PDA

View Full Version : Please Help VU+ wont boot

ghafonso
23-09-11, 21:15
Hi,

I recently install a vix 2.0 on my new vu+ duo and everything was fine.
After i shutted down, the box dont start, nothing appears on the led screen except a red light and nothing else...:mad:
Please help me guys!how i can solve this big problem!

Thank you very much

basilyoung
23-09-11, 21:21
FIRST OF ALL, DISCONNECT ANY USB DEVICE, opps caps lock on,
then see is the unit will bootup
if not, disconnect the hard drive if you have one, and repeat
if all else fails, turn off the unit, and leave it for a few minutes, the put an image on usb, use the front slot. once the usb is in place,..restart the unit
get back to us if this fails

and welcome to the forum, sorry about your dilema, also please post an intro post, with some info about you setup

ghafonso
23-09-11, 21:26
Thanks basilyoung for the quick reply i will turn off the unit for a few minuts.

Thank you

ghafonso
23-09-11, 21:50
Nothing happens...i leave the box disconnected from the power for about 10 minuts and then turn it on with a usb on a front panel with a image inside but doesnt work....

Please help again and sorry for my bad english

satmanbasil
23-09-11, 21:58
Hi my friend

Did you on the usb stick have a folder called vuplus and inside that folder another called duo into which you placed the 3 files of the image your going to use ..... by the way good thing to mention what image ur using

Might be an idea to revert back to orginal image at first then if all works well install latest vix image

regards
satmanbasil

ghafonso
23-09-11, 22:08
Hi satmanbasil and thanks for the reply

I purshased the box on monday and install the latest vix image...and works perfectly...but today when i come home the box was freezing no tv image only the name of the channel in the LED panel...its strange....
i will try to flash with the original image.

Thank you very much

wullboy
23-09-11, 22:13
silly question, but is the connections at the back of the box, all ok m8 ??

ghafonso
23-09-11, 22:17
Hi blueboy

Yes all connections are ok. I checked it all...i cant get no information on led panel only a red light....................................i try to revert to the original image and nothing happens..................:confused:

ghafonso
23-09-11, 22:43
Any idea how to resolve this problem.......

punisher
23-09-11, 22:45
Jus unplug everything an leave it off for a bit then try booting without anything connected i.e. Sat cable, usbs,hdds, network cable, and hdmi see if u have ne luck. This is only a trial and error

portbhoy
23-09-11, 23:13
Have you reformatted the usb stick you used before reloading the firmware onto it also try using another browser firefox or chrome to save the download file. Like punisher said sometimes it's trial and error and the simplest details can be overlooked.

ghafonso
23-09-11, 23:31
Thanks guys for the replys

I try everything....reformatted the usb stick with the new original image, power off with nothing connected, but no signs of life of my vu+.........it only appears the red light and nothing else
Anyone here had a similar problem?

Thanks

basilyoung
23-09-11, 23:33
where are you based??

please do not post your exact location

wullboy
23-09-11, 23:35
pmsl...italy at a guess.... lol

ghafonso
23-09-11, 23:41
Portugal!sorry for my bad english!

Larry-G
23-09-11, 23:44
no need to apologize its not your native language.

i would suggest you remove every thing from the receiver including the power cord and leave it to sit over night. then come back to it in the morning from a fresh perspective.

basilyoung
23-09-11, 23:44
I was hoping you are in the uk, as we would very likely have someone near you, but this is not the case, so we will need to slug this one out

so to get the facts,

with every thing removed from the unit, after a reboot, there is no sign of activity, on the led screen??

ghafonso
23-09-11, 23:48
Exactly basilyoung, tried everything....i leaved the box disconected without the power cord for 30 minutes try to reflash with a original image and nothing happens....only the red light comes when i turn it on....and nothing else happens.................

basilyoung
23-09-11, 23:57
have you tried rebooting with out the usb stick ??

if so, and no sign of life,

try reformatting the usb stick on your computer

down load a new image, not the one on your comp

unzip the image

on the usb stick copy the new file ( yellow folder which after opening, contains the image files, single folder with the image within )

put this usb stick into the front usb slot....switch on the unit, and see if you get a message on the led screen

if not, then really, the unit sounds like it has developed a fault, and you need to return it to the dealer you bought from

ghafonso
24-09-11, 00:07
I could not return the equipment to the dealer because I install a non official image in the box, so it lost the guarantee.....:( its a very bad situation because i cant reflash to a original image so i cant return it.........

basilyoung
24-09-11, 00:13
not sure of the laws in your country, but here in the uk, this would not happen, and in any event, if the unit is not working, they would not know of any changes to the unit, as in,...the unit is not working ...full stop

these units are sold, and like computers, you can use any operating system, the image you have/had on the unit is the operating system, and would not of trashed your unit

however, have you tried the last surgested remidy?

ghafonso
24-09-11, 00:18
I will try again with usb flash

basilyoung
24-09-11, 00:19
please do,....to be honest, i would be surprised if your unit is dead, they are pretty solid

ghafonso
24-09-11, 00:31
Well doesnt work i try to reflash again but doesnt but nothing happens...its a very wired situation i bought this vu+ because a friend of mine told me that they are very solid...and i was very satisfied..until now....its dead...i will try to send it back to the dealer..... its dead they wouldn't know what image is inside.....many thanks for your support man.

basilyoung
24-09-11, 00:37
just very sorry that your first experiance of the VU is a bad one, they are fantastic units, and I was a dreambox fan big time, and have the main variants of dreambox, clarktek and VU

please get a replacement, you wont be sorry

baz

ps, please inform us of the out come of your situation

ghafonso
24-09-11, 00:40
Ok i will inform. Thank you very much for your support

scud
24-09-11, 17:04
Ok i will inform. Thank you very much for your support
hi have you tried usb port at the back of the box and do you have a harddrive installed if so disconect harddrive reflash box and the switch back on.

ghafonso
24-09-11, 18:04
Hi scud

Yes I try to ref lash from the usb rear ports but nothing happens the box is dead........:(

wullboy
24-09-11, 18:14
m8, have you checked the dish end to see if there is a problem with your dish connections, and have you tried to FTP to the box ??

ghafonso
24-09-11, 19:03
Yes i checked, the sat cable and the other cables...the ethernet lights are flashing when i connect a ethernet cable and turn on the box but i cant connect over ftp....is still dead no sign of life except a red light and ethernet lights.

satmanbasil
25-09-11, 13:10
Hi mate

Have you used the vu Util program on your pc connected to the receiver via null modem cable to install the image, also dumb question but needs asking are you using the right image vu Duo for the duo or vu Solo for the solo as mistakes are easily made i have both receivers and find myself having to double check im using the correct image for the correct receiver.

regards
satmanbasil

Huevos
25-09-11, 23:57
Sound's like the USB stick is not compatible.

Rob van der Does
26-09-11, 13:16
Looks like the bootloader has been damaged: an RMA will be needed for that.