PDA

View Full Version : Network Mounts

porche944
24-09-11, 12:34
I'm having difficulty in setting up a network mount point using both the network browser and mount manager in version 2.2.1. It works fine in 2.0, in 2.2 it would green screen so I went back to 2.0. Looking at the bug fixes of 2.2.1 this GS was fixed and it is, but you can not browse and the mount shares on the LAN. I have a NAS which I use for all my media, and the Vu+Duo uses (v2.0) it for recording.

Any help would be appreciated.

delboy1
24-09-11, 12:38
hello porche944,
can you see the path you want in network browser?

porche944
24-09-11, 12:54
Not from the Network browser.

pooface
24-09-11, 13:05
Not from the Network browser.

Can you not enter it manually? In the manager, you can give the ip address of the has, the path, what you want it called etc. If the path is there, then it will work fine...

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11229

delboy1
24-09-11, 13:05
it must be seen in network browser first to be able to use it.
it might be a setting with the nas.

delboy1
24-09-11, 13:11
all i have done with my own---network browser-find your item wanted-select it- select no p-word - select hdd - select no p-word- ok -
exit - mountpoint manager - mountpoint managment (to see if its there only).
exit - media player to view from mount

pooface
24-09-11, 13:15
it must be seen in network browser first to be able to use it.
it might be a setting with the nas.

If it's working on his vu duo, then I would say it's not a setting on the nas ;)

porche944
24-09-11, 13:15
The network browser in 2.0 lists the NAS as does 2.2.1 but in 2.0 it then expanded the NAS listing the shares, then select the share and mount from there. In 2.2.1 it no longer expands any of my network shares (PC, NAS) and so can not mount it.

Tried it manually from the screen shot above the mount point does not appear in the list as an option under Recording Paths.

This was so straight forward in 2.0. It was broken in 2.2 and I think the issue has still not been fully resolved, even though the GS has been sorted.

pooface
24-09-11, 13:18
The network browser in 2.0 lists the NAS as does 2.2.1 but in 2.0 it then expanded the NAS listing the shares, then select the share and mount from there. In 2.2.1 it no longer expands any of my network shares (PC, NAS) and so can not mount it.

Tried it manually from the screen shot above the mount point does not appear in the list as an option under Recording Paths.

This was so straight forward in 2.0. It was broken in 2.2 and I think the issue has still not been fully resolved, even though the GS has been sorted.

Well, I've been using NAS throughout all of the ViX images, and never had 1 problem. So, it is either your NAS, or the way you're using it...

Once it's been mounted, it should be under /media/net/. You can browse to this location in the recording paths... Although if the box doesn't have a hdd inside, you'd be better off choosing the option " use as hdd replacement" when mounting...