PDA

View Full Version : CoolEPG 4.0.0

danmed
23-09-11, 16:06
So i tried to upgrade the CoolEPG that comes with WOS to 4.0.0 and have now ended up with no CoolEPG :(

I'm going to restore back to the default WOS image but should this be possible? or is V 4 not compatible with the tm800? It looks like it has PIP which i'm interested in.

danmed
23-09-11, 17:30
ARFGH!!! FFS.. just spent the last 30 minutes getting everything back to normal.. and now i've broken CoolEPG again... was just changing the button mappings and now whatever button i have set to BouquetList now just skips to the last bouquet and doesn't display the list... GRR

It seems it's actually going up one bouquet... How god damn irritating is this!

danmed
23-09-11, 18:16
right.. i'm starting again.. Can someone please answer the below :

Is any version of Cool TV Guide compatible above 2.2.2?
How do you backup the TM800 so it can be restored via the USB Flash method?

thank you

digidude
24-09-11, 10:16
the latest coolepg that will work on the TM800 is v2.2.2. if the .py source files were included with coolepg, any version would work, but theyre not, so its limited to v2.2.2 as the OS on the receiver is based on OE1.5 and python 2.5, versions of coolepg after v2.2.2 need python2.6

depending on if the backup is enabled in your image, to create a backup image, turn the power off, turn on and watch the front display, once its booted to 100%, itll say 'checking key' (it only shows this for 3 seconds) while this is displayed, press OK on the front of the receiver, and the display will change to an IP address.

enter this IP into your PC browser, and youll see half way down the screen the option to backup, click this, wait a few mins for it to complete, then scroll down and click the download button

save the image to a usb stick, and you can then restore to this

danmed
25-09-11, 10:32
the latest coolepg that will work on the TM800 is v2.2.2. if the .py source files were included with coolepg, any version would work, but theyre not, so its limited to v2.2.2 as the OS on the receiver is based on OE1.5 and python 2.5, versions of coolepg after v2.2.2 need python2.6

depending on if the backup is enabled in your image, to create a backup image, turn the power off, turn on and watch the front display, once its booted to 100%, itll say 'checking key' (it only shows this for 3 seconds) while this is displayed, press OK on the front of the receiver, and the display will change to an IP address.

enter this IP into your PC browser, and youll see half way down the screen the option to backup, click this, wait a few mins for it to complete, then scroll down and click the download button

save the image to a usb stick, and you can then restore to this

Thanks Digi, that's saving me time breaking this thing over and over :)

With regards to the Backup feature, i assume the IP routine is incase you don't know what IP you assigned or it's DHCP.. I've looked in the miniweb and there is no backup option :( I'm running the latest WOS image..

danmed
25-09-11, 11:41
Arghf FTWFTWFTWFTWFTWFDUOL:KSJd

The damn yellow button has gone again.. holding it down doesn't bring up the Bouquets anymore.. ffs..

If i change any button to be BouquetList is just goes up a bouquet.. this is getting ****ing irritating now.

Edit : I got the backup working btw.. thanks!