PDA

View Full Version : VTi Image 3.1 slow to boot

Alan Pee
23-09-11, 14:05
I have VTI 3.1 on flash but it takes ages to load when booting always saying 'loading defaults' for a long time before fully loading. Then it hangs most of the time when I am choosing values on menu, panel or plugins with the VTI turning around for minutes. Is there fix to this?

Rob van der Does
24-09-11, 06:12
I suggest to ask that on the VTi-forum; on this forum the likely answer is "flash ViX 2.2"!

But as you say "on flash" you are suggesting that you are using Multiboot. Correct? If so: just don't. Multiboot is never a stable situation, and thanks to all kinds of easy to use backup methods, it's much very easy/safe/simple/fast to switch to an other image using backups.

Alan Pee
24-09-11, 10:15
Thnaks Rob

Sicilian
27-09-11, 16:16
Have you transferred a large set of multi-satellite bouquets? I found the same issue last time I tested Vti image using Cateyes bouquets. Vti image dont seem to like large multi-satellite settings/bouuqets.

Alan Pee
29-09-11, 15:15
Yes I have the same catsyeye motor list. May be thats why. I will delete all the satellites and channels I don't need and see if it improves.

silverfox0786
29-09-11, 15:18
cateseye have a issue a rescan should sort it

Sicilian
29-09-11, 15:25
Yes I have the same catsyeye motor list. May be thats why. I will delete all the satellites and channels I don't need and see if it improves.

Try a different Enigma2 pack or open them in dreamboxedit and delete the bouquets/satellites you dont use. I've only seen the VTi image affected like this. ViX image is not affected.

Alan Pee
30-09-11, 22:00
I will try a different settings file and see what happens.

Alan Pee
05-10-11, 15:44
I tried several different settings files but its still the same. I will just leave VTI for now. Thanks all.

Sicilian
05-10-11, 15:45
I tried several different settings files but its still the same. I will just leave VTI for now. Thanks all.

Had you changed their defualt skin?

Alan Pee
06-10-11, 14:36
Yes I have changed to several skins on VTI. In fact I changed their default skin immediately after installing the image because I don't like the default skin. This didn't make any difference.