PDA

View Full Version : satmate epg

cryptic x
24-09-11, 10:39
i have vu+duo with blackhole image.the last 2 days cant get any epg.when i try to download satmate.it says completed.press exit.and get green screen.try rytec.says completed but no epg.any ideas .thanks in advance.tried rebooting ect

Rob van der Does
24-09-11, 14:31
Many images have problems importing (lots of) EPG data. Try using a swap-file; if that doesn't help, install ViX 2.2, then EPG will work fine.

cryptic x
24-09-11, 14:43
dont know what you mean swap file.tried all thats on my box rytec satmate skyuk.not getting anything on epg.not had a prob .before.f satmate did not work then tried rytec.

Maverick120
24-09-11, 20:01
Ive got exactly the same problem.

Rob van der Does
24-09-11, 21:13
Doesn't BH have it's own forum?

Maverick120
24-09-11, 21:28
We're trying to see if anyone else has problem with satmate or Rytec not bloody Black Hole.

shuggy
24-09-11, 21:48
i have same problem with sat mate and all the other epgs im using dream elite 1.33f not been able to d/l it for couple days i tried vix 2.2 earlier too but epg still wasnt d/ling

cosie
24-09-11, 22:05
epg from satmate went down yesterday i think.i got latest vix img,just select rytec souce and restart

Larry-G
24-09-11, 22:15
We're trying to see if anyone else has problem with satmate or Rytec not bloody Black Hole.

and with a attitude like that i doubt you'll get much help.

Maverick120
24-09-11, 22:17
Rytec isn't working either, thats my problem , never had both cocked up at the same time before.

Larry-G
24-09-11, 22:23
I dont need some one telling me to go some where else when the problem isn't there.
Read the post the fault is not with BH, thank you to the ones trying to help who can read,
attitude is yours my friend.

where have i displayed any form of attitude ?

any way post binned and for the record VIX / crosEPG / is working perfectly for me.

basilyoung
24-09-11, 22:49
i have vu+duo with blackhole image.the last 2 days cant get any epg.when i try to download satmate.it says completed.press exit.and get green screen.try rytec.says completed but no epg.any ideas .thanks in advance.tried rebooting ect

You use the word "We" the orig poster asked a question, got a green screen, so not only have you hi jacked his thread/question, which surgest there might be an issue with his image, and epg, and your rude with it, and need to re read the post, if you cant offer help, and have an issue with epg, start your own thread

any more behaviour like this, will result in a ban

Rob van der Does
25-09-11, 05:47
Thank you very much for your polite reaction on my response.......

I think it was made clear in my answer that
1- in ViX we don't experience XMLTV-import problems;
2- XMLTV doesn't work fine in many images (due to poor memory handling); they often can be overcome by using a SWAP-file.

If you don't like the answer, just go somewhere else and see if a big mouth will bring you any help.

shuggy
25-09-11, 08:47
sat mate is back working just tried at 8am

cryptic x
25-09-11, 19:06
thanks for your replys.have satmate set to update at 5am.got up this morning all back on.could not understand why rytec.wasent working .never mind all back to normal now cheers everybody.

pooface
25-09-11, 20:00
thanks for your replys.have satmate set to update at 5am.got up this morning all back on.could not understand why rytec.wasent working .never mind all back to normal now cheers everybody.

In future, if anyone is having problems with satmate, then the easiest thing to do, is try to download the file directly from a web browser. Can't remember the addy myself, as haven't used satmate for quite some time, as it's basically the same info as you get from crossepg, and crossepg takes only a little while longer than satmate, plus crossepg can download when in standby every hour, so you have a more up to date epg ;)

Anyway, back to what I was saying, if you try downloading the satmate epg directly, and you don't get the zip file, then it might be down. He has a forum where you can get help. He's a very helpful guy, as I remember when I used to use blackhole on my dm800 I used to be quite active on there. All you need to do is ask, and you get a response (in a nice tone of course ;)). And before anyone asks, can't post the link to the forum in here, as it's against forum rules ;)