play back app.

Install VPlay (free) this needs no configuring!

Use Androiddreamer to "View Bouquets" --> select channel --> "Stream Channel?" --> Yes --> select VPlayer form list.

I've tried this on my Samsung Galaxy S and Asus Transformer.

HD channels stream without picture, but that does not matter as the screens are so small the SD channel image is perfect.

Have fun!

Thanks for the post, just a small point Vplayer is not a free app, but this also works using Daroon player which is a free app.

jcm193
25-09-11, 20:27
You pay for what you get ive had a slingplayer and slingplayer mobile for two years now and its worth every penny if you want to watch tv on the move

tilleke
19-02-12, 21:32
Sorry - I just came across this thread now :)

Hmm....of course streaming works remotely. That is why I wrote AndroidDreamer in first place. It does require however a PC acting as a transcoding-server but once set up, everything works nicely :)

Just to re-iterate before we get hundreds of questions ... this is only for streaming across wifi to a local receiver. Streaming across the internet to your phone/tab will not work, as you need to transcode the stream...