PDA

View Full Version : Dish location

rjsoni
28-06-10, 14:58
I am thinking about purchasing the VU+ Duo box from the site sponsor, like the sponsor I am from Leicester, want to go for a 1m motorised setup, but before I do, need to get a clear idea if the dish can be located above the gutter line, as shown in the dishpointer image (shows true south).

Proposed setup:

VU+ Duo
1m Orbital Dish
Darkmotor or Technomate TM2600
Twin 0.1 LNB (not really sure which one to go for)
2 x 24" T&K Brackets
Scaffold pole, got one its 14 feet long, builder left it ;-)
U bolts

Tuner A - Sky feed (fixed dish already setup)
Tuner B - Motorised

My concerns is that the pitch of the roof may restrict the feeds & the weight of the pole and dish may be to much when we get high winds. Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated.

rjsoni

paul362
29-06-10, 07:15
As far as the pole goes I use an 8foot (do NOT use 14 foot) galvanized scaffold pole and it is fine (as far as strength goes) but it does wobble a bit in high wind, the 24" T&K should be well strong enough, as far as the site location goes depending on the distance between the 2 houses you may well get problems with the eat sats looking @ your piccy ? you may be better off trying to re'locate to a better place with a more clear line of sight, that said its going to be trial and error im afraid if that's your only point of mounting.